airtwardo

Mass shooting @ Sikh temple near Milwaukee

Sihk's have always seemed to me to be some of the most redeeming people you can find in the United States, I can't imagine why anyone would want to do such a senseless thing.

With no details about the shooter(s) available, I remember after 911 and all the Sikhs that got beat up and some even killed by the abundant numbers of ignorant we seem to have.

The ongoing campaign to vilify American-Muslims by some of our highest elected officials does not help.

What kind of guns are we going to ban this time?

The ones with a "...shoulder thing that goes up..." are already on their list. Rapid fire rotary magazine clip hanguns might be next.

"Once we got to the point where twenty/something's needed a place on the corner that changed the oil in their cars we were doomed . . ."
-NickDG

Because your current gun laws and culture is doing a cracking job at stopping multiple mass killings on such a regular basis...

Maybe if the Sikhs wore concealed guns instead of concealed daggers... To soon? :$
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Sihk's have always seemed to me to be some of the most redeeming people you can find in the United States, I can't imagine why anyone would want to do such a senseless thing.

With no details about the shooter(s) available, I remember after 911 and all the Sikhs that got beat up and some even killed by the abundant numbers of ignorant we seem to have.

The ongoing campaign to vilify American-Muslims by some of our highest elected officials does not help.

This may be common knowledge here but, Sikhs are not Muslim, they are Hindu. The ones I knew back in the early 70's considered themselves warrior class and practiced Kundalini Yoga.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

This may be common knowledge here but, Sikhs are not Muslim, they are Hindu. The ones I knew back in the early 70's considered themselves warrior class and practiced Kundalini Yoga.

That's was my point, Sikh's being mistaken for Muslims. One witness just stated it was a white male with a 911 tat (the shooter).

The ones I work with are some of the most mellow people I know.

Why the hellbwould someone do that? Sikh is a religion of servitude, charity, and equality.

That is just messed up.

The Sikh culture is not without its own brand of extremists....
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

That's was my point, Sikh's being mistaken for Muslims. One witness just stated it was a white male with a 911 tat (the shooter).

The ones I work with are some of the most mellow people I know.

It seems it is one of the most peaceful religions there is..... ever
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Why the hellbwould someone do that? Sikh is a religion of servitude, charity, and equality.

That is just messed up.

W/no other info to go on, yet. I'll suggest it might well have been a Pak. Sikhs are the Indians who are allowed to fight (& booze, etc...). Perhaps someone carried their Kashmir animosities over here?

I could "suggest" a lot of things, but why not just wait until we actually find out?

Just confirmed the shooter was a white forty-something male with a shaved head...hmmm.

On behalf of white, middle-aged guys . . . Fuck this dude.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

>This may be common knowledge here but, Sikhs are not Muslim, they are Hindu.

They are neither; they are Sikhs.

True enough, they came from the Hindu. It is more correct to say they are Indian, I suppose.

"Sikhism is comparatively a new religion in India. This religion was established by Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Nanak ji was born into a Hindu family in 1469 in the Punjab region. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikhism_in_India
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I could "suggest" a lot of things, but why not just wait until we actually find out?

uh, since when has that ever been our way?

(our = Americans, esp those with hard ons for gun control. Our = Speakers Corner, who are no different than generic people)