AMax

Who will win the 2012 presidential elections

My message is, Beware of the Muslim Following Liberals.

I consider myself liberal and I'm not Muslim. Nor do I remotely believe in Islam. Additionally, I know a lot of liberals because I live in a very liberal part of the country. Moreover, most of the liberals I know are freaked by burqas and al-Quaeda.

So how many Muslim-following liberals do you think there really are? Are there a lot of them in your part of the country?

I think it went right over your head. Oh well, my bad. Did you vote for or do you now support Obama?

(Edit: Disregard my question. I just read your reply to me in the ODS thread.)

To answer your last question, there are a frighting amount of Muslims in my part of the country.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

You didn't answer his question. You said there are a frightening number of Muslims where you live. How many Muslims comprise a frightening number?

And as for "muslim following liberals", wtf?? Most muslims are pretty conservative. I don't know too many liberals who follow islam.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

You didn't answer his question. You said there are a frightening number of Muslims where you live. How many Muslims comprise a frightening number?

And as for "muslim following liberals", wtf?? Most muslims are pretty conservative. I don't know too many liberals who follow islam.

Three, if they are coming toward me.

You missed the joke also. Let it go, it was a spur of the moment attempt at humor.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Oh, it's late and I'm about to rant.

And I think theres some kid's playing on your lawn.

Yes, yes there is. Conservatism is a product of maturity.

***Oh, it's late and I'm about to rant.

And I think theres some kid's playing on your lawn.

Yes, yes there is. Conservatism is a product of maturity.

And maturity is a product of being capable of ignoring irrational and manufactured fears.

>there are a frighting amount of Muslims in my part of the country.

And blacks! (only gangstas and thugs) And homoshhheshxuals! (They're funny as long as they are not married) And independent women! (Did you ever associate with one that wasn't? We screwed up when we gave them the right to vote.) And hippies! (They're burned out and gone. The survivors are middle class now or rich so they no longer qualify.) Pretty soon there won't be any decent people left.

And that is why I am sniffing around the park looking for dogs to run in my pack. My life according to Andy9o8.

Please do not misunderstand, I am not predicting the end of the world, the Rapture or the Second Advent. I am just deeply concerned about the collapse of our economy, our moral value system and our social structure.

My message is, Beware of the Muslim Following Liberals. Social justice is the battle cry of the enemy.

It's usually bad to combine rants together. The scary Sharia law adhering Muslims won't even get a home mortgage, as the paying of (or collecting) is wrong. So they seem unlikely to incur 10T in debt like the GOP did, or the extra 5T or so from Obama's first term. If he is really a closet Muslim, he's doing a good job at throwing us off the scent.

So they seem unlikely to incur 10T in debt like the GOP did

4.899 T in straight dollars for the entire Bush term.

or the extra 5T or so from Obama's first term.

4.958 T to date - 101.2% of the debt in 39.6% of the time....can't WAIT to see what "Fore" more years gets us.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Getting back to the OP.

It seems to me that the Republicans are now in the same position with Mitt Romney that the Democrats were in with John Kerry in 2004.

They've got an uninspiring candidate whose best quality is that he's not Obama, just as Kerry's best quality (for the Dems) was that he's not bush.

So if my analysis is correct, the incumbent president will be reelected.
Speed Racer
--------------------------------------------------

I will say that the current likely Republican choice (Romney) is better than most of the others, with the possible exception of Paul.

The biggest problem with Paul is that he doesn't believe in compromise. In a country with 300 million people, and 635 congresscritters, it's not like he's going to get anything done without it.

Those on the right will have to acknowledge the rights of the ones on the left to exist. Those on the left will have to acknowledge the rights of the ones on the right to exist. No one is going to be completely happy. But all those people everyone disagrees with are real people, too.

Wendy P.

RP's biggest problem is there is a 3 way, concerted effort between right, left, and the media to silence & ignore him. He didn't even get 90 seconds of air time on one debate. They pretend he can't get elected, and then when he almost wins Iowa (but doesnt) they play it up and create a self fulfilling prophecy with voters that might have picked him later.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

I will say that the current likely Republican choice (Romney) is better than most of the others, with the possible exception of Paul.

The biggest problem with Paul is that he doesn't believe in compromise. In a country with 300 million people, and 635 congresscritters, it's not like he's going to get anything done without it.

Those on the right will have to acknowledge the rights of the ones on the left to exist. Those on the left will have to acknowledge the rights of the ones on the right to exist. No one is going to be completely happy. But all those people everyone disagrees with are real people, too.

Wendy P.

RP's biggest problem is there is a 3 way, concerted effort between right, left, and the media to silence & ignore him. He didn't even get 90 seconds of air time on one debate. They pretend he can't get elected, and then when he almost wins Iowa (but doesnt) they play it up and create a self fulfilling prophecy with voters that might have picked him later.

That's some conspiracy there! Truth is, the Left and Right and Media does not have to make it an "effort" to ignore him. It's very easy to ignore him. They don't have to "pretend" his unelectability, he really is unelectable. There seem to be some innocence in the people who champion this guy.
Politics, in general, is about spin. But I doubt the words I put in quotations are intentional spin; but accidental spin because they have to believe that this great man is kept down rather than the reality.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

That's some conspiracy there! Truth is, the Left and Right and Media does not have to make it an "effort" to ignore him. It's very easy to ignore him. They don't have to "pretend" his unelectability, he really is unelectable. There seem to be some innocence in the people who champion this guy.
Politics, in general, is about spin. But I doubt the words I put in quotations are intentional spin; but accidental spin because they have to believe that this great man is kept down rather than the reality.

