steve1

Concealed Carry Handgun II

Well, I'm heading to town tomorrow. We hope to do some shooting at that new indoor range in Billings. I'm still having a tough time narrowing it down on what to buy. I have a hard time laying out that much money, unless I really like a gun.

For concealed carry I have my eye on a Baby Glock gen 4, in 9mm. My brother has one and loves it. Another friend (who was a police chief) has one, and has nothing but good to say about it.

Another police friend has a Baby Glock in 357 Sig. He says that he would recommend a 9mm because of the recoil, in that small of a gun.

My brother says the FBI is now recommending 9mm over the other calibers, because they are easier to hit with. In that small of a pistol moderate recoil could be a problem.

The handle still seems pretty fat to me on the baby glocks...In fact the entire pistol seems fat....maybe I can get used to that. I've heard the gen 4 handles are smaller. I hope to shoot one before I buy.

The sights are drift adjustable, which is good. I've heard they shoot accurately. Probably not as good as a full sized pistol but very good for that small of a gun.

I really like the sounds of those Sig pistols. They are more money and heavier. I might look them over too.

Any further advice on this?? I've learned a lot from you guys.

Oh yeigh....those two guys who kidnapped and murdered that jogger are sitting in the slammer. They found the body of the woman after they murdered her. They're going for the death penalty on both of them. One guy confessed. It's a pretty open and shut case. I hope they both burn in hell....

I am waiting for my Springfield XDS 45 ACP single stack

Gotta shot one

Great little pistol
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I've thought about getting a single stack 45 in Sig. I would think the grip would be nicer than a double stack. My hand isn't too large. That's another gun I'd like to look at and shoot.

That brings up another question....Does a person really need all those extra rounds that a double stack would allow. I talked with a cop the other day and he said, yes. You'd think nine shots would be enough....But what do I know? I don't work law enforcement.

My most recent addition is a Walther PPS 9. It's a single stack, LOVE IT! Very slim package. I'm still on the fence about the trigger guard mag release though. Although it does make the pistol slimmer. I love my sig p250 sub though too, and it's a double stack. It is noticeably fatter feeling than the walther when carrying though. The heaviest and fattest feeling one I've carried is my springfield xd-40....that's a hog. lol

My newest carry is the Springfield EMP in 9mm was going to get the 40 but the 9 was so much lighter. I love this weapon dead nuts at 10 yards and tight groups even out to 25 and you can't. Eat the 1911 platform. I thought I loved my xd 40 sub compact but it has nothing on the EMP.

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I have several that I carry, the smallest is the Smith Bodyguard 380, its really small, polymer frame and seems to disappear with my IWB or Pocket holster. I also have a Springfield XD 9mmSub Compact that is larger, but in a good holster is a pretty easy carry. I like the XD's as they not only have the trigger safety but a grip safety too.
Fortunately, I'm adhering to a pretty strict, uh, drug, uh, regimen to keep my mind, you know, uh, limber.
--- The Dude ---

Take a good look at the Glock 27 with the plus-1 finger extension. Lots of horse power with great concealability. When you burn through the ten-round mag you can use Glock 22 mags in it.
"Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doing, than a long life spent in a miserable way." - Alan Watts

The discussion on calibers is a long one, but regardless of what size bullet you choose you must find a weapon that you will 1) practice with and 2) will carry.

It doesn't matter if you have a new $3000 Wilson Combat and the best hand loaded .45 rounds you can buy if the gun is at home in your safe when you need it.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Just a minor note. Having / not having drift adjustable sights isn't going to matter. You won't be using this gun trying to shoot 1/4" groups at 25 yards. You'll be firing at very close ranges with very little time.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

Try a browning HI-POWER.... The only thing that turns some off is the cocked and lock carry... Fit's a small hand very nice, A natural point and shoot pistol...

Before all this plastic pistol crap started... There were two guns.... The colt 1911 45 and the browning hi-power in 9mm.... If you want to be GOOD... If you want to hit and kill your target...." DO NOT USE THE SITES " Learn to point and shoot.. Let the gun become part of your hand... Think about when you point your finger... You don't " AIM IT " ... Learn to shoot at night in the dark.. Off balance... ONE handed. sitting... on your back... You will be doing yourself and family right...:)

Or go to a range and learn how to Stand..Breath... Aim... release safety.. Exhale.... Slowly squeeze trigger.... And reset... and fire the next round... You'll be as good as all the Cops in the 100+ round shoot-outs were no one is hit....;)

Killler...

I just bought a Sig Saur P-229 Equinox .40 Cal. It is one sweet, balanced accurate gun. High mag caps. Light, easy to carry. I was carrying a Belgium made Browning High Power .9 mm, sweet gun, just wanted a little more bang.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

If you want to be GOOD... If you want to hit and kill your target...." DO NOT USE THE SITES " Learn to point and shoot..

