ShcShc11

U.S: Slowest Spending in Decades.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/obama.3cdn.net/2334ea5f5e08d88e8b_ldpumvul9.png

http://postimage.org/image/phofdi0hh/

Remember when we said ''we won't do the same mistake FDR made in 1937 when he pulled back too soon''. Well we are.

...And we wonder why U.S is still struggling with 8.2% unemployment lol.

People keep making this debate as if its a Public vs Private sector when in reality this is true only in a full-employment economy.

This great recession/depression is all about demand- if demand goes up, BOTH the public revenues and private sector would flourish.

Cheers! :)Shc

Remember when we said ''we won't do the same mistake FDR made in 1937 when he pulled back too soon''. Well we are.

Or when people like me said, "Let the damn country bottom out so we can fix it?" I think we'd be a long way towards recovering had we let it hit bottom and go back up.

Keeping just enough to prevent it from bottoming out is bad. But I'd personally like to stop seeing the whole "slowed growth" analysis and move into "how big is it now compared to x." My son tripled his weight in the last fourteen months. I didn't. Must mean that I'm not doing well. I still weigh 170 pounds more than him, but...

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Or when people like me said, "Let the damn country bottom out so we can fix it?" I think we'd be a long way towards recovering had we let it hit bottom and go back up.

Define "bottoming out".
There was a time when bottoming out would mean certain bankruptcy to Citigroup, Bank of America, JP Morgan, etc...

...it would mean at least a good 20-25% unemployment in 2009.

this scenario is still a distinct possibility if EU doesn't play its cards correctly. I can post some numbers from Citigroup (published around end 2011)...

Cheers!
Shc

There was a time when bottoming out would mean certain bankruptcy to Citigroup, Bank of America, JP Morgan, etc......it would mean at least a good 20-25% unemployment in 2009.

Yes, we should have let one or more of the big banks, auto makers, airlines, etc. go bankrupt, kept the stimulus money and retooled the economy. Paulson and Geitner should have been turned away at the door. It would have made for a longer and more painful but more stable recovery. Mis dos centavos.

People keep making this debate as if its a Public vs Private sector when in reality this is true only in a full-employment economy.

This great recession/depression is all about demand- if demand goes up, BOTH the public revenues and private sector would flourish.

Your 2 examples contradict eachother. Last I checked Barry took office in '08.
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

Your 2 examples contradict eachother. Last I checked Barry took office in '08.

Nope. they do not contradict each other.
BO took office 2009 and the 2009 budget was made in 2008 (the 2009 stimulus is however counted in BO`s administration).

Cheers
Shc

The clock at the bottom of the page....

http://www.americansagainstobama.com/

Appears to say the Obama administration is doing a good job of spending federal monies.

Federal transfers to states in need.
When the 2008 housing bubble popped, most States were in urgent need of the Fed $. If it was McCain or Obama, those State transfers would be the minimum.

When we look deeper how this money was spent, we realize we tried to plug a 2.5 trillion $ hole caused in 2008 with maybe 300 B$ in spending.

There was a time when bottoming out would mean certain bankruptcy to Citigroup, Bank of America, JP Morgan, etc......it would mean at least a good 20-25% unemployment in 2009.

Yes, we should have let one or more of the big banks, auto makers, airlines, etc. go bankrupt, kept the stimulus money and retooled the economy. Paulson and Geitner should have been turned away at the door. It would have made for a longer and more painful but more stable recovery. Mis dos centavos.

Right.
The 1930 German economy was long and painful, but led to a more stable recovery... oh wait.

Cheers!
Shc

Or when people like me said, "Let the damn BANKS bottom out so we can fix it?" I think we'd be a long way towards recovering had we let it hit bottom and go back up.

Yup! We should have let them fall and used that TARP money to help those who's homes are under water by 40% or more to invest in our economic growth not the big banks economic growth right?

Or am i wrong?

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

To use a medical analogy, bottoming out might be a good option in the case of a disease that is self-limiting, is very unlikely to result in death or permanent disability, and results in immunity against reinfection. Treating the disease, rather than letting it run its course, would result in a slightly faster recovery, but usually at the cost of subsequent immune protection.

On the other hand, letting things bottom out would be unwise in the case of a disease that would be likely to result in death or permanent disability.

The question is, was the recession a case of a bad stomach ache, the flu, malaria, ebola, or rabies? Reasonable people might disagree about the diagnosis. Doing nothing for a stomach ache or flu has a good chance to be the best course of action. You might die of malaria, probably will from ebola, and definitely will from rabies, if you make no effort to treat the disease. A doctor who mistakes rabies for a stomach ache is certainly guilty of malpractice.

Evidently you feel the economy had a self-limiting condition that would spontaneously heal; the patient might lose a few pounds in the process, but they needed to lose weight anyway so it's all to the good.

What if the economy had ebola, as many (including the present administration) believe? Would you still say "do nothing"?

Don

>We should have let them fall and used that TARP money to help those who's homes
>are under water by 40% or more . . . .

That's sort of the definition of "throwing good money after bad." Helping people keep bad investments is the worst possible thing we could do with government money.

That's sort of the definition of "throwing good money after bad."
TARP...nope that money went to all the right places right! I mean we did pass rules and laws to prevent the same thing to happen again....AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH shit!
No we didn't!

To quote a friend who works for a very large bank
"Shah the government had a choice they could either save you or they could save us.....they chose us."
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Define "bottoming out".

Let us see what happens with the economy when our hands are off. Human hands managing the economy caused the problem. Let's see where ti ends up and work from there.

There was a time when bottoming out would mean certain bankruptcy to Citigroup, Bank of America, JP Morgan, etc...

Yep. Fuck em. They got themselves into this mess and I'm tired of covering their sorry asses. That's bottoming out.

...it would mean at least a good 20-25% unemployment in 2009.

We HAVE a good 15-20% unemployment NOW. Let the unemployment drop to 25% for 2009 if it means that we're below 10% unemployment in 2012. Which we are not (the 8.2% are merely those people who haven't given up looking for work.)

this scenario is still a distinct possibility if EU doesn't play its cards correctly

So whatever has been spent would be wasted. That's the biggest shame. My solution is to cut off the smack, manage the DTs, and let recovery begin without pumping up the methadone.

Yeah, it sounds mean and brutal and all that. Long-term good v. short-term pain.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

TARP...nope that money went to all the right places right! I mean we did pass rules and laws to prevent the same thing to happen again....AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH shit!
No we didn't!

"Shah the government had a choice they could either save you or they could save us.....they chose us."

I see we are back to bitching about your underwater home you financed with an exotic subprime loan, eh?

Those fucking bankers, how dare they push such a product on some one who aparantly has enough sense to later earn an MBA. Totally preying on uninformed consumers who shouldn't know any better.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

No we didn't!

The TARP money got repaid, you might recall. Never mind that many banks were forced to accept it when they did not wish for it. As soon as they could get the Feds to accept the money back, they paid up and got.

You, otoh, want a free ride on your home loan mistakes.

him again...yawn.

Doesn't both those pics show the GROWTH of spending?

Meaning it is still higher than the last guy, who was higher then the guy before, etc, etc. But the percentage of GROWTH is at a LOWER rate.

Yes?

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!