wlsc

Israeli strike on Iran would devastate Mideast

As Iran will attack shipping which will drag the US into war.

Ya know how absolutely no country in the world can compete in the skies against the US? Well, it's like that on the seas as well.

If Iran decided to engage in a naval battle against US ships in the Gulf, they would meet a very quick demise. It will be far, FAR easier of the US to attack those units as well since there would be no question whether they are or aren't military targets. No question whether or not there are civilians to worry about.

And the US is -very- good at it.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

As Iran will attack shipping which will drag the US into war.

Ya know how absolutely no country in the world can compete in the skies against the US? Well, it's like that on the seas as well.

If Iran decided to engage in a naval battle against US ships in the Gulf, they would meet a very quick demise. It will be far, FAR easier of the US to attack those units as well since there would be no question whether they are or aren't military targets. No question whether or not there are civilians to worry about.

And the US is -very- good at it.

Even though they are very good at it they've still lost the Afghan war.

A strike by Israel = US/Iran at war.

"Lost" isn't exactly how I'd ever put it. The US was never at war with Afghanistan. There was a war against a certain faction of people in Afghanistan and by all accounts those people are now either dead or dispersed. That issue being over, it's simply time for the US to leave.

Not necessarily. Israel has stuck before (not Iran, but Iraq) and it didn't require the US to get involved.

However, I can assure you that any action by Iran against Israel or US forces in the Gulf will be met with swift and certain retribution. If that requires the US entering into a war, then perhaps Iran should understand that before pulling the trigger.

Lastly, you seem to think the US would be opposed to going to war in Iran. Let me assure you there is a faction of businesses and people in the US who would jump at the chance.

In other words, your statement isn't any sort of threat -- it's more like an invitation to a party.
quade -

"Lost" isn't exactly how I'd ever put it. The US was never at war with Afghanistan. There was a war against a certain faction of people in Afghanistan and by all accounts those people are now either dead or dispersed. That issue being over, it's simply time for the US to leave.

Not necessarily. Israel has stuck before and it didn't require the US to get involved.

However, I can assure you that any action by Iran against Israel or US forces in the Gulf will be met with swift and certain retribution. If that requires the US entering into a war, then perhaps Iran should understand that before pulling the trigger.

Lastly, you seem to think the US would be opposed to going to war in Iran. Let me assure you there is a very large faction of businesses and people in the US who would jump at the chance.

In other words, your statement isn't any sort of threat -- it's more like an invitation to a party.

The US went to war with Afghanistan/Pakistan and lost. The World understands that - and the spin you put on your retreat. A while back the US proxy at the time went to war with Iran and lost. The US will also lose if it goes to war directly with Iran. Oil supplies will freeze up. China will not be happy. You're going to the party already blind drunk. Enjoy it.

The US went to war with Afghanistan/Pakistan...

Nope. Not even close.

The US went to the Afghanistan and Pakistan on a search and destroy mission against the terrorist organization, al-qaeda. If you'd like to know who won and who lost, I suggest you speak with Mr. bin Laden.

The US holds no ill will against the non-terrorists of either country.

I have no idea how you ever got the impression the US was at war with the countries mentioned, but it's simply untrue.
quade -

The US went to war with Afghanistan/Pakistan...

Nope. Not even close.

The US went to the Afghanistan and Pakistan on a search and destroy mission against the terrorist organization, al-qaeda. If you'd like to know who won and who lost, I suggest you speak with Mr. bin Laden.

The US holds no ill will against the non-terrorists of either country.

I have no idea how you ever got the impression the US was at war with the countries mentioned, but it's simply untrue.

Mr Laden was highly effective in his use of Shock and Awe. As a result a decade later the US is far weaker than it would have been if it hadn't been led into the Iraqi debacle. Now it's about to declare war on Iran on behalf of a nuclear armed Israel. Laden must be laughing in his grave. All he did was set the first domino going.

If you'd like to know who won and who lost, I suggest you speak with Mr. bin Laden.

It took the entire U.S. military complex TEN YEARS to grease that asshole. That in itself was a defeat. I shake my head every time I hear about someone talking about it with pride.

On topic: I agree with you that the U.S. would be the decisive winner in a sea war against Iran. Problem is, how would it JUST be a sea war? How could this conceivably not play out just like Iraq and Afghanistan, with U.S. soldiers fighting a locally unpopular war with an unseen enemy, unless it was a true slash-and-burn offensive against every man, woman, and child of Iran? This would take care of the "unseen enemy" part but leave us even more hated by the world community.

I also don't see how it could possibly benefit the U.S. even if we did win such a war. Even if we turned Iran and every terrorist within its borders into dust, it would only give terrorist organizations all over the world even more reason to hate us.

Elvisio "fish out of water" Rodriguez

If you'd like to know who won and who lost, I suggest you speak with Mr. bin Laden.

It took the entire U.S. military complex TEN YEARS to grease that asshole. That in itself was a defeat. I shake my head every time I hear about someone talking about it with pride.

Not proud about it, not saying it couldn't have happened a LOT quicker if other things hadn't side tracked us either, but the fact remains he's dead.
quade -

Let’s not forget, Bin Laden, a past ally and militant trainee of the American government, NEVER publicly confessed to having any involvement in the 9/11 attacks. In fact, on two occasions he publicly denied all knowledge. Given his hate of all things American and the kudos gained in orchestrating such a master plan – surely he would have been proud to shout about it from every roof top?
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.”

Iran will attack shipping which will drag the US into war.

The US went to war with Afghanistan/Pakistan and lost.

Laden must be laughing in his grave. All he did was set the first domino going.

Let’s not forget, Bin Laden, a past ally and militant trainee of the American government, NEVER publicly confessed to having any involvement in the 9/11 attacks.

Ahhhh... I love speakers corner...

Let’s not forget, Bin Laden, a past ally and militant trainee of the American government, NEVER publicly confessed to having any involvement in the 9/11 attacks. In fact, on two occasions he publicly denied all knowledge. Given his hate of all things American and the kudos gained in orchestrating such a master plan – surely he would have been proud to shout about it from every roof top?

oh, goodie, a truther.

Not proud about it, not saying it couldn't have happened a LOT quicker if other things hadn't side tracked us either, but the fact remains he's dead.

We all end up dead mate. A lot more will end up dead when the big US/Iran war starts. This one will finish the Empire off for China to neatly take its place as top dog.

We all end up dead mate. A lot more will end up dead when the big US/Iran war starts. This one will finish the Empire off for China to neatly take its place as top dog.

China is already there, and has been for several years. We're the only ones who don't know it yet...

Elvisio "at least eating with chopsticks is fun" rodriguez

I have no doubt that the US could destroy Iran's military. No doubt at all. The problem is paying for it with our children and grandchildren's money that won't exist if we don't rein in our debt. [:/]

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

China is already there, and has been for several years. We're the only ones who don't know it yet...

probably need to review GDP and per capita GDP then. China is a long ways off still and has looming problems with the population, pollution, inflation that may derail it. I wouldn't bet against them, but you only need consider how it worked out for Japan in the same quest.

Ah ok I see. but since theres as many web sites saying either it is rather hard to figure out. I read the book by Prof David Ray Griffin, it seemed to make sense to me. It was a very well researched book. Wiki isn't the tell all of accurate information. Neither you or I know exactly nor are we likely too anytime soon. Check out Griffin's book, cant hurt.

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=18923
Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.”

CRAP!
That would mean I would have to start walking to work when it's like $100 to fill up the fracking tank!

Screw this! If i had to choose between Israel and me walking....please no contest! Isreal shmiseal...I got a car!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!