piisfish

massive shooting at Batman projection...

Good job all those CCW holders were around to prevent this.

They were probably the first one's hitting the exits.

you're stating they are the most prepared and ready to respond correctly to a dangerous situation? I suspect that's right in many ways

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

OK, I'm in.

We have too many nuts on the planet that snap into a violent outbreak of some sort. Many of those in various countries choose firearms during their snap.

How do we identify the loonies and protect ourselves from them? Lock everyone up until we successfully pass a Rorschach test?

OK, I'm in.

We have too many nuts on the planet that snap into a violent outbreak of some sort. Many of those in various countries choose firearms during their snap.

How do we identify the loonies and protect ourselves from them? Lock everyone up until we successfully pass a Rorschach test?

that's a start - but, while we have them locked up and have access, we just as well assess (and maybe make a couple adjustments) their political leanings, confiscate their income and property, and just make sure they fly right and think appropriate thoughts

for the children

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Evil or bad exists in the world no matter what you do. It's not hard to build a homemade bomb. No guns just do that. Guns are not the problem... people are the problem and there is not much we can do about that. Things like this have happened since the dawn of time even before guns came around.

So basically no discussion regarding strategies to reduce these types of occurences can be had?

They are just a fact of life, nothing can be done, move along, nothing to see here.

OK, I'm in.

There now saying he was a medical student who dropped out. I suppose if a college full of very bright students and MD's can't see his mental condition, no one can.

Good job all those CCW holders were around to prevent this.

They were probably the first one's hitting the exits.

Maybe is was a business that does not allow guns?

If so, the shooter should have paid attention to the sign and no one would have been killed
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Evil or bad exists in the world no matter what you do. It's not hard to build a homemade bomb. No guns just do that. Guns are not the problem... people are the problem and there is not much we can do about that. Things like this have happened since the dawn of time even before guns came around.

So basically no discussion regarding strategies to reduce these types of occurences can be had?

They are just a fact of life, nothing can be done, move along, nothing to see here.

Your comment is just a dishonest attmept to divert the conversation

I am open to solutions

I dont have one

Do you?
Abraham Lincoln

>How do we stop drunk drivers from killing people

By requiring driver's licenses (and revoking them after drunk driving incidents) having strict drunk driving laws, enforcing them through random stops etc. And it's worked - drunk driving deaths are down significantly over the last 20 years.

>How do we stop skydivers from doing HP landing and killing themselves?

Through restricting where they can do them. And when they DO do them, have rules on how to do them. In some cases, banning them from skydiving centers and events altogether.

Yet whenever anyone discusses any of the above the right wingers scream "EVIL! GUN-O-PHOBE! FASCISM!"

So, I can put you on record as saying there is a problem with nuts having access to guns?

I dont like killers like this nut being able to kill people

So I am in too, what is a solution?
Abraham Lincoln

Please can someone define "NUT".
We jump out of airplanes for example and to some/most non jumpers thats "NUTS".
People do the strangest of things under duress things which more often than not can be described as 'NUTS".
Hanging yourself after a breakup of a relationship for example "NUTS".
I"ve made my position clear on the "gun in civilian hands argument before" shouted down with googled stats quoting that the UK have high/er firemans offences than most.
Chery picking i.e. not stating that if you point a table leg at someone in the UK proporting to be armed the offence we be recorded as a firearms offence even tho no "real" firearm was present. Same goes for waterpistols and pellet guns.
Is there anyone in the US who will agree that tighter gun controls across the board may go some way in preventing these types of tragedies where present Legistration is clearly failing.

Rant over i'm done here.
.CHOP WOOD COLLECT WATER.

Maybe is was a business that does not allow guns?

If so, the shooter should have paid attention to the sign and no one would have been killed

ok, on the sarcasm meter, that was just funny. I don't care if you are pro or anti gun and private property ownership. You have to admit, that's just funny.

>How do we stop drunk drivers from killing people

By requiring driver's licenses (and revoking them after drunk driving incidents) having strict drunk driving laws, enforcing them through random stops etc. And it's worked - drunk driving deaths are down significantly over the last 20 years.again, eliminate vs reduce. I am all in with this but the problem did not go away. People wtihout a license or insurance still drive drunk and kill eveyday

>How do we stop skydivers from doing HP landing and killing themselves?

