Skyrad

Should UAVs be used to kill Mexican Narco Terrorists?

Well you don't have to go all-out and legalize everything under the sun at once. Cannabis alone, which is far less harmful then alcohol, accounts to roughly 50% of Mexican drug cartel profits:

You will have to convince the majority voter on this. There is a difference between physical dangers of alcohol and the social and mental harm that is usually associated with pot usage.

Yet for some fucked up reason US thinks its a good idea to send pot user to jail to get ass raped.

It is a good idea. It's against the Law. Sorry, but that's the truth. You can blame ingorance of the general populace if you want, but if you are willing to break the rules, you have to pay. Rebelling is the lazy and inmature way to affect change though. If you don't like the law, you have to change it. Or, you are a very stupid type of criminal who goes to jail for something that silly as possession.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

Yeah, it's just all about getting their daily fix. Is skydiving or playing football self-centered behavior that should be banned?

People generally accept personal physical risk way over psychological and social damage of themselves or people around them.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

You're been in the sport a while. Can you really say that skydiving, when it goes bad, doesn't involve psychological and social damage to the community? I'll admit, drug use is generally worse than skydiving, but I've known a lot more people fucked up due to skydiving than due to drugs.

My point is, if the only bad thing you can say about drugs is that using them has no value to society and causes harm to the individual and his family, then where do you draw the line?

- Dan G

Yeah, it's just all about getting their daily fix. Is skydiving or playing football self-centered behavior that should be banned?

In thinking aabout it, the difference I see is that the activities you mention have long been accepted and are legal.

Chuck

Let me ask this, not just of you but anyone who cares to respond to this.
Point-out to me, one truly good thing about coke, weed, speed, 'horse', any of it. Just one redeeming point.

Weed has been shown to lower blood sugar in diabetics.
Weed has been shown to help with chronic pain.
Weed has been shown to help glaucoma.

There are PLENTY of medical uses for 'speed'.

But even larger than that.... An individual should be allowed to do pretty much whatever they please as long as they do not hurt another individual.

A person wants to smoke pot and is not hurting anyone? Great!
A person wants to carry a gun and is not using it but for lawful SD? Great!
A person wants to sleep with a person of the same sex willingly? None of anyone else's business.

So if a person wants to drink and is not hurting anyone, or wants to snort coke and is not hurting anyone, or wants to carry a gun and is not hurting anyone.... They should be allowed.

They lose the right to do as they please when their actions affect others. On welfare? Well you are taking tax money. Stealing to pay for your habit? Well, you are a criminal for theft.

There is a difference between physical dangers of alcohol and the social and mental harm that is usually associated with pot usage.

Alcohol causes social and mental harm on a very large scale in Western society. Yes, pot isn't innocent, and like alcohol it's seems to be especially destructive to the developing teen brain, but it's rather clear which one of the two is worst in all three aspects you mention.

I just base my thinking on what I have seen in my lifetime. I've lost friends over the years to dope who used it in moderation till that one time they got carried away...literally. They were just recreational users. Yeah, I guess I am very negative about dope.

Chuck

But even larger than that.... An individual should be allowed to do pretty much whatever they please as long as they do not hurt another individual.

A person wants to sleep with a person of the same sex willingly? None of anyone else's business.

So if a person wants to drink and is not hurting anyone, or wants to snort coke and is not hurting anyone, or wants to carry a gun and is not hurting anyone.... They should be allowed.

They lose the right to do as they please when their actions affect others. On welfare? Well you are taking tax money. Stealing to pay for your habit? Well, you are a criminal for theft.

Bwahahaha ....

A weed lover has taken a bit too much, he also legally has a gun, he also wants to sleep with the nice little lady/boy next to him - but this she/he does not want, so what?

He's going to hurt someone, even perhaps he did not want!

He's going to use his gun to get what he wanted, even perhaps he did not want to use it!

Nicely constructed - and so simple in mind :S

As per your idiotic post it just means:

Give everybody the right to use drugs, drink all around the clock and - most important! - let him carry a gun, for God's sake! This is is God given right, damned!

If he's killing someone, OK that surely was a matter of SYG .... [:/]

:P

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Yet for some fucked up reason US thinks its a good idea to send pot user to jail to get ass raped.