Bullcrap. You can't miss fast enough to win. EFFECTIVELY PLACED shots win the day.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

If aimed fire is the way to go... Then why can't all these paper target killers that have a expert badge, can't hit anything in a gun fight? Why are all these people hit in the foot? hand? and mostly... NOT AT ALL..

You keep doing what you do and I'll keep doing what has kept me alive... ;)

killler....

Edited to add....My shoots are "Effectively Placed" The only thing is I don't need to line up a site picture to do it.. I'm able to hit center of mass in a black-out room...:o

I've never been a fan of glocks so i can't comment on them, used to carry a Sig 229 forr winter attire and loved the thing. Not a good CC pistol for summer clothing though.

And just recently started gettig into Springfield XD's. Probably one of the best series of handguns for multipurpose use, Imho.

If aimed fire is the way to go... Then why can't all these paper target killers that have a expert badge, can't hit anything in a gun fight? Why are all these people hit in the foot? hand? and mostly... NOT AT ALL..

killler....

Edited to add....My shoots are "Effectively Placed" The only thing is I don't need to line up a site picture to do it.. I'm able to hit center of mass in a black-out room...:o

Spectre...are you back?

killler....

Of COURSE you can....
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Did you see me say... SPRAY and PRAY you hit something???? You need to stop and "READ" ... Read what I wrote... I told him to be ready for a GUN FIGHT.. Not ready to kill a paper target...

I can tell you that almost every gun fight is in VERY close range and are over in a few seconds... Well your trying to get a site picture.... I'll have three rounds in you... BODY, HEAD, Body....

Most guys that I know , File the front site down smooth as to not hang up on the draw... Sometimes, I wonder why I still get sucked in on these forums... It's a waste of time... No one reads the WHOLE thread or post... They see what they want... You keep killing your paper targets.... I can show you HUNDREDS of paper killers that could not hit a gun man in a gun fight.... Hell... The gunman in the LA bank shoot-out got so tried... He shot himself in the head... ;)

Door.....

Did you see me say... SPRAY and PRAY you hit something???? You need to stop and "READ" ... Read what I wrote... I told him to be ready for a GUN FIGHT.. Not ready to kill a paper target...

I can tell you that almost every gun fight is in VERY close range and are over in a few seconds... Well your trying to get a site picture.... I'll have three rounds in you... BODY, HEAD, Body....

Most guys that I know , File the front site down smooth as to not hang up on the draw... Sometimes, I wonder why I still get sucked in on these forums... It's a waste of time... No one reads the WHOLE thread or post... They see what they want... You keep killing your paper targets.... I can show you HUNDREDS of paper killers that could not hit a gun man in a gun fight.... Hell... The gunman in the LA bank shoot-out got so tried... He shot himself in the head... ;)

Door.....

I gotta agree to an extent~

'Most' gunfights are at 21 feet or less, and IF you find the right weapon...one that fits your hand well etc. you can practice enough to point shoot center mass most of the time.

I don't have adjustable 'target' sights on any carry weapon...I can hit center mass instinct shooting, and I never have to worry that the sights have been banged against something are are off aim point if I do need to use them.

I also agree that standing straight up, aiming carefully, 'target practice' is of little real practical value regarding useful combat training.

Crouching, prone, using cover, firing weak hand only...things like that are what one will most likely need strong skills doing. One exercise that sounds easy but I find incredibly difficult is walking forward while firing, hard to keep the weapon steady when moving unless you practice doing it A LOT.

I would disagree with on the center mass, head, center mass theory. The idea is to stop the threat as quickly as possible, continuing to fire at the largest area until the threat is over is the procedure with the highest percentage of success.

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I would disagree with on the center mass, head, center mass theory. The idea is to stop the threat as quickly as possible, continuing to fire at the largest area until the threat is over is the procedure with the highest percentage of success.

Or as my daddy used to say "Keep shooting at the big part till you run out of bullets!" and "Big bullets help". :)
lisa
WSCR 594
FB 1023
CBDB 9

Did you see *me* say "SPRAY and PRAY"?

Funny how you make the same assumptions about aimed fire as you THOUGHT I made about point shooting.

Of *COURSE* you will...

Filing the front sight down? :D:D:D
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Yes.... The front site post is filed down and rounded as to remove the snag hazard... Afterward, You have a small "HILL" that is smooth and can't get snagged on your holster, snag on your underwear or shirt....;) If you want ... I'll go and goggle you MORE facts to back-up working the front site post.... ;)

Now, I'm Done playing your little game.... Go kill some paper, Don't forget to hold a good site picture well slowly squeezing the trigger...

Killler....