rushmc

South Dakota abortion law ruling

>the doctor doesn't get a vote - his job is to provide the chosen service

He absolutely does. If the service is medically contraindicated he refuses, as he should; he took an oath to that effect. However provided it is NOT medically contraindicated he functions as an advisor and provider rather than as a gatekeeper.

Doctors have the responsibility of being good medical advocates for their patients, since they are often their only connection between the medical community and the patient him/herself. Thus while I am all for more information exchange, I am leery of laws that seek to constrain that advocacy into narrower channels.

Keep in mind that everyone will stand before the Lord Jesus Christ.

Not me. I was born nearly two thousand years too late, not to mention in the wrong part of the world.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Don't waste too much of your time fighting the heathens that post here. Keep in mind that everyone will stand before the Lord Jesus Christ. Some will do it as a choice and some will do it as a consequence.

Dude! You just violated the Third Commandment.

???
Number 3: “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;"

I don't understand what you mean.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Isn't it funny how liberals want women to be free to abort unborn babies, because women should have the right to control their own bodies. But those same liberals think that those same women should not be allowed to purchase and drink a 16-ounce coke because that's bad for her health?

Don't waste too much of your time fighting the heathens that post here. Keep in mind that everyone will stand before the Lord Jesus Christ. Some will do it as a choice and some will do it as a consequence.

Dude! You just violated the Third Commandment.

???
Number 3: “You shall not make for yourself a carved image—any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth;"

I don't understand what you mean.

Fourth - you like to throw the lord's name around

I meant the fourth ... you sure do like to throw the lord's name around for just about any reason.

Isn't it funny how liberals want women to be free to abort unborn babies, because women should have the right to control their own bodies. But those same liberals think that those same women should not be allowed to purchase and drink a 16-ounce coke because that's bad for her health?

And

You forgot that THEY should be able to buy a 16 oz drink should they want to

We gotta remember the rules they want to inflict on the rest of us do not apply to them
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

This post is a great example of one of the ways in which politics has gotten so screwed up in this country, and why I think it's ridiculous that people put candidate bumper stickers on their car. It's virtually impossible to not be disgusted by every candidate.

But even going beyond what any one candidate actually supports, the things people group together under one political epithet are so goofy, of course everyone thinks "the other side" are nuts.

This post is a great example of one of the ways in which politics has gotten so screwed up in this country, and why I think it's ridiculous that people put candidate bumper stickers on their car. It's virtually impossible to not be disgusted by every candidate.

But even going beyond what any one candidate actually supports, the things people group together under one political epithet are so goofy, of course everyone thinks "the other side" are nuts.

I know what you're saying, and it just happens to be liberals that have made both of these things happen. But sometimes it's fun to take two different things and put 'em together like this to illustrate how goofy something is. The idea that a woman deserves to control her own body to the point of aborting an unborn baby, but at the same time, she cannot be allowed to control her body to choose to drink a 16-oz soda. The wide disparity there between those two things demonstrates how goofy Bloomberg's big-soda ban is, from the perspective of being able to do what you want with your own body. You would expect the soda-ban to come from someone who wants to ban abortion, since saving life and health go together. But instead, we have this weird case of opposites co-existing.

I meant the fourth ... you sure do like to throw the lord's name around for just about any reason.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to explain my frequent use of the name of my Lord and Savior.

"Jesus, Jesus there is something about that name."

John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:

Acts 3:16 And His name, through faith in His name, has made this man strong, whom you see and know. Yes, the faith which comes through Him has given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

Acts 4:12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

Philippians 2:9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The above are just a few of the many references to the power and justification of the name, Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

It is my duty and responsibility to proclaim the name of and give credit to the Lord Jesus whenever I am able.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

The creation of life begins at conception. It doesn't begin the day before or the day after. It begins when it occurs.

I agree.

Well if I have the bad luck to stand before your Lord Jesus Christ I'll give him a swift kick in the bollocks and hope
I'll get sent some where warm and away from all you religious heathens.
Can you really imagine the boredom of being trapped in a place with all those self righteous pillars of society.

Gone fishing

Well if I have the bad luck to stand before your Lord Jesus Christ I'll give him a swift kick in the bollocks and hope
I'll get sent some where warm and away from all you religious heathens.
Can you really imagine the boredom of being trapped in a place with all those self righteous pillars of society.

Not to worry, God will not drag you kicking and screaming into His paradise.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to explain my frequent use of the name of my Lord and Savior.

"Jesus, Jesus there is something about that name."

John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:

Acts 3:16 And His name, through faith in His name, has made this man strong, whom you see and know. Yes, the faith which comes through Him has given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.

Acts 4:12 Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.”

Philippians 2:9 Therefore God also has highly exalted Him and given Him the name which is above every name, 10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those in heaven, and of those on earth, and of those under the earth, 11 and that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The above are just a few of the many references to the power and justification of the name, Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

It is my duty and responsibility to proclaim the name of and give credit to the Lord Jesus whenever I am able.

That's just fine, but many people find it extremely annoying at the very least. Especially when it makes its way into our laws. The Christian "Taliban" have been forcing their religious views on women throught the U.S. with laws that invade womens' right to privacy and insert the State into the doctor-patient relationship.

That's just fine, but many people find it extremely annoying at the very least. Especially when it makes its way into our laws. The Christian "Taliban" have been forcing their religious views on women throught the U.S. with laws that invade womens' right to privacy and insert the State into the doctor-patient relationship.

I know the feeling and can be empathic. I get the same reaction when I read or hear something espousing the left wing liberal agenda, political correctness or the benefits of the BHO administration.

a suicide rate after abortion of 31.9 per 100,000 as compared to a suicide rate after live birth of 5.0 per 100,000

Well in all fairness, it could be argued that women who have abortions are just troubled individuals to begin with and therefore already tend to be more prone to suicide.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

That's interesting, because that's exactly how I felt just prior to my conversion...like a mom dragging a kid out of a toy store without buying anything.:D

But now that I'm here...It's not so bad after all, eh?;)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

That's interesting, because that's exactly how I felt just prior to my conversion...like a mom dragging a kid out of a toy store without buying anything.:D

But now that I'm here...It's not so bad after all, eh?;)

Good point. Reality is overrated.