RonD1120

The Words of a True Leader: Ronald Reagan

I received this as a personal Email from a fellow Vietnam Vet, Patriot Guard Rider and retired Manatee County Deputy Sheriff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I was watching this, I found it so very, very sad when I realized that, at least in my lifetime, we shall never see another leader of our great Country with these values. Without a doubt, our current so-called POTUS would NEVER be heard to utter words such as this.

Notice, if you will, that with virtually every talk he is giving, he is standing behind the seal of the office he held so dear.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/OvN1jTkzXbY?rel=0

'In God We Trust!'

This nation was founded on Christian beliefs. Over the existence of the United States of America those beliefs have been eroded away by atheists, Muslims, free thinkers and others who don’t believe in Christianity like the large majority of Americans. If for some reason you may not be happy with what WE as Americans have to offer, maybe it’s time to move to another place which better fits your thinking and/or beliefs.

It is time (November) WE take back our country and again make it the greatest place on the planet live and raise a family. Keep in mind we are in deep deep at this point and it will take a while to get ourselves back into the fight. However with faith in God on our side I’m am sure we can and will do it, WE are Americans.

I would like to see prayer back in schools, at town meeting and any other place where Americans meet. I would like to see the 10 Commandments back in buildings and actually followed by everyone who would read them. I would like to see OUR Constitution read and followed and not utilized as a point of argument and kicked around like a soccer ball on Saturday afternoon, especially by those who swore to uphold the laws set forth in some cases by themselves.

We as a country need to wake up, time is running out quickly and changes really need to be made. Not just hope and change but real honest to God changes that will bring us back to our former self.

Let it be known OUR Constitution, OUR Christian beliefs and OUR way of life are not up for debate.

God Bless America and those in uniform who serve to protect us.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

"so-called POTUS" He's your President, get over it.

As for Reagan, I'll agree he was a decent leader, but in this matter he was distinctly unAmerican. Religious freedom...that's the key, not preference of one particular religion. If your beliefs are eroded by "atheists, Muslims, and free thinkers", then the problem is not with those people, but rather the strength of your conviction. Personally, my beliefs are fine.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Personally, my beliefs are fine.

Blues,
Dave

In your opinion

Why would anyone eles's opinion matter?

Blues,
Dave

Didn't you get the memo? Right wing conservatives are allowed to set moral standards for the rest of us.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I would like to see the 10 Commandments back in buildings and actually followed by everyone who would read them.

It's funny you mention the 10 commandments, I asked a group of my Christian co-workers last night to name all 10 commandments. The 4 of them, together, could only come up with 7/10. Now if I beleived with all of my heart and soul that an eternity of bliss awaited me, the least I could do is memorize the big 10.

Dutch had it wrong on more than one thing. The Athiest movement is growing and approval for Gay marriage is on the rise, as yesterdays influential generation ages and will soon be obsolete. New discoveries in science only confirm belief in the rational, not in 2000 year old folktales.

Thankfully, the day's of Ozzie and Harriet are not coming back.

Personally, my beliefs are fine.

Blues,
Dave

In your opinion

Why would anyone eles's opinion matter?

Blues,
Dave

Didn't you get the memo? Right wing conservatives are allowed to set moral standards for the rest of us.

The right wing is not allowed to set moral standards. To do so is immoral, and not up to standards.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Over the existence of the United States of America those beliefs have been eroded away by atheists, Muslims, free thinkers

You forgot to add Christian bigots who try to impose their values on the rest of us to your list.

Over the existence of the United States of America those beliefs have been eroded away by atheists, Muslims, free thinkers

You forgot to add Christian bigots who try to impose their values on the rest of us to your list.

As opposed to atheist bigots who seek to impose their values on the other side? The ones who sued the crew of Apollo 8 for reading from the book of Genesis? That type?

There's a long history on both sides of the issue.

As opposed to atheist bigots who seek to impose their values on the other side? The ones who sued the crew of Apollo 8 for reading from the book of Genesis? That type?

Rubbish.

How many atheists are opposed to gay marriage? How many are anti-choice? Compare with fundie Christians.

Twinkle, Twikle Little Star would have been as/ more appropriate. ;)
The older I get the less I care who I piss off.

How many atheists are opposed to gay marriage?

I don't know. I can't imagine a lot of them.

How many are anti-choice?

How many support taxpayer funded abortions? How many support churches funding contraception? You want to talk about forcing things? There ARE examples.

And you've placed it in the form of argument. "Pro-choice" versus "Pro-life" are sloganeering. You chose a non-neutral term to make your point, didn't you? Because you AREN'T neutral. You know it. And as opposed to phrasing it in a way that recognizes that reasonable minds can differ, you phrased it in a way that forestalls reasonable discussion.

Lately it's been the religious ones who have been taking the lead it trying to push their agendas. But then there are the atheists who want to do things like ban private citizens gathered at public high school football games from praying as a group because they are offended.

It happens on both sides. I'm an atheist and I see it. I just happen to have a problem with a certain type of action, and I don't care whether atheists do it or religious do it, I have a problem with it.

As I was watching this, I found it so very, very sad when I realized that, at least in my lifetime, we shall never see another leader of our great Country with these values. Without a doubt, our current so-called POTUS would NEVER be heard to utter words such as this.

Perhaps you should inform your friend that "Politics and spiritual belief or faith are two separate issues. No problem."

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

As opposed to that commie pinko George Washington:

==============
As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.
==============

Well, it's not like he helped found the country or anything, so what does he know.

Politics and spiritual belief or faith are two separate issues.

On this I agree wholeheartedly. I agree that the two should be separated. One of the reasons why I am not a fan of the "Tea Party" is that they took good limited government ideas and co-opted it with religious underpinnings. Sorry, while I like the limited government idea, limiting government and expanding religious underpinnings are irreconcilable.

You don't limit government by attempting to empower it to further some policy - a policy which by its nature is not Constitutional. Hence, Santorum's criticism of JFK's speech told me all I need to know about how dangerous he is.

Do you think it's OK for Jews to worship in the US?

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Just because Reagan said it, does not make it right. Or even factually correct. Or even legal.

A lot of people would like to see prayers back in schools. And a lot of people would not.

Supreme Court has already ruled on that, so....

Which goes back to one of the points I constantly make - "that's great if you do not believe in the Supreme Court or laws....."

And given that we do not follow the 'laws of Christianity' (Hell, Christians cannot even agree on what version is correct), but we follow the laws of the land and the Constitution in form of federal State, administrative code, etc, the YOUR religious beliefs do not actually interest me.

Nor do the religious rantings of any former or current President.....

Well, he was a popular actor, reading his screenplay!

Easy to talk to masses like that .....it was his job for many years (mostly in front of a camera) :P:P

Jeez, folks like you are living in the past and in their dreams.

Berliners ought to hold him in higher esteem. Unification would have taken longer without him.