kallend

Did Republicans deliberately crash the US economy?

You really want to tell me again, it wasn't the Democrats who compromised and it's not the Republicans attempting to overthrow it?

And still came up with something that is unpopular and Unconstitutional. And pushed it through and passed it without debate and without time for anybody to even READ it.

Gee, Paul, let's talk about how much Dubya compromised on the War in Iraq. How about all the compromise in the PAtriot Act?

I will say this - there are limits to compromise. Google "Neville Chamberlain." Why didn't people compromise the Voting Rights Act? OR the Civil RIghts Act?

Because COMPROMISE is not always good. It is frequently bad. And if you suggest that compromise is always a benefit or always even possible, then I worry about you.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Those things that by some miraculous event did manage to pass, like healthcare (which is a Republican bastarization of what was originally proposed), they are now trying to overturn any way they can.

Your morals are so flexible that you could support something that you normally would not support?

So how do you meet halfway on say abortions?

There are certainly republicans here who rejoice every time a bad economic report comes out.

that's nearly as accurate as the democrats that rejoiced every time a soldier was killed in afghanistan.

(I mean, not in the last 4 years, of course. Those deaths are fine ;).......Just the 4-8 years prior......:P)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

So how do you meet halfway on say abortions?

Exactly the sort of thing I would expect to be said by a right-winger who refuses to come to the bargaining table and compromise. The only way to compromise on abortions is to allow free access, government funded abortions on demand. The initial proposal was to require all women to have an abortion per year, but in the spirit of compromise, the Democrats moved far away from their desired position and the Republicans STILL said "No!"

It's the party of "No!" that causes all problems. That you don't understand that is indicative of your field marshal position in the War on Women. Right-wing loonies just refuse to see reason.

Laughable. If you recall things really began to hit the fan during the final months of the election when McCain suspended his candidacy to return to DC and deal with the crisis. Who controlled congress at that point?
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

>>Who?

>That's what I'd like to know, too.

A few smug, self-satisfied posts from the front page of SC:

===========
"The net worth of the American family has fallen to its lowest level in two decades, according to government data released Monday, driven by a more than 40 percent drop in their stakes in their homes. The Federal Reserve’s detailed survey of consumer finances showed families’ median wealth plunged from $126,400 in 2007 to $77,300 in 2010 — a 39 percent decline."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...JQAlIsCVV_story.html

Here's the "change" you believed in...
============
And even more so for this incredible recovery we're seeing...in the private sector anyways
============

No surprise there. There are people here for whom destroying Obama is their #1 priority, and a weak economy helps get them there. No wonder they're happy.

>>Who?

>That's what I'd like to know, too.

A few smug, self-satisfied posts from the front page of SC:

===========
"The net worth of the American family has fallen to its lowest level in two decades, according to government data released Monday, driven by a more than 40 percent drop in their stakes in their homes. The Federal Reserve’s detailed survey of consumer finances showed families’ median wealth plunged from $126,400 in 2007 to $77,300 in 2010 — a 39 percent decline."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/...JQAlIsCVV_story.html

Here's the "change" you believed in...
============
And even more so for this incredible recovery we're seeing...in the private sector anyways
============

No surprise there. There are people here for whom destroying Obama is their #1 priority, and a weak economy helps get them there. No wonder they're happy.

You have a very strange understanding of the definition of "Rejoicing".

There are people here for whom destroying Obama is their #1 priority, and a weak economy helps get them there. No wonder they're happy.

The same is true on the other side. "Did Democrats deliberately destroy the economy to make it a campaign issue in 1992? 'It's the economy, stupid' is proof that, yes, just such a thing did happen in order to unseat GHW Bush and install Bill Clinton."

Laughable, isn't it?

>"Did Democrats deliberately destroy the economy to make it a campaign issue in
>1992? 'It's the economy, stupid' is proof that, yes, just such a thing did happen in
>order to unseat GHW Bush and install Bill Clinton."

I agree. There were a lot of democrats who were praying for a bad economy during Bush's term. And of course a lot of republicans who claimed there were no problems; everything was great!

Now, of course, they have neatly reversed their positions. And the most extreme of these people don't even see any hypocrisy in their positions.

Right. The righties will call the lefties hypocrites for doing the same thing when GHW Bush was in office and call them hypocrites for cleverly omitting the lousy economy when Clinton left office.

And the lefties will call the righties hypocrites for blaming the early Bush economy on Clinton but not blaming Bush for Obama, etc.

Both sides use the same tactics. It's not about fact. Not about truth. It's about blame and political gains.

Really? You wanna go down that road?

You really want to look at what was proposed in the original health care reform vs what we ended up with?

You really want to tell me again, it wasn't the Democrats who compromised and it's not the Republicans attempting to overthrow it?

Really?

Really? a comprimise would have been adding tort reform to Obama care, passing a budget that only have 700 bill in debt spending instead of 1.4 trillion, or making the highest tax bracket 29% (half way between 35 and 25%) there was no comprimise from the dems at all, only blasting the right because they wouldn't lick the asses of Obama and his gang so they could pass whatever they wanted.

