normiss

Assange could start packing soon....

This should get interesting.

You mean because of the possible extradition to the US?

it's interesting enough seeing a trial for consensual sex with regrets and without condoms, with one of the ladies said to have some sort of tie to the CIA.

Speaking of douches....
Asylum?

Why is he running like a scared girl?
I cannot understand why he refuses to be questioned...if they have enough probable cause to question him, just get an attorney and get it over with.
I do find it amusing how he's behaving though.
Surely pissed off the Brits now too...betcha he gets a fast ride to jail on his way to the airport if/when Ecuador turns him down. I don't see political asylum in this case, but WTH do I know.

Why is he running like a scared girl?
I cannot understand why he refuses to be questioned...

he was quite willing to talk with the Swedes - just not while in their custody. With the way the charges have been made, and the ridiculousness of calling these events rape or sexual assault, any reasonable person would see the danger.

It's interesting to me how he seems to feel above the law.

Pussy

a sticky wicket to be sure...

we long covered this before...these charges are horseshit. See the glib discussion in the Valor discussion about men who misrepresent themselves to sleep with women. In this case, he didn't even do that.

He's right to believe the process is a sham and a trap, just as the Branch Davidians were right to fear the ATF.

Given multiple courts have sided with the courts that seek him for questioning, I have to disagree.
UK courts are that corrupt? Seriously?

Sad to see possible sex crimes dismissed so easily too.
With three sisters and three daughters, I can appreciate what women are forced to tolerate in this world.
They deserve to be heard.

Why do you hate women?

GWB is not going to Switzerland any time soon for the exact same reasons; he might actually get arrested.

If I had charges pending in any country, I would expect that I would pull any and every legal move to not get shipped there, - it's not 'above the law', it's using the law and your rights to your benefit.

Given the USA record of torture, indefinite detention and other violations of human rights around the world [sarcaastic]in our interest of security of course[/sarcastic], I expect that Assange should fucking well be concerned.

UK courts are that corrupt? Seriously?

Was that a serious question? Seriously? When it comes to foreign policy, they are our twin brothers.

Sad to see possible sex crimes dismissed so easily too.

When they continue to appear with him after the 'crime,' and the investigator leaps to file a questionable warrant rather than simply reach out to him over the phone, it smells bad. If they have the statements from the ladies to actually charge him, why not do so?

They deserve to be heard.

And Assange deserves guarantees to not be extradited to a country that tortures people, allows its inmates to be systematically raped and imprisons people for trivial reasons like smoking pot. I think it's obvious that's his main concern, not two woman with a story about rape that most probably won't survive 3 minutes of scrutiny, because they made it up.

I have yet to see ANYTHING that even remotely smells of US extradition.

Then the Swedish government should come with a very clear public statement that Assange has nothing to fear, but they probably wont because they probably want to extradite him.

I have yet to see ANYTHING that even remotely smells of US extradition.

Because as soon as you did it would be grounds for assylum in the UK.

You keep saying this is not political but yet here you are constantly attacking a man you've never met in a political forum. You revel in his legal trouble centering around consensual sex he had with a couple of loose women (one tied to the CIA) basically because each woman discovered he'd slept with the other without protection.

In the mean time "news" outlets in the USA like CNN pronounce that he's facing "rape" charges, which he certainly isn't. And now he's extadtited (imminently)from a country that has no equivalent charge where the case would be laughed out of court.

Just what is it about Mr Assange's condom use that interests you so much if it's not politically motivated?

Whatever the final outcome, this operation has certainly curtailed Assanges inconvenient activities. Someone at Langley deserves a pat on the back.

After crediting a UK story, and I intentionally seek out foreign news sources due to distrust of media.....

whatever.
:S

He's a pussy, not a journalist. I will never understand how a whistle blowing blogger is a journalist.

I simply dislike the fact he feels he knows better than the rest of the world when it comes to international relations, communications, manipulation of information, violation of national security, total disregard for other people's property......
He doesn't. He clearly has trouble with relations with women, wtf could he possibly contribute to international relations and national secrets?
nothing.

After crediting a UK story, and I intentionally seek out foreign news sources due to distrust of media.....

whatever.
:S

He's a pussy, not a journalist. I will never understand how a whistle blowing blogger is a journalist.

I simply dislike the fact he feels he knows better than the rest of the world when it comes to international relations, communications, manipulation of information, violation of national security, total disregard for other people's property......
He doesn't. He clearly has trouble with relations with women, wtf could he possibly contribute to international relations and national secrets?
nothing.

He's a pussy? Why because he exposed inconvenient facts or he has a reluctance to be railroaded on politically motivated charges?

Trouble with relations with women? WTF are you talking about, he banged two women in two days and they knew eachother so they went to the cops over some bullshit complaint that has no equivalent either in the USA or in the UK.

Do you have something rational to say about him besides "he's a pussy" or he has trouble with women because he had two brief encounters with a couple of women who knew eachother?

All you have is character assassination and you have to dodge the detailed facts to do it.

I have issues with Assange but they're based on fact for example his commentary over the killing video was biased and bullshit, and he was timing his releases for publicity instead of just releasing the data. There's substance to these complaints not nonsense like "he's a pussy", he was certainly getting a lot of pussy, maybe you're just jealous, I dunno.

a whistle blower blogger is a journalist by definition. We don't like him because of what he released. The difference is that unlike Manning, he didn't violate any laws in doing so. If he were instead releasing Chinese docs, we'd be thrilled with him. Sauce for the goose...

He certainly has a different viewpoint from you, which is big part of why you don't understand his reluctance to go to Sweden. To you it may seem unfathomable that they'd send his ass straight to Gitmo, but for him, it seems rather obvious. He pissed off most Western nations, including the Brits who happily extradited him, and they're all looking to send a message to the next pussy ass blogger.

nothing.

He's got no more trouble than half the jumpers around the bonfire at a boogie. Less in fact, since he's getting more action than the average jumper in a boogie that is 80% male.

He certainly has a different viewpoint from you,

Bingo, and that's at the root of this, "He doesn't agree with me he had the audacity to act on his convictions with courage and to great effect therefore he's a pussy who must be persecuted".

I disagree with Assanges politics but this is bullshit.

People cannot seem to understand that he has absolutely NO obligation to act in the best interests of the US executive branch.

They cannot seem to understand that it is not OK to broadcast headlines accusing him of rape after months of repeated corrections.

Just how incompetent does a news organization have to be to get that wrong? The answer is it's NOT incompetence.