Shotgun

Obama (finally) declares support for same-sex marriage.

sorry but:

Definition of Research -
In the broadest sense of the word, the definition of research includes any gathering of data, information and facts for the advancement of knowledge.
The key word being 'facts'. Would I base a research paper about rabbits by only reading 'Peter Cottentail'.
you can't use some kind of religious website as a guide for forming your own beliefs without also using an opposing website to actually stimulate logical thought and reasoning. but there I go - equating religions thought with logic and reason. ah for the days of the Spainish Inquisition.

You are going tangential. I was just trying to help you out. You were making statements about Dr. Luke that were foolish because they were based on ignorance.

Obviously, you don't need my help. You are just too smart for me.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Obama supports gay marriage?!?!?!?!

I'm so voting for Romney

Why, do you like bullies?

www.chicagotribune.com/business/bizwrap/la-pn-romney-apologies-after-bullying-incidents-in-high-school-revealed-20120510,0,622342.story

So you are going to post this in two threads?

My god John

THANK YOU!!!!!

:D:D

Family of Romney’s Alleged Bully Victim Speaks Out: ‘The Portrayal of John Is Factually Incorrect’

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/family-of-romneys-alleged-bully-victim-speaks-out-the-portrayal-of-john-is-factually-incorrect/

We all know there is more of this kind of stuff coming

They will make it up if they have too

But if it follows the same jounalistic standars as the Post, well, it will be a fun election cycle
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

well, you're certainly right about that last statement - because I consider myself to be a thinking, rational being that isn't swayed by superstitious beliefs that others have force fed me.
oh - by the way - I checked out the fact filled website that you sited - WHAT A LAUGH!

well, you're certainly right about that last statement - because I consider myself to be a thinking, rational being that isn't swayed by superstitious beliefs that others have force fed me.
oh - by the way - I checked out the fact filled website that you sited - WHAT A LAUGH!

Your a liberal then

You know what is best for you, the planet and everyone else

Anyone who does not agree with you (cause you are so smart) is stupid, ignorant, brainwashed or religous

And you voted for and will vote again for Obama

Does that about nail it?
Abraham Lincoln

actually, it's very sad!

MLK's dream was that of a color blind society. it that context, we as a nation, should be "evolving" towards removal of the "race" and "gender" check box on ALL job applications.

the most qualified should get the position not the decision based of a racial/gender equation.

Your a liberal then

Anyone who does not agree with you (cause you are so smart) is stupid, ignorant, brainwashed or religous

Does that about nail it?

marc, please remember that it's the playbook, no science or sense of right or wrong is involved. see below link.......
http://vcn.bc.ca/citizens-handbook/rules.html

actually, it's very sad!

MLK's dream was that of a color blind society. it that context, we as a nation, should be "evolving" towards removal of the "race" and "gender" check box on ALL job applications.

the most qualified should get the position not the decision based of a racial/gender equation.

It is sad

As long as the blacks look to those like Sharpton they will always consider themselves to be vitims

And while very little is fair (and blacks have been through more than most) to keep that mentality fosters one to look at what is owed them, rather than, what can I accomplish?

And, in all races, there will always be those who alway look for handouts and others to blame for their situation
Abraham Lincoln

Your a liberal then

Does that about nail it?

marc, please remember that it's the playbook, no science or sense of right or wrong is involved. see below link.......
http://vcn.bc.ca/citizens-handbook/rules.html

Yep

Which creats the attitude I posted about
Abraham Lincoln

yep - I'm a liberal
I believe in peoples rights
I would have been against slavery (bible says it's ok)
I am for women's rights (bible says that they should be subserviant)
I am pro-choice (a woman has the right to decide what is going on with her body)
I am anti-religion WHEN it is used to step on the rights of other people.

>As I stated above, BHO's decision is going to cost him dearly in the Black
>community, middle class mothers and seniors.

Looks like he took the honorable and courageous route, then - sacrificing votes to support what he believes in, rather than pandering to popular opinion.

You can't say the bible is the way we must follow, then later just pick and choose the bits to suit you and your bigoted arguments! You either believe it all, or none of it.

If you say you choose to ignore the OT why not just ignore the whole existence of god as he is referenced in the OT?

And another problem I have, Jesus WAS a Jew so was surely subject to the same requirements of the OT including the shellfish, mixed linen, stoning of women, slavery etc. But why is it ok to follow him, but not his beliefs..... oh wait, 90% of them no longer are applicable anymore (or EVER) so we have to drop them to fit in but hell, we might as make the gays suffer just so we have someone to pick on...

Actually just thinking about it, on top of the 10 commandments, didn't Jesus come up with his own commandments which basically can be summed up as be nice to one an other and treat EVERYONE as YOU would like to be treated. A quick search and he came up with like, 40 http://patriot.net/~bmcgin/pearl-thecommandmentsofjesus.html and I do not see "Do not be a homosexual" under ANY of them?

