Butters

Do you think ...

... if you had a paintball gun that you could shoot another individual in the face while they move around shooting their paintball gun into a dark, crowded theater filled with tear gas without hitting anyone else in the crowd?
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

... if you had a paintball gun that you could shoot another individual in the face while they move around shooting their paintball gun into a dark, crowded theater filled with tear gas without hitting anyone else in the crowd?

It's possible. That is if people are not jumping over the seats and running in front of you trying to get away.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

>butter than cowering in a corner like a sheep awaiting slaughter....

Well, to be fair, there are probably options between shooting a paintball gun loaded with tear gas and "cowering in a corner like a sheep awaiting slaughter."

>butter than cowering in a corner like a sheep awaiting slaughter....

Well, to be fair, there are probably options between shooting a paintball gun loaded with tear gas and "cowering in a corner like a sheep awaiting slaughter."

The paintball gun is not loaded with tear gas, the theater is.

it's been a while since I fired a paintball gun, but accuracy to the point of a head shot wasn't my experience. (pump action, not semi automatic)

A movie theater is not completely dark.

Right. Flickering light will make things so much easier. :S

My every day carry pistol (1911) has a light on it (TLR) and when I go to the movies I put one of my Surefire tactical lights in my pocket on my "weak" side.

Besides being super handy if someone in your party drops their cell phone or keys in the dark, you never know what will happen out here.

A couple of .45 slugs to the chest, even with soft armor on, will tend to get someone to stop firing and give you the gap you need to gain time, distance and cover.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

My every day carry pistol (1911) has a light on it (TLR) and when I go to the movies I put one of my Surefire tactical lights in my pocket on my "weak" side.

Besides being super handy if someone in your party drops their cell phone or keys in the dark, you never know what will happen out here.

A couple of .45 slugs to the chest, even with soft armor on, will tend to get someone to stop firing and give you the gap you need to gain time, distance and cover.

Not according to the professional arm chair quarterbacks around here. They say you should sit down and wait to be shot

Not according to the professional arm chair quarterbacks around here. They say you should sit down and wait to be shot

No one has suggested anything like that. I have, however, asked you repeatedly if you've ever actually experienced a tear gas. I have. It sucked when I was expecting it. Aim a weapon when unexpectedly exposed? LMAO!
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

Who said that?

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

>Not according to the professional arm chair quarterbacks around here. They say you
>should sit down and wait to be shot

Exactly. In any confrontation the only two options are to open fire into a crowd or sit down and wait to be shot.

>Not according to the professional arm chair quarterbacks around here. They say you

Exactly. In any confrontation the only two options are to open fire into a crowd or sit down and wait to be shot.

It makes me question conceal and carry if people believe those are their only options.

I sometimes wonder if, for a certain sub-set of humanity, every decision actually is binary. Maybe this is the same sub-set who don't recognize irony or sub-text.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Even as bad as the gas chamber was, I was still able to isolate direction of sound.
I'd still prefer those odds.
With butter.

Are you saying that you could use sound isolation to hit the shooter in a theater during a movie? I'm calling BS.

Why is it so difficult for people to admit that a gun or few in the audience just wouldn't have likely made a difference? The shooter was well prepared and successfully implemented a surprise, incapacitate, and overwhelm strategy. It's unlikely that a theater crowded with panicking people would have provided many opportunities clear shots, and the tear gas made it unlikely any such opportunity could be successfully utilized.

It sounds like an example of the Dunning–Kruger effect.
Math tutoring available. Only $6! per hour! First lesson: Factorials!

No one has suggested anything like that. I have, however, asked you repeatedly if you've ever actually experienced a tear gas. I have. It sucked when I was expecting it. Aim a weapon when unexpectedly exposed? LMAO!

I've answered that question at least twice. Go find the answer.