Skyrad

Should UAVs be used to kill Mexican Narco Terrorists?

The USA has experience killing its enemies around the world using drones, so should it not kill theMexican Narco Terrorists just over the border? If not why not?
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

A great question....

The answer for me lies in the fact that it would basically be an invasion of a sovereign country. If that country granted permission it would change my answer.

Hasn't stopped us before.

I think the case could be made for it. I personally wouldn't say I am for it. I would rather defend our borders than "invade" another country's.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Exactly so why not use them over Mexico, after all they're a bigger threat than the Taliban and Mexico isn't doing anything about them.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

It's like calling people "terrorists" is cause to suspend any and all due process. :S

seems also like it may be even harder to differentiate drug runners from civilians (like would be border crossers). Could end up with the same carnage Berlin had in the no man's land between the Walls.

Using them for surveillance with the ok from the Mexicans is not so dicey.

Of course it will end up with collateral damage innocent people are killed when you make life or death decisions on sparse intelligence and from 20K, but the government has shown a willingness to accept that damage elsewhere so why not Mexico? After all if they slot a few illegals crossing the border whos to say that they aren't illegal enemy combatants or even Al Quieda creeping into the USA to kill US citizens? According to a recent report posted here in SC thats what is happening according to Texas LEOs. In fact there might be an argument to malleting anyone illegally crossing the border, the buggers would soon stop their shit then eh?
And what the hell are the Mexicans going to do anyway? The US mil would squish a third world army like theirs they'd have to STFU and get on board.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I think the case could be made for it. I personally wouldn't say I am for it. I would rather defend our borders than "invade" another country's.

Matt

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/29/mendocino-national-forest-marijuana-bust_n_913808.html

http://ukiahcommunityblog.wordpress.com/2012/03/30/will-parrish-full-court-press-or-war-on-immigrants-2/

Norcal? Federal and county police officers shot, tourists shot, tons of pesticides released into the lakes/streams, cartel paramilitaries guarding US public lands...

Permission comes in many flavours. Just tell them to man up and take the pain from the press and get on with it. After all that what the US does in Pakistan why should it be any different with Mexico?
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Matt

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/29/mendocino-national-forest-marijuana-bust_n_913808.html

http://ukiahcommunityblog.wordpress.com/2012/03/30/will-parrish-full-court-press-or-war-on-immigrants-2/

Norcal? Federal and county police officers shot, tourists shot, tons of pesticides released into the lakes/streams, cartel paramilitaries guarding US public lands...

I think a response could fall under defending out country.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Of course it will end up with collateral damage innocent people are killed when you make life or death decisions on sparse intelligence and from 20K, but the government has shown a willingness to accept that damage elsewhere so why not Mexico?

Because doing it elsewhere doesn't justify doing it anywhere.

After all if they slot a few illegals crossing the border whos to say that they aren't illegal enemy combatants or even Al Quieda creeping into the USA to kill US citizens?

...or people just trying to make money to feed their families. But that's OK....kill 'em anyway, eh?

And what the hell are the Mexicans going to do anyway? The US mil would squish a third world army like theirs they'd have to STFU and get on board.

THIS is why most of the rest of the world has such a dim view of Americans...we are arrogant enough to do it.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I think a response could fall under defending out country

....whatever. Any excuse to "justify" stupid shit. Typical 'Merican goobermint.

I can't believe all the war mongers in SC.
Well, maybe I can.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Being that there are two major and unbelievably brutal drug gangs operating in Mexico, I'm all for it. They have been beheading people in droves lately as a scare tactic. :|

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

No. Mostly because they don't pose all that great of a threat to the overall US population. It's mostly a Mexico internal affair is't it? If the Mexican government wanted to pay the US to do it, I'm still not too sure I'd like it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

The USA has experience killing its enemies around the world using drones, so should it not kill theMexican Narco Terrorists just over the border? If not why not?

Nope.

Mexican narco gangsters should be eliminated along with the violence they cause by legalizing recreational drugs, eliminating the profits to be made from such drugs, and therefore getting rid of that business and all that goes with it.

No. Not even with Mexico's permission. These guys are a different threat to the U.S. They aren't the traditional "terrorist" who wants America to disappear. Actually, they love the demand we cause.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

No. Just legalize it all and tax it. Problem solved over night as the 'Mexican Narco Terrorists' would lose their business. I mean if Portugal could do it why not the US? It makes no sense that if a person has a problem with alcohol then they're treated as a person with a problem that needs fixing and are put into an institution to get help whereas a person with issues with any other substance is treated like a criminal scum and is sent to jail to be raped on a daily basis.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

I mean if Portugal could do it why not the US?

Different culture, different people, different industrial level. Different need requirements for not having trace substance per job description.

The U.S. is very neurotic compared to most European countries, my travel experience has shown me. Legalized drugs is not a good idea here. If you believe we can have this stuff around and available and taxed, you haven't been paying attention to Cable TV and the programs created out of popular viewer demand. We already have issues with Alcohol. We don't need other crap to worrry about.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I mean if Portugal could do it why not the US?

Different culture, different people, different industrial level. Different need requirements for not having trace substance per job description.

The U.S. is very neurotic compared to most European countries, my travel experience has shown me. Legalized drugs is not a good idea here. If you believe we can have this stuff around and available and taxed, you haven't been paying attention to Cable TV and the programs created out of popular viewer demand. We already have issues with Alcohol. We don't need other crap to worrry about.

Well you don't have to go all-out and legalize everything under the sun at once. Cannabis alone, which is far less harmful then alcohol, accounts to roughly 50% of Mexican drug cartel profits:

Mexico, the world's largest exporter of marijuana, sends almost all of its crops to the U.S. Cannabis also accounts for almost half the cartels' revenues, according to an estimate from the Mexican attorney general's office.

Yet for some fucked up reason US thinks its a good idea to send pot user to jail to get ass raped.
Your rights end where my feelings begin.

Mexican narco gangsters should be eliminated along with the violence they cause by legalizing recreational drugs, eliminating the profits to be made from such drugs, and therefore getting rid of that business and all that goes with it.

that would make good taxmoney :)
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM