airdvr

Just another tax and spend Dem :/

Morning Bell: Obama’s Tax Hike on Job Creators According to the Treasury study, 4.3 million of these small businesses employed workers in 2007 (the most recent year for which data are available). The Treasury report shows that 1.2 million, or 28 percent, of them earned more than $200,000—the income threshold over which President Obama’s tax increase would apply. More importantly for job creation, those 28 percent of businesses earned almost all—91 percent—of the income earned by flow-through employer-businesses. http://blog.heritage.org/2012/07/10/morning-bell-obamas-tax-hike-on-job-creators/
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Morning Bell: Obama’s Tax Hike on Job Creators According to the Treasury study, 4.3 million of these small businesses employed workers in 2007 (the most recent year for which data are available). The Treasury report shows that 1.2 million, or 28 percent, of them earned more than $200,000—the income threshold over which President Obama’s tax increase would apply. More importantly for job creation, those 28 percent of businesses earned almost all—91 percent—of the income earned by flow-through employer-businesses. http://blog.heritage.org/2012/07/10/morning-bell-obamas-tax-hike-on-job-creators/

As opposed to a borrow and spend Republican.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

BFD, how MUCH over $200k did they earn? How many single business owners earned over $200k, vs. married earning over $250k? It will be a lot less than 28 percent.

Of course those 28 percent earned almost all (91%) of income, just like the top 10% (or 5% or 1%) of tax payers get a huge slice of the total income.

Of course, your quoted web site was in favor of the mandate a while back, when it was a Republican idea.

Of course those 28 percent earned almost all (91%) of income, just like the top 10% (or 5% or 1%) of tax payers get a huge slice of the total income.

Interesting stats...where are they from?

According to the IRS tax stats (2009), the 200k+ filers (roughly the top 3%) earned 26% of the total income, and paid 50% of the total income taxes.

500k+ filers are 0.5% of filers, earn 14% of the total income and pay 30% of the total income taxes.

The dreadful evil millionaires are 0.16% of filers, earn 9.5% of the total income and pay 20.5% of the total income taxes.

So...how much *MORE* of the burden to you think they should carry?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

According to the IRS tax stats (2009), the 200k+ filers (roughly the top 3%) earned 26% of the total income, and paid 50% of the total income taxes.

500k+ filers are 0.5% of filers, earn 14% of the total income and pay 30% of the total income taxes.

The dreadful evil millionaires are 0.16% of filers, earn 9.5% of the total income and pay 20.5% of the total income taxes.

Enough that their overall tax rate is not less than that of their administrative assistants. Investment income should be taxed like any other income, not at some special favored rate for the rich.

Enough that their overall tax rate is not less than that of their administrative assistants. Investment income should be taxed like any other income, not at some special favored rate for the rich.

It's not - anyone that invests gets that rate, not just the rich.

Class envy is *so* petty.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

it's still stupid - income is income, taxing different buckets at different rates is just social engineering - which the gov should stay out of

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

it's still stupid - income is income, taxing different buckets at different rates is just social engineering - which the gov should stay out of

+1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aufAtuTwKlE
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Claiming that "the rich" get a special rate is social engineering as well.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

+1

then of course you agree that having a progressive rate structure is also unnecessary social engineering

as is mortgage deductions

and subsidies for solar panels

and subsidies to banks and industries to keep them alive

and cars for cash efforts

etc
etc
etc

I don't like all of these - I think it's unnecessary

I don't like the lefty philosophy, because they want to play favorites all the time and meddle with who gets which bennies

I don't like the 'typical' righties, because they claim to want my philosophy, but then they cry if they think they'll lose their precious special rates and deductions

(it would be easier if we wiped the slate clean and just establish a single set of rules)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

+1

then of course you agree that having a progressive rate structure is also unnecessary social engineering

as is mortgage deductions

and subsidies for solar panels

and subsidies to banks and industries to keep them alive

and cars for cash efforts

etc
etc
etc

I don't like all of these - I think it's unnecessary

I don't like the lefty philosophy, because they want to play favorites all the time and meddle with who gets which bennies

I don't like the 'typical' righties, because they claim to want my philosophy, but then they cry if they think they'll lose their precious special rates and deductions

(it would be easier if we wiped the slate clean and just establish a single set of rules)

