piisfish

massive shooting at Batman projection...

I keep hearing people comparing this situation to a 7/11 or Internet cafe hold up and I just have to shake my head and wonder what's going on in their heads.

The dark and smoke were different and background noise make it substantially different, but that's not to say a CCW holder can't stop any well armed person sporting 3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket. Remember the New Life Church shooting? Come to think of it, that was also in Colorado, as was Columbine...maybe the water that Coor's like to brag about has a dark side.

Blues,
Dave

I gotta say the thought of something "special" about Colorado has also crossed my mind.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I keep hearing people comparing this situation to a 7/11 or Internet cafe hold up and I just have to shake my head and wonder what's going on in their heads.

The dark and smoke were different and background noise make it substantially different, but that's not to say a CCW holder can't stop any well armed person sporting 3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket. Remember the New Life Church shooting? Come to think of it, that was also in Colorado, as was Columbine...maybe the water that Coor's like to brag about has a dark side.

Blues,
Dave

I gotta say the thought of something "special" about Colorado has also crossed my mind.

Hypoxia?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Blues,
Dave

Hypoxia?

It's a very liberal state - I'm just sayin'

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

and some of those avenues would be?????

Ok, semi-serious here. There have been massive advances in brainwave decoding in the last few years. I wonder if there could ever be a gun lock devised that could somehow detect the user's state of mind?

Ok, clearly that's Scifi for now...and the NRA would clearly be against it even if it were somehow 100 percent foolproof...

However, what about some type of self screening made available like blood pressure checks at pharmacies where a person could go in and periodically check themselves? I'm not saying it would directly prevent anything, but maybe if there was some tool developed for self diagnosis people literally try to get a grip on themselves before it goes too far.
quade -

Ok, semi-serious here. There have been massive advances in brainwave decoding in the last few years. I wonder if there could ever be a gun lock devised that could somehow detect the user's state of mind?

Ok, clearly that's Scifi for now...and the NRA would clearly be against it even if it were somehow 100 percent foolproof...

The NRA (and any gun owners) might take this sort of technology more seriously if every proposal ever made didn't exempt LEOs from having to rely on it.

When you are willing to trust your life to your AAD 100%, let's talk further. Relying on a battery in a single point of failure is a stupid life plan, only suitable for target shooters.

And no, the technology for predicting bad behavior doesn't exist anyway, so it's mindless speculation. If we could do this, we would screen everyone on the street and direct the ill towards treatment. The gun isn't the only way the ill can cause harm. We'd also save tens of thousands from suicide.

Good job all those CCW holders were around to prevent this.

They were probably the first one's hitting the exits.

A buddy is an Aurora PD Officer, the theater is a gun free zone as I understand it.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

A buddy is an Aurora PD Officer, the theater is a gun free zone as I understand it.
Matt

Realistically, how many people do you think that stops from bringing their weapons in anyway, even if only accidentally, I'd imagine there'd still be one or two.
quade -

Matt

Thanks
That is what I have been looking for

So, why didnt the gunman lay down his weapon before going in? If it is a gun free zone there would have been a sign!

Had he followed the rules no one would have been hurt

It also seems that those following the business policy were then made easy targets for he who did not follow the rules

How surprising is that?

Matt, just a general post using yours to reply too
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Matt

Realistically, how many people do you think that stops from bringing their weapons in anyway, even if only accidentally, I'd imagine there'd still be one or two.

More than you would think

I deal with that here too

And people who carry do not do so accidentally
Abraham Lincoln

And we can safely put Rush into the Walter Mitty category of people who think he'd be able to do something about this particular situation.

Nope, never said that

But you seem to be running along with all your assumptions

Or are exempt?
Abraham Lincoln

Matt

Certainly they do. Every few month we hear about somebody who has forgotten he was carrying and gets stopped by the TSA at an airport. An AIRPORT. So, yes, people do carry accidentally.
quade -

Matt

Certainly they do. Every few month we hear about somebody who has forgotten he was carrying and gets stopped by the TSA at an airport. An AIRPORT. So, yes, people do carry accidentally.

Havent heard of any carrying (not saying this has not happened)

I have heard of them having them in suit cases
Abraham Lincoln