Shotgun

Obama (finally) declares support for same-sex marriage.

I think government has no place in marriage period. They should all be civil unions.

Note to self: Write in "Bolas" on ballot this fall.

write it in often - That means EVERY time you vote this year for president - not just the first 4 times

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

If Romney takes a stand either way . . .

Oh, I think he was pretty quick to come out and say that he still opposes gay marriage and civil unions, and that he won't ever change his mind on that issue.

OK - so Obama says (this week) he's for it, but he won't do anything about it. And Mitt is still opposed.

So what really happened to improve the state of equality???? (except for voting for Bolas which would make things equal).

Nothing - it's just shallow, impotent, PR.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

"We've arrived at a point where the president of the United States is going to lead a war on traditional marriage." Rush Limbaugh, 5/10/2012.

None of his THREE ex-wives had any comment.

Indeed. Mr. Limbaugh has done quite enough to destroy the sanctity of marriage. As have heterosexuals in general.

And again, Limbaugh uses that stupid ass "war on marriage" terminology. So easy to describe people merely seeking the opportunity to do what others do as a "war" on marriage.

Limbaugh's a dick.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

OK - so Obama says (this week) he's for it, but he won't do anything about it. And Mitt is still opposed.

So what really happened to improve the state of equality????

Nothing immediately happened, and maybe nothing will happen. But I think it's a historical moment when we have the President and Vice President stating that they support same-sex marriage. To me, it's a sign of progress. I mean, less than ten years ago, we still had a number of states that had active laws against same-sex couples even having sex with each other.

why all the excitement

He just fliped (or flopped) again

Nothing has changed
Nothing will change
No proposal offered
Just made him some money and got Mattews leg all tingley again

Obama in 1996: “I favor legalizing same-sex marriages,and would fight efforts to prohibit such marriages."

Obama in 2004: My religious faith dictates marriage is between a man and a woman, gay marriage is not a civil right.

Obama in 2008: I believe marriage is the union between a man and a woman. As a Christian it's also a sacred union.

Obama in 2008: I support civil unions.

Obama in 2010: My feelings about this are constantly evolving. I struggle with this.

Nothing new here

Time to move along

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/an-obama-gay-marriage-timeline

videos for each comment
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

:S
so, how does that handle that pesky shellfish problem??

In the book of Acts, God declares, to Peter, that all animals/foods are acceptable for consumption. Pass the cocktail sauce and drawn butter with lemon please.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>and that he won't ever change his mind on that issue.

Until his next etch-a-sketch moment, that is. Perhaps he'll take credit for legalizing gay marriage in New York.

You must not have gotten the memo

It is called evolving or and evolution now
Abraham Lincoln

:S
so, how does that handle that pesky shellfish problem??

In the book of Acts, God declares, to Peter, that all animals/foods are acceptable for consumption. Pass the cocktail sauce and drawn butter with lemon please.

There goes that bipolar God of yours, flip flopping again.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

You still never answered those up thread asking how this is different from desegregation years ago? I was also wondering if you can elaborate clearly the differences, please. Thanks!
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)

evidently the guy that wrote Acts liked shrimp, lobster and ribs. how convenient.

He was a Greek physician who took on the task of recording history from first person narratives i.e., personal interviews.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Obama supports gay marriage again?!?!?!?!

I'm so voting for Romney

FIFY
Abraham Lincoln

God is not flip-flopping. His followers are having the difficulty.

http://www.npr.org/2012/05/11/152466134/same-bible-different-verdict-on-gay-marriage?ft=1&f=1001

As I stated above, BHO's decision is going to cost him dearly in the Black community, middle class mothers and seniors. His loss of support among Blacks, et al., cannot be overcome by the liberal democrats and LGBT folks.

so you're saying that he had a 'personal interview' with his god? or maybe was it thru one of his minions that maybe got the facts wrong. was he sure that it was the real thing and not just some shrub that was on fire?

You need to do some research in order to continue with some semblance of maturity.

http://www.biblegateway.com/

God is not flip-flopping. His followers are having the difficulty.

http://www.npr.org/2012/05/11/152466134/same-bible-different-verdict-on-gay-marriage?ft=1&f=1001

As I stated above, BHO's decision is going to cost him dearly in the Black community, middle class mothers and seniors. His loss of support among Blacks, et al., cannot be overcome by the liberal democrats and LGBT folks.

looks like "evolving" in the nick of time has it's own rewards............

Obama touts gay marriage stance at Hollywood fundraiser, as event raises nearly $15M

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/11/obama-touts-gay-marriage-stance-at-hollywood-fundraiser-as-event-raises-nearly/

sorry but:

Definition of Research -
In the broadest sense of the word, the definition of research includes any gathering of data, information and facts for the advancement of knowledge.
The key word being 'facts'. Would I base a research paper about rabbits by only reading 'Peter Cottentail'.
you can't use some kind of religious website as a guide for forming your own beliefs without also using an opposing website to actually stimulate logical thought and reasoning. but there I go - equating religions thought with logic and reason. ah for the days of the Spainish Inquisition.

Obama supports gay marriage?!?!?!?!

I'm so voting for Romney

Why, do you like bullies?

www.chicagotribune.com/business/bizwrap/la-pn-romney-apologies-after-bullying-incidents-in-high-school-revealed-20120510,0,622342.story

So you are going to post this in two threads?

My god John

THANK YOU!!!!!

:D:D
Abraham Lincoln

Obama supports gay marriage?!?!?!?!

I'm so voting for Romney

Why, do you like bullies?

www.chicagotribune.com/business/bizwrap/la-pn-romney-apologies-after-bullying-incidents-in-high-school-revealed-20120510,0,622342.story

So you are going to post this in two threads?

My god John

THANK YOU!!!!!

:D:D

Family of Romney’s Alleged Bully Victim Speaks Out: ‘The Portrayal of John Is Factually Incorrect’

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/family-of-romneys-alleged-bully-victim-speaks-out-the-portrayal-of-john-is-factually-incorrect/