A comprimise is were the 2 side find middleground to agree on, the stuborn dems haven't moved from the origonal position they started with, all they do is whine that the mean republicans are screwing things up. I thank the republicans for standing firm and wish they would move farther right so I the Dems would comprimise someday it would actually be in the middle not the middle of far left.
Time to open your eyes and realize this president is a liar and a loser.

A comprimise is were the 2 side find middleground to agree on, the stuborn dems haven't moved from the origonal position they started with, all they do is whine that the mean republicans are screwing things up. I thank the republicans for standing firm and wish they would move farther right so I the Dems would comprimise someday it would actually be in the middle not the middle of far left.

are you sure you know what a compromise is? (btw, are you texting while driving again?)

The Democrats are the problem because they haven't moved from their original position. But the Republicans are doing right by you because they're standing firm, but you'd like them even better if they moved further away from an actual compromise? WTF?

The dem's want to spend 1.4 trillion over budget, the rep's want a balanced budget, maybe 700 million over budget would be a comprimise but the dems don't want to reduce the budget at all, hence no working with the dem's because they will not comprimise.

are you sure you know what a compromise is? (btw, are you texting while driving again?)

The Democrats are the problem because they haven't moved from their original position. But the Republicans are doing right by you because they're standing firm, but you'd like them even better if they moved further away from an actual compromise? WTF?

There are certainly republicans here who rejoice every time a bad economic report comes out.

I would just like to take this time to CONFESS...it was all my fault. I'm the one who is responsible for this mess, I wanted to have it all and have it now.:(

I'm going to start right now, and begin paying back all that money I took without requard to my fellow man. I need to work out a payment plan, and or set up a Channman Relief Fund for those who wish to assist me financially so I can begin paying everyone back.

Maybe I can get Lawrocket to represent me in bankruptcy court, and the rest of you can just pound sand:D

All politics is about fucking-over the other guy. The Republican machine is generally far more skilled and successful at it than the Democratic machine is. War is war. The Democrats either have to get their game up or they'll continue to get kicked in the teeth. Those that don't like it shouldn't climb into the ring in the first place, because whining about the other guy doing it is a non-starter.

The Republican machine is generally far more skilled and successful at it than the Democratic machine is.

;) right, I think the reverse, and, actually, consider that the Reps are a bit inept at it and won't go places that the Dems are super comfy at

(in reality, they are probably pretty equivalent, they've had decades to perfect and practice, and they both get to pick from about 50% of the available talent)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

"Republican machine is generally far more skilled and successful at it than the Democratic machine is"

Funny, we think its the other way around. But we do plan on bring our A game into the final match in November. I just hope both sides engage in the process without cheating.

The Republican machine is generally far more skilled and successful at it than the Democratic machine is.

It's cute how they truly believe this is the other way around, Andy. Good illustration of how one's frame of reference distorts reality a bit.

The dem's want to spend 1.4 trillion over budget, the rep's want a balanced budget, maybe 700 million over budget would be a comprimise but the dems don't want to reduce the budget at all, hence no working with the dem's because they will not comprimise.

Let's cut that nonsense out. The GOP likes to say they want a balanced budget, but their contributions to that effort is "no new taxes" and "don't you fucking touch defense spending!"

so either they're full of shit, or they can't do 4th grade math. Which one is it, Marks?

It's cute how they truly believe this is the other way around, Andy. Good illustration of how one's frame of reference distorts reality a bit.

It's cute how you truly believe this is the other way around, Kelp. Good illustration of how one's frame of reference distorts reality a bit.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

It's cute how you truly believe this is the other way around, Kelp. Good illustration of how one's frame of reference distorts reality a bit.

any trivial (and objective) analysis of party unity and campaign tactics shows a clear advantage to the Republicans. You don't show a good track record on objectivity, however.

that's nearly as accurate as the democrats that rejoiced every time a soldier was killed in afghanistan.

That's the single most repugnant piece of bullshit I have seen in this forum. Some of us have lost family and close friends in Afghanistan.

Rejoiced? You need to think before you say stupid fucking shit.

any trivial (and objective) analysis of party unity and campaign tactics shows a clear advantage to the Republicans.

Everyone - That really was my point; I was giving credit where credit is due to the national Republican machine for being more skilled and successful political operatives - both in election campaigns and in keeping the opposition (either in Congress or the White House) flummoxed. On the whole, they've got a better A game, most of the time, than the Dems do. I'm saying this from the perspective of a team fan that would like to fire my team's front office and coaching staff because the other guys keep eating their lunch.

That's the single most repugnant piece of bullshit I have seen in this forum SWEET, that's really saying something. Some of us have lost family and close friends in Afghanistan.

Rejoiced? You need to think before you say stupid fucking shit.

read what I replied to and you'll either see you're out of line, or demonstrating my point

however, if you are so caught up in your manufactured outrage, I'll explain - Billvon made a sweeping and false generalization, so, In Billvon's style, I highlighted his goofyness by doing the same thing but turning it around with an equally false and sweeping generalization, to something he objected to a few years ago