New Mexico - 7.7% to 6.7% = a decline of [1.0 percentage points (13 percent)]

Oklahoma - 6.2% to 4.8% = a decline of [1.4 percentage points - (22.6 percent)]

Pennsylvania - 8.0% to 7.4% = a decline of [.6 percentage points (7.5 percent)]

Tennessee - 9.5% to 7.9% = a decline of [1.6 percentage points (16.8 percent)]

Wisconsin - 7.7% to 6.8% = a decline of [0.9 percentage points (11.9 percent)]

Wyoming - 6.3% to 5.2% = a decline of [1.1 percentage points (17.5 percent)]

Alabama - 9.3% to 7.4% = a decline of [1.9 percentage points (20.4 percent)]

Georgia - 10.1% to 8.9% = a decline of [1.2 percentage points (11.9 percent)]

South Carolina - 10.6% to 9.1% = a decline of [1.5 percentage points (14.2 percent)]

South Dakota - 5.0% to 4.3% = a decline of [0.7 percentage points (14 percent)]

Florida - 10.9% to 8.6% = a decline of [2.3 percentage points (21 percent)]

Nevada - 13.8% to 11.6% = a decline of [2.2 percentage points (15.9 percent)]

Iowa - 6.1% to 5.1% = a decline of [1.0 percentage points (16.4 percent)]

Ohio - 9.0% to 7.3% = a decline of [1.7 percentage points (18.9 percent)]

Some states with Dem govs showed improvment too. But not as much

Colorado - 8.8% to 8.1% = a decline of 0.7%

New York - 8.2% to 8.6% = an increase of 0.4%

Oregon - 9.9% to 8.4% = a decline of 1.5%

California - 12.1% to 10.8% = a decline of 1.3%

Connecticut - 9.3% to 7.8% = a decline of 1.5%

Hawaii - 6.7% to 6.3% = a decline of 0.4%

Minnesota - 6.8% to 5.6% = a decline of 1.2%

Vermont - 6.0% to 4.6% = a decline of 1.4%

The average drop in the unemployment rate in these states was 0.95%, approximately the same as the drop seen nationally. It's interesting to note than one of these states (New York) has actually experienced an increase in its unemployment rate since January 2011.

Based on this data, it appears that the policies being implemented at the state level by newly elected Republican governors are having a positive impact in terms of job creation.

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-republican-governors-rapidly-bringing-down-unemployment-their-states
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Kansas - 6.9% to 6.1% = a decline of 0.8 [percentage points (11.6 percent)]

Maine - 8.0% to 7.4% = a decline of 0.6 [percentage points (7.5 percent)]

Michigan - 10.9% to 8.5% = a decline of [2.4 percentage points (22 percent)]

South Carolina - 10.6% to 9.1% = a decline of [1.5 percentage points (14.2 percent)]

The average drop in the unemployment rate in these states was 0.95%, approximately the same as the drop seen nationally. It's interesting to note than one of these states (New York) has actually experienced an increase in its unemployment rate since January 2011.

Based on this data, it appears that the policies being implemented at the state level by newly elected Republican governors are having a positive impact in terms of job creation.

http://www.examiner.com/article/new-republican-governors-rapidly-bringing-down-unemployment-their-states

This sounds like a good campaign advertisement for Obama. His recovery plans must be working, huh?
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I got that...I just thought it ironic that when unemployment goes up, the people on the other side of the isle from the president are more than happy to blame him. When it goes down, they credit anything other than the president. It's politics..it .happens with both parties.
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."

...it appears that ...

I'm sure it appears that way to you and the Examiner, but it's pretty hard to nail down exactly what effects various policies may have had. There are simply too many variables to say that it was the Republican Governor's that caused the improvements.

- Dan G

Kansas - 6.9% to 6.1% = a decline of 0.8 [percentage points (11.6 percent)]

Maine - 8.0% to 7.4% = a decline of 0.6 [percentage points (7.5 percent)]

Michigan - 10.9% to 8.5% = a decline of [2.4 percentage points (22 percent)]

This sounds like a good campaign advertisement for Obama. His recovery plans must be working, huh?

The Joint Economic Committee (JEC), spearheaded by Texas congressman Kevin Brady, put out a report saying that the Obama recovery now ranks dead last in modern times. That’s a real milestone in the post-WWII era. It’s ten out of ten for both jobs and economic growth. According to the Bureau of Economic Analysis, real GDP has expanded only 6.7 percent over the eleven-quarter recovery since the recession ended. The Reagan recovery at the same stage had increased by 17.6 percent. The Clinton recovery by 8.7 percent.

http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/304935/obama-s-goose-cooked-larry-kudlow

It is obvious that what he is doing is not working. What the GOP Gov. are doing is!
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

The Joint Economic Committee (JEC), spearheaded by Texas congressman Kevin Brady, put out a report saying that the Obama recovery now ranks dead last in modern times.

It is obvious that what he is doing is not working. What the GOP Gov. are doing is!