It is a good idea. It's against the Law. Sorry, but that's the truth. You can blame ingorance of the general populace if you want, but if you are willing to break the rules, you have to pay. Rebelling is the lazy and inmature way to affect change though. If you don't like the law, you have to change it. Or, you are a very stupid type of criminal who goes to jail for something that silly as possession.

I understand the point about getting punished for breaking the law but its a pointless law when there is no victim.

If you have some random person growing weed in their back yard and smoking it occasionally, absolutely nobody will suffer as a consequence and there aren't any victims to this persons behavior. Regardless if this person gets caught for these activities they're in deep shit. I just don't see the justice in that.

And yes if it was up to me the laws that outlaw pot would be banished but unfortunately I don't have that kind of powers.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

I mean if Portugal could do it why not the US?

Different culture, different people, different industrial level. Different need requirements for not having trace substance per job description.

The U.S. is very neurotic compared to most European countries, my travel experience has shown me. Legalized drugs is not a good idea here. If you believe we can have this stuff around and available and taxed, you haven't been paying attention to Cable TV and the programs created out of popular viewer demand. We already have issues with Alcohol. We don't need other crap to worrry about.

Well you don't have to go all-out and legalize everything under the sun at once. Cannabis alone, which is far less harmful then alcohol, accounts to roughly 50% of Mexican drug cartel profits:

Mexico, the world's largest exporter of marijuana, sends almost all of its crops to the U.S. Cannabis also accounts for almost half the cartels' revenues, according to an estimate from the Mexican attorney general's office.

Really, what is it with you and the ass raping?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Personal experience is not the best way to form an opinion, but I do understand where you're coming from. I've seen how devastating it can be too, still these are the extreme cases, that won't disappear because you outlaw whatever they can't handle.

Let me ask this, not just of you but anyone who cares to respond to this.
Point-out to me, one truly good thing about coke, weed, speed, 'horse', any of it. Just one redeeming point.

In a perfect world. Sadly, good people have to pay for someone else's screw-ups.
Too often, drunks, dopers, what have you, tend to involve others with ugly results. Someone here said that weed is detrimental to the developement of young minds. Weed is the most popular among young people. Have you ever been around someone on speed? coke? I have and all I wanted to do was get the hell away from them... which I did. They had been doing it 'alone'. I'm sorry but I just can't see any value in dope and can see no sense in defending it.

Chuck

I can see the use of them for surveillance and observation along our borders to aid those on the ground to apprehend dope runners. For killing? No! To much room for 'error'.

Chuck

Not being funny but errors don't bother anyone much when they're used in Pakistan so it seems like something of a double standard to use that as an excuse not to.

(I'm not saying you've got a double standard as I don't know what your view of using the in Pakistan is, I'm talking about the argument not you).
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I just base my thinking on what I have seen in my lifetime. I've lost friends over the years to dope who used it in moderation till that one time they got carried away...literally. They were just recreational users. Yeah, I guess I am very negative about dope.

Chuck

Yea, me too. I notice none of the people above mention the link between dope and psychophrenia, or mention the increase in cancers of the lung mouth and throat from smoking the drugs.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Someone here said that weed is detrimental to the developement of young minds. Weed is the most popular among young people.

Part of its popularity is probably due to the fact that pot-dealers, unlike barmen, don't ask for your ID when they sell their drug. Legal drugs also means that the government has control over who gets to the stuff.

And you have never seen a life turn to crap over alcohol?

Bwahahaha ....

A weed lover has taken a bit too much, he also legally has a gun, he also wants to sleep with the nice little lady/boy next to him - but this she/he does not want, so what?

Once again you show you have no idea about topics yet still run your mouth. :S

Give everybody the right to use drugs, drink all around the clock and - most important! - let him carry a gun, for God's sake! This is is God given right, damned!

Proving once again that you can't understand the written word.

I'll put the parts you didn't grasp the first time in bold:
"But even larger than that.... An individual should be allowed to do pretty much whatever they please as long as they do not hurt another individual.

They lose the right to do as they please when their actions affect others. On welfare? Well you are taking tax money. Stealing to pay for your habit? Well, you are a criminal for theft."

So next time, try reading.