jclalor

Florida Teen Shot

he used the term "voting" Floridians.
I can verify that I know of at least 25 registered voters that were never asked......
So the datum submitted is, again, incorrect, useless, and offers nothing to the discussion.

your counterproof isn't compelling either. You don't need to poll your 25 friends to get a statistically valid result.

To claim that a certain percentage of voters voted one way implies that all voters were polled. They were not.

"42% of Florida voters support the "Stand Your Ground" law, and 32% oppose it" Is an outright misleading and incorrect statement.

To claim that a certain percentage of voters voted one way implies that all voters were polled. They were not.

"42% of Florida voters support the "Stand Your Ground" law, and 32% oppose it" Is an outright misleading and incorrect statement.

Sorry, that's quite a reach. I'd be concerned if the polling was flawed, but not that fact that it was a poll. 1000 randomly selected people speak quite well for the overall population....basic statistics at work here. You can't have an election for every question, unless it was for the initial proposal.

No. Your Question is now answered. What percentage of White folks do you think are Racist?

I really have no idea and I really have no idea how many black people are racist. I was just pointing out that you cannot tell by the color of ones skin if they are racist or not. And in a poll like the one you posted you can have as many racist respondents on one side as the other.

I don't know why I let you suck me into this stupid game you are playing...(well it is kinda fun) but will really make no difference in the long run. No one will have their minds changed by anything we say here.

A few will think a little. However the more light is thrown onto the usual suspects dark little political corner the better.

Well damn I find myself agreeing with you. Let's shine a light into all the racist corners call a spade a spade as it were.

Amen - Jesse and Al better run and hide we're getting ready to shine a light on you - the 2 biggest race hater/baiters
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

Amen - Jesse and Al better run and hide we're getting ready to shine a light on you - the 2 biggest race hater/baiters

I dunno. Our resident (insert anything you like here) seems to be competing for the title.

...and you guys continue to let him bait you.
:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

...NYC’s aggressive arrest-driven policing aimed at minor offenses has effectively caught up hundreds of thousands, perhaps actually millions, of individuals in the criminal justice net in recent years. Last year, for example, the city’s police made over 400,000 arrests, most occurring in New York’s low-income communities of color. For example, although the majority of people who use marijuana are white, 86% of the individuals arrested for marijuana possession last year were black or Latino...

although the majority of people who use marijuana are white, 86% of the individuals arrested for marijuana possession last year were black or Latino...

Simple, there are more white people in this country here but they don't live all smashed together in large cities with a ton of cops where it's easy for the man to just snatch up a handful of us...blacks need to do themselves a favor and spread the fuck out.

There are many white communities of just several thousand people and only 2 cops...do the math genius.

2+2=4
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Im STILL trying to figure out what the definition of a GATED COMMUNITY is in Florida vs. every other state in the union(with GATES and fence all the way around) all would have been safe from each other IF it really was a GATED Community :(

Anybody noticed how QT it has gone since Zimmerman got out? No new "leaks"... nothing much from the TM group either.... I guess Jackson and Sharpton have gone home.

Zimmerman lawyer is going to let this thing slow waaaaay down and soon all this will be forgotten.

Other than the civil law suit to make money....and Zimmermans book deal :|

Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

YOU, those who think as you do, those who spew the racial crap you do and the media have this, and many others like this now coming to light, on your hands

http://www2.wkrg.com/news/2012/apr/25/mobile-police-make-first-arrest-owens-beating-case-ar-3674943/

and

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/26/suspect-attacked-white-teen-because-am-angry-about-trayvon/#ixzz1t7RoG81j

I bet you are proud.....
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

He should have stayed in his truck like he was told to.

On your hands

And you are proud of it

What does that make you?
Abraham Lincoln

Are you a racist against blacks?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/25/us-usa-florida-shooting-zimmerman-idUSBRE83O18H20120425

A much different story you and your buddies and most of the media would tell

It apperas Reuters can do good investigative work

YOU, need to take a long hard look in a mirror
Abraham Lincoln

Are you a racist against blacks?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/25/us-usa-florida-shooting-zimmerman-idUSBRE83O18H20120425

A much different story you and your buddies and most of the media would tell

It apperas Reuters can do good investigative work

YOU, need to take a long hard look in a mirror

I was just going to post that as well, but it's the same story. I'm pasting some of it ...

