rushmc

Unemployment Rate Dropped In Every State That Elected A Republican Gov. In 2010

That's great for you but that is not the only thing that matters. Not everyone has had the same results and many business owners have lost more since Obama has been in charge.

Must be why the Russell 2000 and Microcap have dropped so much since Obama came to office.:P

Russell 2000, 1st day Bush term: 490
Russell 2000, last day Bush term: 433
Russell 2000, today: 805

That has little to do with him and more to do with the ability for businesses to survive only to get yelled at for hoarding cash and laying off employees to do so.

I see - anything good in the economy is nothing to do with Obama. The recession had nothing to do with Bush, but the slow recovery is Obama's fault.
Got it.

If he would stay out of everything it would run a lot better. His policies = more intrusion, more spending, devaluing of the dollar, higher taxes, and weakness militarily. You love him... great... I think he is the worst or one of the worst POTUS that we have ever had. The GOP would have lost the last election regardless.... it's too bad the lib's got so jacked up on "hope & change" BS and failed to realize this guy does not have a clue. They should have had Hilary as their nominee.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

You know republicans are getting desperate when they feel compelled to respond to any statement about the economic recovery with "but . . ."

Nope - just pointing out the miserable FAILURE of Team Obama.

Nice attempt to deflect, though.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>>Agreed. The economy is STAGNATING under Obama. Period.

>Fixed it for you

I guess you feel like you CAN deny the facts. Good for you for your flexibility!

The fact is the economy is in stagnation NOT recovery and we are teetering on recession again. Good for you and not recognizing what facts are.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

You know republicans are getting desperate when they feel compelled to respond to any statement about the economic recovery with "but . . ."

We are not desperate. Obama is.... you can see it by how he is "trying" to raise money and the class warfare he is waging. He has nothing to run on.... nothing!

http://thehill.com/polls/236627-hill-poll-majority-feel-obama-has-changed-country-for-worse

more intrusion, more spending, devaluing of the dollar, higher taxes, and weakness militarily

Can you be specific? Which policies are doing each of these things? If it's too much to ask you to explain everything, I'd especially like to hear about the higher taxes and weaker military.

- Dan G

>We are not desperate. Obama is....

Yep. He's so desperate that he's ahead in the polls.

:ph34r:
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

??? I do not know what polls you are looking at but it is Romney with the lead in the polls. If that was true I am still not worried.... Wasn't it Carter who had a big lead on Reagan around this time..... how did that turn out again?

??? I do not know what polls you are looking at but it is Romney with the lead in the polls. If that was true I am still not worried.... Wasn't it Carter who had a big lead on Reagan around this time..... how did that turn out again?

www.realclearpolitics.com/?state=nwa
www.gallup.com/poll/election.aspx

OF course, the billionaires' vote buying power hasn't entered into it yet.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I notice the value of my retirement account decreased some 20% during Bush's tenure, and has increased some 75% during Obama's.

You profited from evil corporations and the bailouts and tax breaks they got? :o
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Your posting lists 17 states that elected a republican governor in 2010 yet I count 24 states that voted for a republican.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_gubernatorial_elections,_2010

Is your title wrong or the article you quoted not accurate?
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

Your posting lists 17 states that elected a republican governor in 2010 yet I count 24 states that voted for a republican.

I think you're adding the 'gain' and 'hold' together.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

you expected this article to stand up to any statistical analysis? The fact that it has to acknowledge that 6 f the 7 Democratic states also improved but has to qualify it with "but not as much" already strongly suggests that this is another case of math for dummies. Or in other words, a perfect article for the Examiner.

Russell 2000, 1st day Bush term: 490
Russell 2000, last day Bush term: 433
Russell 2000, today: 805

Does this account for survivor bias? A lot of the companies in the Russell 2000 of 2001 probably don't exist today. Not sure how much that might slant the results.

you expected this article to stand up to any statistical analysis? The fact that it has to acknowledge that 6 f the 7 Democratic states also improved but has to qualify it with "but not as much" already strongly suggests that this is another case of math for dummies. Or in other words, a perfect article for the Examiner.

It acknowledged that both sides improved, but the Rep side improved more - seems like a fair treatment and not the ideological hit piece you try to show it as.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It acknowledged that both sides improved, but the Rep side improved more - seems like a fair treatment and not the ideological hit piece you try to show it as.

like i said, math for dummies.

Ignoring all the states that reelected their governors, more than half of the difference between the GOP and Dems is the NY result. And then is of course the obvious question - what can the governor do in year 1 to impact the results....he or she can't do the federal trick (popularized by Reagan) of deficit spending into temporary prosperity.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/ winning or tied....

Obama lead (average) +1.5

www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The thread title says "every state that elected a republican Gov". The R's won 24 governorships in 2010.

If we're to use just the "gains", the R's netted 6 governorships in 2010. I'll have to look again but I think R gained 9 new governors but lost 3 in other states for a net gain of 6.

That doesn't add up to 17 either. I think it's safe to say the title for this thread is obviously wrong ( or at best misleading). Now it's a question of whether the article is wrong or misleading as well.
I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. I promise not to TP Davis under canopy.. eat sushi, get smoochieTTK#1

The thread title says "every state that elected a republican Gov". The R's won 24 governorships in 2010.

If we're to use just the "gains", the R's netted 6 governorships in 2010. I'll have to look again but I think R gained 9 new governors but lost 3 in other states for a net gain of 6.

And the lead sentence of the linked article says "Voters in 17 states elected new Republican governors", as well as being titled "New Republican governors . . ." - maybe you should have actually read it?

That doesn't add up to 17 either. I think it's safe to say the title for this thread is obviously wrong ( or at best misleading). Now it's a question of whether the article is wrong or misleading as well.

Can you hold these clothes while you do that? They're not *quite* dry, yet.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Obama lead (average) +1.5

www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/us/general_election_romney_vs_obama-1171.html

That's an average going back to 6/24... the most recent have Romney winning or tied. In July against and incumbent spending way more... I like what I am seeing. Even with that average.... it is within the margin of error. Things are looking good. Wait until Romney actually starts spending his campaigns money.... and he has a lot more than Barry. B|

which leads me back to my original question,

"Which is wrong, the thread title or the article?"

MAybe YOU should have read it..

which leads me back to my original question,

"Which is wrong, the thread title or the article?"

MAybe YOU should have read it..

Since I was able to correct YOUR mistakes, it seems obvious that I did, in fact, read the actual article...except evidently in YOUR reality.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

twist and turn it however you please to make it look like you're right and everyone else is wrong.

Since you read the article, feel free to correct the OP as well.