ChangoLanzao

NRA 'Enabler Of Death'

Disagree.

I agree with you. Mr Moyers hit the spin button and pushed the throttle forward, even spreading an already proven lie all over again for his personal political advancement. I would like to know where he got the accidental gun shot wound stat he mentions. Most historians who are truthful (and not trying to embellish a story for sales) have shown the perceived wild west gun violence to be far less than us modern know it all believe.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

We're going to need a similar name for the College Loan program.
It WAS as clearly a contributor in the deaths of those 12 people as the NRA, weapons in general, and all legal gun owners on the planet were.

For supposedly intelligent people, I'm constantly floored by the typical knee jerk reaction.

We're going to need a similar name for the College Loan program.
It WAS as clearly a contributor in the deaths of those 12 people as the NRA, weapons in general, and all legal gun owners on the planet were.

For supposedly intelligent people, I'm constantly floored by the typical knee jerk reaction.

Start wearing a cup.

Keeps me from getting floored.

Matt

Watch. This is what the truth sounds like.

CLICKY

Nope.

The NRA is a defender of America whose only regrettable trait is too much compromise.

I let my membership lapse and joined a gun-rights association (Jews For the Preservation of Firearms Ownership) which panders less to self-styled liberals after I noted they (or more precisely the NRA-ILA) was endorsing Republicans who were more anti-gun than their Democrat opposition.

The key there is that gun control is genocide, and even if gun control could reduce the murder rate (it hasn't worked real well in places like Washington DC, Mexico, or Jamaica) we'd need a thousand years to match the body count from a somewhat effective genocidal regime.

I think that had a few people in that theater been armed - and TRAINED to employ those weapons - that the shooter would be in the morgue right now and fewer other people would be there.

I also find it sickeningly saddening that people may shudder to think of the bloodbath that would have resulted if some in the theater were armed and attempted to neutralize the guy.

Sorry, Mr. Moyers. You're off the mark here.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

I think that had a few people in that theater been armed - and TRAINED to employ those weapons - that the shooter would be in the morgue right now and fewer other people would be there.

That's not what several trained people have posted in this and other threads.
Remster

Some have, some have not. But it is a "what if" we wont know the answer too.

Matt

read what he said, "i think" that's the important part. as well as what others have said. there is no way of knowing, only guesses based on past examples. had i been there, i "know" how i would have reacted, i've been on the receiving end of gunfire before, although not in the same situation. of course, that is conjecture as well, any number of things could cause a different outcome.
http://kitswv.com

Mr Moyers hit the spin button and pushed the throttle forward, even spreading an already proven lie all over again for his personal political advancement.

Whether one agrees or disagrees with him, Moyers is 78 years old now, and his professional reputation is long since secured for whatever it may be. And while he, like anyone, has his own personal ideology, it's doubtful that at his age he has much more in the way of ambition for advancement.

Interesting factoid - he's basically a Texas boy. FWIW.

Some have, some have not. But it is a "what if" we wont know the answer too.

Matt

I agree. It's a "what if" which is why I wrote "I think." Not stated as a fact, but an opinion.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

CLICKY

It is not truth, it is just liberal spin. Let's not forget that Moyers was there at the beginning of President Johnson's Great Society ideology. One of the first experiments was Project 100,000. That was the drafting of 100,000 young men who could not attend college. Vietnam provided a guaranteed attrition to the Great Society funding.

Liberal Democrats, consistently failing since 1964.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

CLICKY

It is not truth, it is just liberal spin. Let's not forget that Moyers was there at the beginning of President Johnson's Great Society ideology. One of the first experiments was Project 100,000. That was the drafting of 100,000 young men who could not attend college. Vietnam provided a guaranteed attrition to the Great Society funding.

Interesting Wiki write-up on Project 100,000 Here. It bears reading in its entirety. According to the article, 54% of the participants were volunteers, while 46% were conscripts. I'm not so sure the intent was to "kill 'em off" (it was touted as a sort of social-opportunity program), but that was the net effect.

You know, one of my earliest real-time memories of the Vietnam War as a kid was hearing that Johnson was sending 100,000 troops to Vietnam. Coincidence of numbers? Mmmm, No.

Sure glad to know that we've learned our lesson, and that kind of "recruit the cannon fodder" mentality doesn't exist in US government or military nowadays. :S
[/sarcasm]

CLICKY

Red herrings. Have nothing to do with anything he said in his editorial. Have nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

But thanks for your insight!

CLICKY

Red herrings. Have nothing to do with anything he said in his editorial. Have nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Red herring, when pickled and chilled, is excellent when served with cucumbers marinated in a dill-infused vinaigrette. I swear to God.

CLICKY

Sorry, I tend to type what comes into my head.

Bill Moyers has no idea what the NRA stands for or what it does. He is nothing more than a life long liberal hack. Abeit, respected by many but not me.

In the interest of full disclosure, I am a member of the NRA.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>That's not what several trained people have posted in this and other threads.

Why would anyone in Speaker's Corner listen to what people who are actually trained think? Much better to imagine what they would think and then discuss that, and avoid the perils of direct experience.