Skyrad

Pakistan, time for the USA leave it alone?

Its about time that the USA realised that its in danger of destroying all together its relationship with Pakistan which is already in a fractious state following insult after insult to the sovereignty of the nation. Todays comments don't help the matter and smack of the school ground bully.

http://news.yahoo.com/panetta-patience-pakistan-reaching-limits-085857670.html

I remember when Pakistanis would fly the stars and stripes next to the Pakistan flag even in the shanties. People loved the USA and that wasn't so long ago. Since then threats of 'bombing them back to the stone age' by Bush and constant drone strikes with attendant civilian casualties and the bombing of Pakistani troops within Pakistan's borders and conducting a military attack deep in to Pakistan.
The USA must face the fact that the puppet government in Kabul will collapse within a short period after the withdrawal. That being the case they are already talking to the Taliban (while decrying Pakistan for not destroying them) Jalaluddin Haqqani is likely to play a key role once the current incumbent has run or been removed as some in the state department and CIA know all to well. If the USA wants to remain a player in the region it has to keep Pakistan on side or risk loosing influence.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Something tells me that if Mexico were carrying out military attacks and targeted killings on Mexican gangs in the USA without permission and n the process killing US citizens and military you might have a different opinion John.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Something tells me that if Mexico were carrying out military attacks and targeted killings on Mexican gangs in the USA without permission and n the process killing US citizens and military you might have a different opinion John.

I think the difference would be that we would find and remove them before mexico could do it.

I think the difference would be that we would find and remove them before mexico could do it.

Yes, because there aren't any Mexican gangs in the US. :S
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Yes, because there aren't any Mexican gangs in the US. :S

if war type attacks were being done on other countries from gangs in the US, the US would definately step in and remove them first. at this point it is the ones in mexico bleeding into the US that are the issue.