Not really. You think 90 seconds in a debate wasn't deliberate?

Can find stuff like this all day.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-august-15-2011/indecision-2012---corn-polled-edition---ron-paul---the-top-tier

With debates, its the top runners who get the most time. If you paid attention to all candidates, you would realize that the bottom half always was asked on the least. Problem is, you are relying on a joke news source for your information. Their style of entertainment is for laughs and they spin it for laughs. Think about it, who is the goofiest bottom candidtates that is ignored? Makes for entertainment, doesn't it.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

I'm not relying on them for news at all. I'm pointing out that they've nailed both sides of the news fence with something that's pretty obvious.

Did you even watch the clip? Can you really defend any and all news sources deliberately skipping OVER RP and then subsequently saying, well, let's not count this and that guy out of the race yet (guys who won a whopping 60 something votes). Seriously. That's insane.

Or, are you going to defend the clip where they joke about not wanting RP footage even though he is in the race, but wanting to get Sarah Palin footage who is definitely NOT in the race? I mean really. That's insane.

Or, we could go back when Iowa had yet to be decided, and RP looked like he could actually win it (and almost did). The MSM (Fox too) practically lost their collective minds.

Anyway, on my take, this isn't as much a thing against the MSM/Fox for not giving RP a fair shake, but rather the complete disservice the media does to our process. The RP just highlights the matter.

Catherine Crier did an interview recently on PBS that more or less speaks to this (not RP, but the matter at large):

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/tavissmiley/interviews/award-winning-tv-broadcaster-catherine-crier/?show=12625

Transcript at the bottom if you don't want to sit through it. In short, she's blasting both the right, left, and the media for destroying what this country use to be and was intended to be.

I'm not relying on them for news at all. I'm pointing out that they've nailed both sides of the news fence with something that's pretty obvious.

Did you even watch the clip? Can you really defend any and all news sources deliberately skipping OVER RP and then subsequently saying, well, let's not count this and that guy out of the race yet (guys who won a whopping 60 something votes). Seriously. That's insane.

Or, are you going to defend the clip where they joke about not wanting RP footage even though he is in the race, but wanting to get Sarah Palin footage who is definitely NOT in the race? I mean really. That's insane.

Or, we could go back when Iowa had yet to be decided, and RP looked like he could actually win it (and almost did). The MSM (Fox too) practically lost their collective minds.

Anyway, on my take, this isn't as much a thing against the MSM/Fox for not giving RP a fair shake, but rather the complete disservice the media does to our process. The RP just highlights the matter.

Catherine Crier did an interview recently on PBS that more or less speaks to this (not RP, but the matter at large):

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/tavissmiley/interviews/award-winning-tv-broadcaster-catherine-crier/?show=12625

Transcript at the bottom if you don't want to sit through it. In short, she's blasting both the right, left, and the media for destroying what this country use to be and was intended to be.

Sum it all up. The news sources are Big Buisness. they are in it for the money. All news, including comedy, has thier own brand of spin for their own purposes. There is no such thing as "fair" with media owned by the stockholders. RP never even has to be allowed to be shown.

So in the end. RP does not have the political power or the emotional intelligence to get the Media to work in his favor. He can't do that tidbit, he cant play with the big boys out in the world. They will eat him up.

Sum it all up. The news sources are Big Buisness. they are in it for the money.

Yuuuup....And Obama was big bucks. They marketed him to the same stupid people watching American idol and Jersey shore. Rock the Vote!

It's a country fool of morons...majority rule.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

You should read the transcript on the Crier interview if you haven't.

As for RP specifically, I don't think he wants the media to work in his favor in the sense that he'd have to compromise who he is in order to do so. The big boys of the world may be who they are, but going to the larger picture, they aren't at all looking after anyone, they're -- with us as a whole -- are fulling Adams' prophecy that democracies commit suicide, and that "we would end up with an aristocracy and that the people would willingly abdicate their role."

So, if I were RP or in RP's head, I would think saying he "can't" play with them is a compliment.

You should read the transcript on the Crier interview if you haven't.

As for RP specifically, I don't think he wants the media to work in his favor in the sense that he'd have to compromise who he is in order to do so. The big boys of the world may be who they are, but going to the larger picture, they aren't at all looking after anyone, they're -- with us as a whole -- are fulling Adams' prophecy that democracies commit suicide, and that "we would end up with an aristocracy and that the people would willingly abdicate their role."

So, if I were RP or in RP's head, I would think saying he "can't" play with them is a compliment.

It is a compliment. He protrays himself as a maverick among corrupt snakes. I'll agree. I believe his intentions are morally sound. It's just that politics isn't his arena. He's bringing his hipprocratic oath to an arena that doesn't apply.

About his being pushed out. They are pushing him. But he's letting them. His process isn't on par with the American political environment. This isn't the place for Eagle Scouts. He isn't playing the game. As I said before, he's not using the media the right way. You can't change the rules till you earn the top. He has not earned right to make a push in any progress or change till he learns the dicipline of the game, understands it, then on top, make the changes. He can't even make it to the top. Reminds me of those junior sailors that whines about Navy issues, but isn't willing to do the drudge of working their way to a position of having ability to effect change. he will never get the nomination now. He knows it, but he's still running. Just like as if to show the world that the world is against him. The reality is, its easier for him to be the underdog and get pathetic sympathy than to actually have a can-do attitude and run a real election. Only a few believe he's actually some sort of hero. Everyone else thinks he's a tool.