Well, a weak recovery sure beats the worst recession in modern times brought to us by the GOP and its front man GWB. So let's think back 4 years to what the GOP did.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Well, if it's obvious then...OK.

look... I know there are a lot of factors. If you want to call it coincidence to satisfy your world view I am fine with that. You cannot deny the facts though. All of the states with GOP gov. are recovering faster. If you want to say it is bc of Barry.... all good. There is no use in arguing bc it will get us nowhere. I will never understand how a person can say what Obama has done is good for the economy. I am a conservative and had no problem giving props to Clinton for what he accomplished or agreeing with libs at times when I thought Bush was screwing up and spending too much. Why is it so hard to admit that the economy is still in the crapper and is stalled? He may not be making it worse but he sure isn't making it better. The spin on the latest round of job reports was laughable. For Barry to get up there and actually try to put a positive spin to those horrible numbers is a complete joke. I give credit where it is due and that goes for Dem's in office too but I cannot think of a single positive thing Obama has done. He is over his head and does not know what he is doing. Hillary would have been a far better POTUS than Barry is. Vent over
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

The Joint Economic Committee (JEC), spearheaded by Texas congressman Kevin Brady, put out a report saying that the Obama recovery now ranks dead last in modern times.

Well, a weak recovery sure beats the worst recession in modern times brought to us by the GOP and its front man GWB. So let's think back 4 years to what the GOP did.

Here we go... blame Bush bc the left has no real solutions and are sucking it up right now. Your statement an opinion just like everyone else's political thoughts. The housing market started all of this... follow the money and you will find many Dems had their pockets lined by the housing business and how mortgages were being pushed. A few from the right warned against those practices as well as a few from the left but it was the left that said, "no everything is fine". Thanks Barney!

Here we go... blame Bush bc the left has no real solutions and are sucking it up right now. Your statement an opinion just like everyone else's political thoughts. The housing market started all of this... follow the money and you will find many Dems had their pockets lined by the housing business and how mortgages were being pushed. A few from the right warned against those practices as well as a few from the left but it was the left that said, "no everything is fine". Thanks Barney!

If you blame Obama for the weak recovery (which you did) then you have to blame Bush for the recession.

I notice the value of my retirement account decreased some 20% during Bush's tenure, and has increased some 75% during Obama's.

look... I know there are a lot of factors. If you want to call it coincidence to satisfy your world view I am fine with that. You cannot deny the facts though. All of the states with GOP gov. are recovering faster. If you want to say it is bc of Barry.... all good. There is no use in arguing bc it will get us nowhere. I will never understand how a person can say what Obama has done is good for the economy. I am a conservative and had no problem giving props to Clinton for what he accomplished or agreeing with libs at times when I thought Bush was screwing up and spending too much. Why is it so hard to admit that the economy is still in the crapper and is stalled? He may not be making it worse but he sure isn't making it better. The spin on the latest round of job reports was laughable. For Barry to get up there and actually try to put a positive spin to those horrible numbers is a complete joke. I give credit where it is due and that goes for Dem's in office too but I cannot think of a single positive thing Obama has done. He is over his head and does not know what he is doing. Hillary would have been a far better POTUS than Barry is. Vent over

Not "satisfying my world view"...I don't care much about politics. I'm just making an observation about the political spin that I find ironic, If this is important to you, cool...knock yourself out.

Not "satisfying my world view"...I don't care much about politics. I'm just making an observation about the political spin that I find ironic, If this is important to you, cool...knock yourself out.

What is important to me are my businesses. I do not give a damn about social views etc. I think the govt. should stay out of everyone's business personally but I only vote based on the economy and our economy is small businesses which Obama is killing.

If you blame Obama for the weak recovery (which you did) then you have to blame Bush for the recession.

I notice the value of my retirement account decreased some 20% during Bush's tenure, and has increased some 75% during Obama's.

No I don't but he had a hand in it by not stopping things I believe he could have. He also spent too much money!

That's great for you but that is not the only thing that matters. Not everyone has had the same results and many business owners have lost more since Obama has been in charge.

That's great for you but that is not the only thing that matters. Not everyone has had the same results and many business owners have lost more since Obama has been in charge.

Must be why the Russell 2000 and Microcap have dropped so much since Obama came to office.:P

Russell 2000, 1st day Bush term: 490
Russell 2000, last day Bush term: 433
Russell 2000, today: 805

Must be why the Russell 2000 and Microcap have dropped so much since Obama came to office.:P

That has little to do with him and more to do with the ability for businesses to survive only to get yelled at for hoarding cash and laying off employees to do so.

That has little to do with him and more to do with the ability for businesses to survive only to get yelled at for hoarding cash and laying off employees to do so.

I see - anything good in the economy is nothing to do with Obama. The recession had nothing to do with Bush, but the slow recovery is Obama's fault.
Got it.

>You cannot deny the facts though.

Agreed. The economy is recovering under Obama. Period.

Slower than any OTHER recovery since the Great Depression.

But recovery sure beats the largest RECESSION since the 1930s.

>You cannot deny the facts though.

Agreed. The economy is STAGNATING under Obama. Period.

Fixed it for you