dannydan

IS it torchs and pitchforks time yet?

with the current POTUS' stance as well as the majority of REPRESENETIVES blatantly looking the other way on the immigration law. There are roughly 600 treasonist elected citizins running this nation. Will the True and Sincere Patriotic Americans wait until it's too late to take back our country or is it time now?

Well, you could always just start blowing away people you think are illegal immigrants. One at a time, y'know.
:|

Is that really the worst problem we have, the one worth talking about overthrowing the government?

Wendy P.

There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

"came to the United States before they were 16 and who are younger than 30 if they have lived here for five years, have no criminal history, graduated from a U.S. high school or served in the military

Sooo maybe I missed something but don't you have to be a legal citizen to join our military
You can't be drunk all day if you don't start early!

>Sooo maybe I missed something but don't you have to be a legal citizen to join our military

That's the issue. There are a great many people here who, as far as they know, ARE legal citizens. They have driver's licenses and school records. Then one day they find out that their parents weren't in the US when they were born. They might be in school, or have jobs, or be in the military.

What do you do then? Kick them out? Fly them back to the US from Afghanistan so you can put them on a plane back to Mexico, or Italy, or Israel?

There's a thing called national sovereignty, and I don't understand why the United States has to be the one country in the world that idea doesn't apply.

It sucks that their parents lives were shitty enough that they would actually trade a lifetime of criminality for a marginally better way of life for them and their children, and I'll do/ have done my microlending and volunteering to do what I can as an American to contribute to a better way of life for those in Central and South America.

I just don't see how anyone can deny that we as a country have to put our sovereign right to choose who we do and who we do not allow to come into this county aside.

No other country has been as tolerant of illegal immigration as the United States, with the exception of maybe Brazil, so I don't see why those of us who wish to just enforce the laws on the books have to be the bad guys.
Peace, love and hoppiness

>It sucks that their parents lives were shitty enough that they would actually trade a
>lifetime of criminality for a marginally better way of life for them and their children

My grandparents did just that - came here without regard for quotas or immigration limits. And yes, their lives were shitty before they came here, and they got only marginally better once they got here. I am glad they were able to do that.

>I just don't see how anyone can deny that we as a country have to put our sovereign
>right to choose who we do and who we do not allow to come into this county aside.

We shouldn't. But we should choose to err on the side of letting people who grew up here stay here - since the majority of them did nothing wrong to begin with.

If you grew up here, got a job, started college, maybe joined the military - and then you found out that you weren't actually a citizen - would you just leave? Figure "well, I don't belong here, I guess my home is somewhere else?"

Danny, I take it that your ancestors all came to North America via Siberia during the last Ice Age. What Native American tribes are you descended from?

C'mon And You're not going to toss that old rag out there are you? It makes about as much sense as patching a submarine with stucco! We're talking about ILLEGAL aliens getting a free pass into this country and a sold-out son of a bitch for a president. How convenient that he passes this 'law'... 4-months from an election!

Chuck

We need the cheap labor. Simple as that. Who is going to clean hotel rooms and pick lettuce? How is this so confusing?

edited to add:
The immigrants on the other end of the economic spectrum, the ones that come here to use our education system, are also useful. They become doctors, engineers, etc. We should stop revoking their visa's upon graduation and actually utilize their skills to build our country.

think you misunderstand. The flow of immigrants is trending towards leaving the U.S. These were never people who actually wanted to be Americans. They were just parasites from their own miserable shithole countries who came here to suck off the fatted cow. Now that the cow is skinny, they are returning to the shithole they came from.

These were never people who actually wanted to be Americans. They were just parasites from their own miserable shithole countries who came here to suck off the fatted cow.

And that was true of many of our ancestors, too.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

If you grew up here, got a job, started college, maybe joined the military - and then you found out that you weren't actually a citizen - would you just leave? Figure "well, I don't belong here, I guess my home is somewhere else?"

I grew up here, got a job, did college, and joined the military, but i was born a citizen and I can't speculate on what I would do if I found out my parents forced me to be a criminal.

The problem is it's not my fault their parents did that to them. Virtually any other developed country would have them imprisoned before they are deported. That considered, I think my stance of go back to where you belong at this time, be better than your parents and come here the right way is pretty charitable.
Peace, love and hoppiness

Short answer: Yeah, it sucks for them, but send them back to their country of origin. Give them a grace period to get their life together and move to a new home or otherwise legally establish citizenship.

I'm all for helping people out but too many of you are unwilling to face the fact that this country has just as many problems as other countries. It's pretty easy to ignore it since we (the group on this website) are predominantly white and middle class.

People can quote this reason or that, but the truth of the matter is that if we can't even get this in order, there isn't a whole lot of long term hope for a country that is quickly heading down the shitter. Don't get me wrong, this is just one of many in a long list of problems in this country though.

Immigration to the US is cool, so long as you do it the right way. What was done hundreds of years ago to the native americans sucked, but it's not an excuse to ignore the problem now. It's also quite a different world.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

YOU bleeding heart, emotionally led sheeple, you are freaKin missing, missed or will NEVER understand the original point. The POTUS went around the law that is already in place. I'M not talking about shiThole countries or cheating grandparents etc etc. this flies in the face of EVERYTHING why this nation was created. Don't bring uP ancestors or even the native people that were here before the pilgrims through Lincoln.... WOW! almost can't wait til i die

YOU bleeding heart, emotionally led sheeple, you are freaKin missing, missed or will NEVER understand the original point. The POTUS went around the law that is already in place. I'M not talking about shiThole countries or cheating grandparents etc etc. this flies in the face of EVERYTHING why this nation was created. Don't bring uP ancestors or even the native people that were here before the pilgrims through Lincoln.... WOW! almost can't wait til i die

Are you sure English is your native language?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Personally, I don't think the end (which I agree with) justifies the means (which I really don't). OTOH, he might well be paying for it with his political future. If that's the case, then he's taking a stand for something he thinks is extremely important. As the executive branch, he can do this. I'm sure the legislative and judicial branches will take it up forthwith.

As far as sheeple, well, that could be said about people who spew back whatever Rush, Sean, and their friends all say, too.

Wendy P.

Danny, I take it that your ancestors all came to North America via Siberia during the last Ice Age. What Native American tribes are you descended from?

C'mon And You're not going to toss that old rag out there are you? It makes about as much sense as patching a submarine with stucco! We're talking about ILLEGAL aliens getting a free pass into this country and a sold-out son of a bitch for a president. How convenient that he passes this 'law'... 4-months from an election! Chuck

My response was to the OP's Neanderthal use and abuse of the term "True and Sincere Patriotic Americans". Fuck that, on about 5 different levels.

As an aside, show me one past or current president (or candidate for same) or member of Congress (ditto) who wasn't/isn't a sold-out son of a bitch, and I'll show you.... well, maybe Gerry Ford, but really nobody else. So please don't get all sanctimonious on us. (That's my job.)