Through restricting where they can do them. And when they DO do them, have rules on how to do them. In some cases, banning them from skydiving centers and events altogether.Well good, I expect to see no more incidents here. No one else will die under a HP canopy trying a high speed landing then

Yet whenever anyone discusses any of the above the right wingers scream "EVIL! GUN-O-PHOBE! FASCISM!"

Again, another dishonset diversion

Havent seen it here until you posted

Again and again and again, I am open to the total solution someone some where thinks they have

I am waiting to hear it
Abraham Lincoln

>again, eliminate vs reduce. I am all in with this but the problem did not go away.
>People wtihout a license or insurance still drive drunk and kill eveyday

Agreed. It did help, but did not completely solve the problem.

>Well good, I expect to see no more incidents here. No one else will die under
>a HP canopy trying a high speed landing then

At DZ's where they are in fact banned - yes, no one has died doing a high speed landing. At other DZ's all you can do is reduce the odds.

At DZ's where they are in fact banned - yes, no one has died doing a high speed landing. At other DZ's all you can do is reduce the odds.

I am all for reducing the odds

I find it interesting the words used in your post where the chances were eliminiated
Abraham Lincoln

I do not think we do nothing... there are laws, punishments, etc. Also, this is a great reason why we should have the right to bear arms. I think even you have stated that you see no reason to carry a gun. Well here is your reason... nut jobs exist. (period) I choose to protect myself and my family by having a firearm on me. So I am doing something more about things like this. You seem to think that guns are the problem.. you are incorrect. Guns are not the problem anymore than spoons are the problem when it comes to obesity.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

So, I can put you on record as saying there is a problem with nuts having access to guns?

Mentally unstable people should not have guns. Now we can argue about what mentally unstable is and how we prevent them from getting guns without trampling on the rights of law abiding gun owners.

I'll be expecting an answer instead of another question.

It seems one of the main questions to be asked is why is it that the US, for the most part, is the only country where people just commit mass killings just for sport, no other reason. It seems that the majority of mass shootings (or mass murders) in other countries are done ostensibly under the name of religion or politics.

Why are we so different?

Your comment is just a dishonest attmept to divert the conversation

I am open to solutions

I dont have one

Do you?

To get to a solution, we have to first define what the problem is.

We will unfortunately never get to a concensus on that.

I believe that the ready and easy availability of guns plays a role in the occurence rate of these types of pre-meditated incidents.

I do not believe that there is a linear relationship between the gun as a weapon and other weapons. IE, that in the absence of guns, the same amount of pre-meditated mass murders will take place with other weapons.

Simply, I don't believe in the subsitution of weapon argument.

I also believe there is a significant societal side to this as well. The US does appear to be that much more violent than many other western societies.

You seem to think that guns are the problem.. you are incorrect. Guns are not the problem anymore than spoons are the problem when it comes to obesity.

I don't think guns are the problem. I think guns play a role in the problem.

The size of plates and portions in restaurants are not the problem when it comes ot obesity, but it does play a role.

You seem to think that guns are the problem.. you are incorrect. Guns are not the problem anymore than spoons are the problem when it comes to obesity.

I don't think guns are the problem. I think guns play a role in the problem.

The size of plates and portions in restaurants are not the problem when it comes ot obesity, but it does play a role.

You cannot legislate or control your way to this not happening. This will always happen as it always has. There will always be fat people like there always has. You cannot find a solution because there isn't one. as long as man has free will and he always will these things will happen. So make it a crime (check), punish that crime (check), and allow law abiding citizens to protect themselves if they choose (check).
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

You cannot legislate or control your way to this not happening. This will always happen as it always has. There will always be fat people like there always has. You cannot find a solution because there isn't one. as long as man has free will and he always will these things will happen. So make it a crime (check), punish that crime (check), and allow law abiding citizens to protect themselves if they choose (check).

I don't agree with that statement. Smoking prevelance is an example that societal behaviour can be changed over time.

People still smoke, but numbers are certainly way down over the last 40 years.

It took a combination of regulation and education, yet keeping cigarettes legal for those who wanted to enjoy them.