marks2065

Why is there no liberal crying for this?

http://news.yahoo.com/us-muslim-tortured-fbis-behest-uae-153507891.html

If this had happened 4 years ago the liberal media would have crucified the right for months and a congressional investigation would be starting in congress, but all I have heard is crickets in the dark.
I am not saying this is right or wrong since I don't know the details, just wondering why the left hasn't made this a headline story. Is it because it is under Obama's watch and we can't have negative stories in an election year?

>just wondering why the left hasn't made this a headline story.

Probably the same reason the conservative media said absolutely nothing when Romney claimed that mothers didn't work - but went into hysterics when a democrat said it. It's the "other guy."

Probably the same reason the conservative media said absolutely nothing when Romney claimed that mothers didn't work - but went into hysterics when a democrat said it. It's the "other guy."

Torture of US Citizen /= comments made by presidential candidate.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Torture of US Citizen /= comments made by presidential candidate.

I think if it was relevant because it happened under Bush it is relevant now. Is it to much for the media to treat stories as stories, not good or bad based on political views? It is hard to trust we are getting the actual and relevant news when it gets filtered through a political strainer.

It's just like baseball...when the home team's pitcher tries to pick off the runner at first, it's no big deal. But when the other guy does it, the stadium erupts with outrage...but the good thing is that baseball is just a game.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

You know how you didn't care when it happened under Bush, or maybe even supported such activities, but oppose them now that it's under Obama? Obviously there are folks on the other side of the aisle who mirror your level of concern.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

You know how you didn't care when it happened under Bush, or maybe even supported such activities, but oppose them now that it's under Obama? Obviously there are folks on the other side of the aisle who mirror your level of concern.

Blues,
Dave

I didn't say I opposed this, I do support some torture for some reasons, and I feel that sometimes they go to far. This may have been one that I approve of. What my statement was about is that the left is not beating the drums and crying fowl that it is happening under Obama's watch. Does that mean it is ok to do under a democrat but not a republican, or does the left really think it is ok but needed a tool to run the republicans out of office?

Then why was it not ok when the right "wanted to get the job done?"

I think most "liberals" will agree the biggest failure of Obama's presidency has been the continuation and expansion of Bush's Orwellian policies, but examples like this demonstrate there really is very little difference politically between the two parties.

Both parties are basically corporate owned entities with slightly different strategies for placating the masses. It's all a dog & pony show designed to divide and distract the populace. Those with their hands on the levers of power love that we idiots are down here bickering about Obama vs Bush.

Political Science 101. I'm here all week folks.

I think most "liberals" will agree the biggest failure of Obama's presidency has been the continuation and expansion of Bush's Orwellian policies, but examples like this demonstrate there really is very little difference politically between the two parties.

Example: "In his first three years, Obama has unleashed 268 covert drone strikes, five times the total George W. Bush ordered during his eight years in office."

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-rise-of-the-killer-drones-how-america-goes-to-war-in-secret-20120416#ixzz1sV8MnpgF
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

Both parties are basically corporate owned entities with slightly different strategies for placating the masses. It's all a dog & pony show designed to divide and distract the populace. Those with their hands on the levers of power love that we idiots are down here bickering about Obama vs Bush.

I just want fair and balanced reports to make an inteligent decision, and I want people to be consistant with their positions. The media is supposed to work for us, not the political party they like.

Example: "In his first three years, Obama has unleashed 268 covert drone strikes, five times the total George W. Bush ordered during his eight years in office."

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-rise-of-the-killer-drones-how-america-goes-to-war-in-secret-20120416#ixzz1sV8MnpgF

But remember that the Irac was the good war, like any war is good. They may be needed and necesary but never are they good, unless you are Obama trying to get elected.

+1
I know it just wouldnt be right to kill all the stupid people that we meet..

But do you think it would be appropriate to just remove all of the warning labels and let nature take its course.

What are your office hours, sir?:)
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

>Both parties are basically corporate owned entities with slightly different
>strategies for placating the masses. It's all a dog & pony show designed to
>divide and distract the populace.

Agreed. Although Hanlon's Law definitely applies here - never ascribe to malice what can be adequately explained by incompetence and laziness. The easiest way to get re-elected is to follow the pollsters and the spin doctors, and that's what both sides do.

I think most "liberals" will agree the biggest failure of Obama's presidency has been the continuation and expansion of Bush's Orwellian policies,

I have no doubt this is a true statement. Sad, but true. I hope I am able to stop laughing out loud, soon.

We will be anxiously awaiting more gems like the above. :D

But remember that the Irac was the good war, like any war is good.

What?? In terms of what we historically refer to as "good wars", I don't think Iraq-II was ever widely seen as a "good war".

sorry I meant to say the afgan war, not the iraq war. when Obama was running for pres it was said that the afgan war was the good war.

But remember that the Irac was the good war, like any war is good.

What?? In terms of what we historically refer to as "good wars", I don't think Iraq-II was ever widely seen as a "good war".

sorry I meant to say the afgan war, not the iraq war.

OK, fair enough.

when Obama was running for pres it was said that the afgan war was the good war.

The problem is that the Afghan war was "the good war" for a matter of months after 9/11 - no more. Then it became the neglected war because we were fighting "the wrong war" (Iraq).

Which brings us to today: what the fuck are we still doing in Afghanistan? Why haven't we long-since pulled out? It's not for any legitimate strategic reason. It's for the same reason why, although LBJ hugely escalated the Vietnam war, Nixon & Kissinger kept us in there for 5 more years (when Humphrey or RFK would have pulled us out within a year): pure pride and politics. "Peace with Honor", etc. Those of us old enough to have witnessed that history recognize it now that it's being repeated.