RonD1120

Rep Allen West: Dems are Communist

All Ballots Counted, Allen West Defeated By Patrick Murphy

Posted: 11/10/2012 11:40 am EST

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) may be vowing that his race against Patrick Murphy is far from over, but as of early Saturday morning, all ballots were counted and legally the result is clear: West lost.

Murphy won a total of 166,799 votes to West's 164,370, the Palm Beach Post reported. That puts Murphy ahead by 2,429 votes and gives him a 0.7 percent advantage. Florida law only requires a recount when the margin is 0.5 percent or less.

UPDATE: 6:14 p.m. -- The state of Florida certified Murphy as the winner of the race later Saturday.

=================================

Partial recount underway in West-Murphy race
MATT SEDENSKY, Associated Press
Published 7:01 a.m., Sunday, November 11, 2012

FORT PIERCE, Fla. (AP) — A partial recount was under way Sunday in the District 18 congressional race, but it showed little sign of ending Rep. Allen West's fight to keep his seat.

Although the unofficial count reported to the state Saturday gave the win to Democrat Patrick Murphy, at a margin outside the threshold for a recount, St. Lucie County agreed to a limited one anyway to settle concerns over a problem processing some early ballots. Election officials said they were taking the step "out of an abundance of caution."

The official notice of the recount said all early votes would be included, though officials ultimately decided to feed only three days of ballots into scanners. West's campaign objected to the dates being recounted, the absence of a full recount of early votes and the county's refusal to turn over some other documentation requested.

Heather Young, an assistant county attorney, said all dates affected by an Election Night failure in loading memory cards were being included in Sunday's count, but a protracted legal fight by West appeared more likely with each passing day.

=================================

The state of Florida certified Murphy as the winner of the race later Saturday.

I think you are wrong...

http://www.pbcelections.org/

http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/FL/Palm_Beach/43850/111821/en/summary.html

Updated 11/10/2012 11:10:09 AM EST

Allen B. West - 50.07% - 68,314
Patrick Murphy - 49.93% - 68,129

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/blog-summaries/267213-florida-certifies-victory-for-dem-house-newcomer

Updated 11/10/12 06:06 PM ET

Allen West, whining c**t. Spend a bunch of taxpayers dollars asking courts to impound voting machines, recount votes.....whatever.

He lost, he deserves to lose and the more he digs in, the bigger an asshole he is and the further away he will ever be from being in office ever again. Better for the country in the long run. Joins the ranks of Akin Mourdock, Walsh, and many others.....OUT!

>It is very possible, Allen West will pull off a win, if all counties are required to perform
>a recount.

So let's see.

We have an election where the democrat is leading by more than the margin of error (in fact by more than the margin that requires a recount) and the conservative meme is "the republican is gaining and can pull off a win."

Reminds me of another election way back when, say a week ago . . .

Neither for or against West or Murphy. I just find it disturbing that something so simple as counting votes has proven so difficult. Then, there are the reports of turnout exceeding 100 per cent in some areas of the country.

I wonder if our society has lost all sense of honor and the ability to disagree without being disagreeable.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

The funny thing about numbers (attached)

Agreed. But since the numbers are still changing...it seems anyone declaring a conclusion is forecasting...

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

The funny thing about numbers (attached)

proper attribution for fucks sake, its not like it would have taken you any more time to post the link

http://xkcd.com/1131/

He fully endorses use of his comics by any and everyone but at least give him the respect of proper credit.

http://xkcd.com/about/

Note: You are welcome to reprint occasional comics pretty much anywhere (presentations, papers, blogs with ads, etc). If you're not outright merchandizing, you're probably fine. Just be sure to attribute the comic to xkcd.com.

>It is very possible, Allen West will pull off a win, if all counties are required to perform
>a recount.

So let's see.

We have an election where the democrat is leading by more than the margin of error (in fact by more than the margin that requires a recount) and the conservative meme is "the republican is gaining and can pull off a win."

Well, at least you didn't bring up Bush Vs Gore...:P

I wonder if our society has lost all sense of honor and the ability to disagree without being disagreeable.

Like back in the good old days of the 19th Century? How about on May 22, 1856, when Rep. Preston Brooks beat Sen. Charles Sumner nearly to death with a cane on the floor of the US Senate? (And when other Senators in the Chamber tried to intervene, Rep. Laurence Keitt prevented them from doing so by holding them at bay with a pistol.)

Or how about on July 11, 1804, when Vice President Aaron Burr shot Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton to death in a duel?

The good old days weren't so good. They were just old.

So let's see.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/11/12/florida-declares-west-has-lost-reelection-bid-despite-early-voting/

- But they then agreed to a partial recount of early votes in St. Lucie County after acknowledging some votes had been counted twice.

- Officials have “already stated they had a 141 percent voter turnout, which I think should cause everyone alarm,” West told Fox.

“If people are that adamant about getting rid of me, that’s fine,” West told Fox News on Monday. “But don’t do it at the expense of the integrity of our electoral process. That’s what disturbs me the most.”

This is totally going to court...

Bill, this is not a hanging chad issue...

Fair enough. But allow me the ability to lament the situation...even if it isn't new.

Do a little research on the Burr - Hamilton duel when you get a chance. Very interesting. I agree with many historians in believing it was actually an act of suicide.

David

http://www.examiner.com/article/st-lucie-co-fl-announces-141-voter-turnout

The explanation. There are 2 cards to the ballot, the count of 141% was the cards submitted, not votes. divide by two, 70% is the voter turnout.

For West to turn the 141% into a 'fact' is disgraceful. He lost. He lost on Tuesday, he has a partial recount and he lost again. The 141% is not true, and for him to take it to court would be a complete waste of taxpayers dollars.