Skyrad

How do you stop massacres by mentally unstable people using guns?

Right. Nor is that gun in your holster going to do you much good when the seat explodes under your arse....

Made me laugh again.

My point is that handguns are very useful for self defense. For mass attacks, there are plenty of other options. Taking away handguns hinders the good guy more than the bad guy.
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

If he didn't have a gun, he could have easily driven his car through a playground full of kids. It has happened before. Didn't get much press. Nobody wants to take away other people's right to own a cadillac.

Like I said, you are willing to rely on the odds of saving yourself with a gun in a tear gas filled chaotic theatre. I am willing to rely on the odds of him not driving a cadillac through a playground if he didn't have ready access to guns.

So basically you're taking the Big Sky safety theory by skydivers and applying it to the ground. Since the odds of either event are miniscule, it probably works out. However, San Francisco has seen two incidents in the past couple years where a driver went around mowing down pedestrians in one case, and targeting cyclists in another.

and targeting cyclists in another.

seriously, they should be allowed the road as long as they follow all the rules just like the cars. BUT, if there's a bike path available, then they should just use that and stop being assholes.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

seriously, they should be allowed the road as long as they follow all the rules just like the cars. BUT, if there's a bike path available, then they should just use that and stop being assholes.

read the fucking vehicle code already.

bossly little shit aren't you? (hell, even funjumper takes a break on Fridays)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

bossly little shit aren't you? (hell, even funjumper takes a break on Fridays)

I'm not the one who just expressed complete ignorance of the law, or said that cyclists deserve to get run down for following all the rules just like the cars.

You're the one that doesn't know the rules. Or anything about cycling.

There are definitely asshole cyclists out there, esp in San Francisco. Many of them then get in BMWs or oversized SUVs and become asshole drivers, running red lights, running down pedestrians, speeding in crowded streets.

However, San Francisco has seen two incidents in the past couple years where a driver went around mowing down pedestrians in one case, and targeting cyclists in another.

Clearly because they had a hard time finding guns.

probably should check the murder rates 5 miles to the East in Oakland.

It is a challenge indeed for citizens to legally buy guns here now. That's why I built my ARSENAL years ago.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

probably should check the murder rates 5 miles to the East in Oakland.

Why would I look up the murder rate in Oakland? I thought there was no correlation between access to guns and murder rates?

I'm not the one who just expressed complete ignorance of the law, or said that cyclists deserve to get run down

tongue in cheek, Kelpy. Indicated by the total non sequitor, I'll try to use smileys for the slow people in the future

stay off the caffeine, and have a fun weekend

However, San Francisco has seen two incidents in the past couple years where a driver went around mowing down pedestrians in one case, and targeting cyclists in another.

See? , it would be so much simpler :) to just have the San Fran :ogovernment:ph34r: issue a "free":S gun to every driver (except the rich:(, they can afford >:(>:( their own guns:) the roads a bit.:PB|B|B|B|:)
;)

I'm not the one who just expressed complete ignorance of the law, or said that cyclists deserve to get run down

tongue in cheek, Kelpy. Indicated by the total non sequitor, I'll try to use smileys for the slow people in the future

right, because people getting run over is funny stuff. Do any standup in Aurora?

I thought we were expected to cower, not stand up.

You do realize that some people in the theater are alive today simply because they dropped to the ground and played dead; right?
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

This post of yours explains that you have actually no interest in anything but pushing your opinion on others.

In this case it would make zero difference if people had a weapon with which to "defend" themselves. The attack still would have happened precisely the way it did and was enabled because of the ease of access the perp had to the weapons he specifically chose for the task at hand.

And I have to ask... What experience do YOU have in tactical shooting situations that allows you to have such an expert opinion?

You are like the 5 jump wonder talking to YOU about how easy it is to jump a camera.

right, because people getting run over is funny stuff. Do any standup in Aurora?

as soon as the crowds die down