ChangoLanzao

NRA 'Enabler Of Death'

Watch. This is what the truth sounds like.

CLICKY

It is not truth, it is just liberal spin. Let's not forget that Moyers was there at the beginning of President Johnson's Great Society ideology. One of the first experiments was Project 100,000. That was the drafting of 100,000 young men who could not attend college. Vietnam provided a guaranteed attrition to the Great Society funding.

Liberal Democrats, consistently failing since 1964.

Red herrings. Have nothing to do with anything he said in his editorial. Have nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

But thanks for your insight!

Sorry, I tend to type what comes into my head.

Bill Moyers has no idea what the NRA stands for or what it does. He is nothing more than a life long liberal hack. Abeit, respected by many but not me.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am a member of the NRA.

Really? I never would have guessed! :o

Incidentally, Bill'O has already addressed Moyer's editorial assay today with one of his apoplectic rants. He's jealous, I think, because Bill Moyers is a true journalist.

Adolf Hitler said: "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty."

The following link asks a great question :Gun Free Zones obviously do nothing to deter the mentally disturbed individual and merely unarm law-abiding citizens. Do Gun Free Zones schools such as Virginia Tech, which suffered a mass casualty shooting in 2008 have a responsibility to the safety of their students if they disarm them?
http://www.scribd.com/doc/7876073/Gun-Free-Zones
Think about it: How does laws regulate or control people who break the law?
Answer: it doesn't. All it does is control those who do follow the law and, in the case of gun laws, put the power in the hands of criminals.

>That's not what several trained people have posted in this and other threads.

Why would anyone in Speaker's Corner listen to what people who are actually trained think? Much better to imagine what they would think and then discuss that, and avoid the perils of direct experience.

Because of opinion. Reasonable minds can differ, and it's all speculative, anyway.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Adolf Hitler said: "The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing. Indeed, I would go so far as to say that the supply of arms to the underdogs is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty."

So you want to be prepared to overthrow the United States government. I see.

Hitler, shmitler. :P
Germany had gun controls before Hitler came to power. It wasn't his idea. He actually made it easier for Germans to obtain guns with his 1938 gun control act.

I've heard these insurrectionist arguments before. They are a serious threat to democracy. You're basically thinking that in America the people need to have free access to guns in order to defend themselves against the Government. This is YOUR government. If you want to preserve it, you can't justify taking up arms against it when it doesn't suit you anymore. That approach is fundamentally hostile to democracy. You need to take personal responsibility and work through the political process and abide by the law. The last thing we need is to have a bunch of gun nuts deciding for themselves that it's time to take up arms against the United States in order to save the rest of us from who knows what.

you keep saying "democracy", yet you start your post referring to the US government.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Because it doesn't describe our system of government.

edit to add: I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?
--
Rob

Amazing thing happened in Canada:

Crime rate dropped 6% to lowest level since 1972, and the severity of crime index dropped 6%.

One should keep in mind this was accomplished without handing out free guns

Yet they did drop the gun registry.

Also, US murder rates have DROPPED since 1980. And is also lower than in 1972. Yet there are more guns than in 1972.

Amazing thing happened in Canada:

Crime rate dropped 6% to lowest level since 1972, and the severity of crime index dropped 6%.

One should keep in mind this was accomplished without handing out free guns.

Amazing thing happened in America - since 1993, violent crime has dropped 70%, declined 13% (take your 6% and smoke it!) in 2010 and are at historic lows.

All in spite of record gun sales and liberalized carry laws.

When will you ever figure out that guns are irrelevant to crime rate?

Incidentally, Bill'O has already addressed Moyer's editorial assay today with one of his apoplectic rants. He's jealous, I think, because Bill Moyers is a true journalist.

sounds more like a columnist since NRA is Enabler of Death is clearly an editorial statement.

You a false journalist or what?

you keep saying "democracy", yet you start your post referring to the US government.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Because it doesn't describe our system of government.

edit to add: I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?

You're being silly.

Our form of government is based on the Rule of Law, not insurrectionism. A Republican form of government. Is that better? Do you like that description better? How about constitutional?

>The real 'enabler of death' is the anti gun groups and people that would
>prefer the masses not be allowed to fight back.

That's just as dumb as the original post.

You got that did you? So it is still on par with many of your posts.

You're being silly.

yes, of course I am. My give a shit is broken right now and I'm fucking off rather than working.

Our form of government is based on the Rule of Law, not insurrectionism. A Republican form of government. Is that better? Do you like that description better? How about constitutional?

sure. sounds better. So being based on Rule of Law, wouldn't it be good if our chief executive didn't ignore some laws?
--
Rob

take your 6% and smoke it!

Yes, the US is in a real position to boast right now :S

When will you ever figure out that guns are irrelevant to crime rate?

Where did I say they were relevant? I thought the comment regarding giving guns for free showed quite clearly that low crime can be achieved without proliferation of guns.

(Hence logically meaning guns are irrelevant to crime rate)

I expected the reply from DaVinci. Thought you had better logical thinking skills.

>You got that did you? So it is still on par with many of your posts.
RushMC, is that you?

Hardly Marc, his spelling is worse ;)
It seems to be JR's alter ego :)

Doesn't have a binary option poll attached.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Where did I say they were relevant? I thought the comment regarding giving guns for free showed quite clearly that low crime can be achieved without proliferation of guns.

But it doesn't show that at all. It just shows that crime decreased. As it did here. It would be just as intelligent to say that its possible to achieve low crime in a land infested with moose.

You're being silly.

yes, of course I am. My give a shit is broken right now and I'm fucking off rather than working.

sure. sounds better. So being based on Rule of Law, wouldn't it be good if our chief executive didn't ignore some laws?

Absolutely.