I think you are saying flat tax... are you? If so I agree. Get rid of the deductions and make everyone pay their "fair" share!
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

Claiming that "the rich" get a special rate is social engineering as well.

no, it's just marketing

your statement doesn't even make any sense, Mike - the rich get to take advantage of the special rates much more than those with no investment income - it's pretty clear it's a boon to a certain income class

I don't like it any better than welfare for other income classes - government shouldn't be trying to pick winners and losers

I think you are saying flat tax... are you? If so I agree. Get rid of the deductions and make everyone pay their "fair" share!

yes - get rid of all deductions, all incentives, every single little 'special gift' that the politicians 'gave' to the people to buy their votes - (that goes for multi-millionaires CEOs, welfare moms, and the middle class) - then tax at one rate for all sources of income (richer people pay more dollars - so it's still progressive in amount - but equal in proportion (proportion is also considered a share))

A uniform $$ amount (everyone pays the same amount rather than the same percentage) is also fair - but I don't think it's doable or practical

of course, "fair" is subjective to the max - that's just my definition

what's 'fair' about someone with low income paying nothing?
what's 'fair' about the uber rich getting special deductions that only they can leverage and paying nothing?
what's 'fair' about a home owner paying less than a non-home owner?
etc
etc
etc

yes - get rid of all deductions, all incentives, every single little 'special gift' that the politicians 'gave' to the people to buy their votes - (that goes for multi-millionaires CEOs, welfare moms, and the middle class) - then tax at one rate for all sources of income (richer people pay more dollars - so it's still progressive in amount - but equal in proportion (proportion is also considered a share))

A uniform $$ amount (everyone pays the same amount rather than the same percentage) is also fair - but I don't think it's doable or practical

what's 'fair' about the uber rich getting special deductions that only they can leverage and paying nothing?
etc
etc
etc

Agree 100%

no, it's just marketing

your statement doesn't even make any sense, Mike - the rich get to take advantage of the special rates much more than those with no investment income - it's pretty clear it's a boon to a certain income class

If you hold less than a year, you pay your normal income tax on the profit. If you hold more than one year, you pay either 0% (10/15% tax brackets) or 15% (all other brackets) on the profit.

ANYBODY that invests gets those same rates, whether they're Joe Sixpack or George Soros. There's no "special rates" just for the rich.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

etc
etc
etc

Let's get rid of deductions for dependents while we are at it, and eliminate the marriage penalty (a pet peeve of mine). Are we going to roll in Social Security, or eliminate the cap? Otherwise, the poor are paying higher % taxes than the rich, just as the middle class are now.

Why should job doers get taxed at a higher rate than job creators?

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/jul/10/cbo-rich-pay-outsized-share-taxes/

So let's just say Barry gets the tax rates he wants. It would generate roughly 85 billion annually. Enough to run the government for 8 1/2 days. This is shooting bee bees at a tank.

Meanwhile, while we go back and forth over taxes 3.1 million people have gone on disability since June of 2009. In June of this year alone 80,000 jobs were created, but 85,000 went on disability.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

ANYBODY that invests gets those same rates, whether they're Joe Sixpack or George Soros. There's no "special rates" just for the rich.

you're purposely ignoring who has the ability to use investment income and who doesn't - you know that, don't be obtuse to the actual point of the statement

If we gave a special deduction for investments over $2,000,000 you could make the same argument

admit it - you are a social liberal that wants to socially engineer a special spending and investment behavior rather than just let the market run freely - :ph34r:

Let's get rid of deductions for dependents while we are at it, and eliminate the marriage penalty (a pet peeve of mine). Are we going to roll in Social Security, or eliminate the cap? Otherwise, the poor are paying higher % taxes than the rich, just as the middle class are now.

yes, yes and yes

--- why does the government have different rules for being married? two individuals should file for themselves, it's not the government's business who is partnering or not - not in terms of revenue collection
--- why does the government also have to meddle in retirement income in the first place?

So would you favor either a true flat tax on income, or a flat tax with some zero bracket (say 10k per earner)?

Why should ANY income be exempt? Else it just becomes a game of where to set the amount such that enough people get by free to buy each election. Why stop at $10K? how about $45K? does that get 51% of the vote? How about $200K? I know a few here that would like that just fine too.

Everybody pays starting at dollar number 1. The personal exemption is just as flawed as the child deduction and all those other things.