So ignoring the OT and only taking the words of Jesus (not lesser humans who followed him making their own interpretations, let's stick with 'primary references' here) why deny homosexuals an equal life to you?

You can't say the bible is the way we must follow, then later just pick and choose the bits to suit you and your bigoted arguments! You either believe it all, or none of it.

If you say you choose to ignore the OT why not just ignore the whole existence of god as he is referenced in the OT?

Oh dear, you just don't know about Jewish Law and the fulfillment of the Law in Christ. Or about God's grace in the New Testament. I would strongly suggest you take your concerns to your local pastor for clarification. This forum is just not an applicable medium for such a lengthy and comprehensive study.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I wonder if Biden forced his hand. It seems more like political courage than expediency, which is unusual for Obama.

Yes he did.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/sns-bc-us--gaymarriage-biden,0,3854441.story

As usual, this comes down to politics. Biden apologizing to Obama for making Obama come forward with his stance before the best political opportunity to do so. Obama didn't want to let it out that he supports gay marriage until there was the biggest political hay to make from it.

This, of course, could have been months. Or years. Of people waiting for a president to speak out.

Biden's big mouth actually did some good for once. One of the things I like about Biden IS that he speaks his mind, and to hell with the consequences.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

>As I stated above, BHO's decision is going to cost him dearly in the Black
>community, middle class mothers and seniors.

Looks like he took the honorable and courageous route, then - sacrificing votes to support what he believes in, rather than pandering to popular opinion.

Then why isn't the WH repealing DOMA? Seems to me he's not being all that courageous... especially in light of his "I'm for it" / "I'm against it!" election year cycle.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

I think government has no place in marriage period.

The flip side of that argument: should religion have the final say on what constitutes the definition of marriage?

If all were civil unions, they or anyone else could call it and define it however they wanted within their group.

I think eventually gays will get the right to marry, which is unfortunate as that will mean that the government is still involved and the next group that wants to recognize their union will have to go through all this again. [:/]
Stupidity if left untreated is self-correcting
If ya can't be good, look good, if that fails, make 'em laugh.

Your lack of NT knowledge aside, as well as contemporary Judaism, there is no natural or logical law that says I have to believe all or none. I'm perfectly capable of believing some, and not others. I could easily reject one book (or books) as not cannon, or claim that certain lines were interjected after the fact if I wanted. Or, I could just say for any reason, "Nope, not going to follow that"
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

The flip side of that argument: should religion have the final say on what constitutes the definition of marriage?

If all were civil unions, they or anyone else could call it and define it however they wanted within their group.

I think eventually gays will get the right to marry, which is unfortunate as that will mean that the government is still involved and the next group that wants to recognize their union will have to go through all this again. [:/]

Again, you keep complaining that government is too involved and my response is that religion is too involved.

What "next group" did you have in mind, BTW?

Again, you keep complaining that government is too involved and my response is that religion is too involved.

What "next group" did you have in mind, BTW?

And my point is religion is involved because government involved them. Religion want to hang onto that power even though we should have complete separation between church and state.

Who knows what the next group will be? Bigamists, polygamists, etc.People are becoming more tolerant of others and what lifestyles they choose.

The whole point is that government should not be in the business of legislating "morality." What consenting adults do between each other is their own business. Legalize all drugs, prostitution, pretty much anything that doesn't involve minors.

Legalize all drugs, prostitution, pretty much anything that doesn't involve minors.

Yep, and when we get desensitized and depraved enough for that, then we can involve minors...like limiting the age of consent to physical sexual maturity...who are we to argue with nature?
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Legalize all drugs, prostitution, pretty much anything that doesn't involve minors.

Yep, and when we get desensitized and depraved enough for that, then we can involve minors...like limiting the age of consent to physical sexual maturity...who are we to argue with nature?

People use drugs and pay for sex anyways regardless of legality so not sure how decriminalizing these acts has any impact on desensitization or depravity on society as a whole. Those that oppose can still oppose and choose not to do it. Just because something is legal doesn't mean people are forced to do it. States that now allow gay marriage are not forcing straight people to gay marry. :P

you're the one talking about government not legislating morality...why is your morality ok and not others?

...and btw, it seems like you're saying that religion is the source of morality...sheesh, more doublethink.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

you're the one talking about government not legislating morality...why is your morality ok and not others?

...and btw, it seems like you're saying that religion is the source of morality...sheesh, more doublethink.

I'm not saying my morality is right for anyone but me nor would I want to force my "values" on others. At the same time I don't want someone else's forced on me. Let consenting adults make their own choices.

I'm not opposed to morals and values, I'm opposed to any legislation that makes certain acts between consenting adults illegal or criminal.