George Zimmerman: Prelude to a shooting

Nuanced portrait emerges from his past

By Chris Francescani, REUTERS

SANFORD, FLA. - A pit bull named Big Boi began menacing George and Shellie Zimmerman in the fall of 2009.

The first time the dog ran free and cornered Shellie in their gated community in Sanford, Florida, George called the owner t o complain. The second time, Big Boi frightened his mother-in-law’s dog. Zimmerman called Seminole County Animal Services and bought pepper spray. The third time he saw the dog on the loose, he called again. An officer came to the house, county records show.

“Don’t use pepper spray,” he told the Zimmermans, according to a friend. “It’ll take two or three seconds to take effect, but a quarter second for the dog to jump you,” he said.

“Get a gun.”

That November, the Zimmermans completed firearms training at a local lodge and received concealed-weapons gun permits. In early December, another source close to them told Reuters, the couple bought a pair of guns. George picked a Kel-Tec PF-9 9mm handgun, a popular, lightweight weapon.

By June 2011, Zimmerman’s attention had shifted from a loose pit bull to a wave of robberies that rattled the community, called the Retreat at Twin Lakes. The homeowners association asked him to launch a neighborhood watch, and Zimmerman would begin to carry the Kel-Tec on his regular, dog-walking patrol - a violation of neighborhood watch guidelines but not a crime.

Few of his closest neighbors knew he carried a gun - until two months ago.

On Feb. 26, George Zimmerman shot and killed unarmed black teenager Trayvon Martin in what Zimmerman says was self-defense. The furor that ensued has consumed the country and prompted a re-examination of guns, race and self-defense laws enacted in nearly half the United States.

During the time Zimmerman was in hiding, his detractors defined him as a vigilante who had decided Martin was suspicious merely because he was black. After Zimmerman was finally arrested on a charge of second-degree murder more than six weeks after the shooting, prosecutors portrayed him as a violent and angry man who disregarded authority by pursuing the 17-year-old.

But a more nuanced portrait of Zimmerman has emerged from a Reuters investigation into Zimmerman’s past and a series of incidents in the community in the months preceding the Martin shooting.

Based on extensive interviews with relatives, friends, neighbors, schoolmates and co-workers of Zimmerman in two states, law enforcement officials, and reviews of court documents and police reports, the story sheds new light on the man at the center of one of the most controversial homicide cases in America.

The 28-year-old insurance-fraud investigator comes from a deeply Catholic background and was taught in his early years to do right by those less fortunate. He was raised in a racially integrated household and himself has black roots through an Afro-Peruvian great-grandfather - the father of the maternal grandmother who helped raise him.

A criminal justice student who aspired to become a judge, Zimmerman also concerned himself with the safety of his neighbors after a series of break-ins committed by young African-American men.

Though civil rights demonstrators have argued Zimmerman should not have prejudged Martin, one black neighbor of the Zimmermans said recent history should be taken into account.

“Let’s talk about the elephant in the room. I’m black, OK?” the woman said, declining to be identified because she anticipated backlash due to her race. She leaned in to look a reporter directly in the eyes. “There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood,” she said. “That’s why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin.”

“MIXED” HOUSEHOLD ....

A NEIGHBORHOOD IN FEAR

By the summer of 2011, Twin Lakes was experiencing a rash of burglaries and break-ins. Previously a family-friendly, first-time homeowner community, it was devastated by the recession that hit the Florida housing market, and transient renters began to occupy some of the 263 town houses in the complex. Vandalism and occasional drug activity were reported, and home values plunged. One resident who bought his home in 2006 for $250,000 said it was worth $80,000 today.

At least eight burglaries were reported within Twin Lakes in the 14 months prior to the Trayvon Martin shooting, according to the Sanford Police Department. Yet in a series of interviews, Twin Lakes residents said dozens of reports of attempted break-ins and would-be burglars casing homes had created an atmosphere of growing fear in the neighborhood.

In several of the incidents, witnesses identified the suspects to police as young black men. Twin Lakes is about 50 percent white, with an African-American and Hispanic population of about 20 percent each, roughly similar to the surrounding city of Sanford, according to U.S. Census data.

One morning in July 2011, a black teenager walked up to Zimmerman’s front porch and stole a bicycle, neighbors told Reuters. A police report was taken, though the bicycle was not recovered.

But it was the August incursion into the home of Olivia Bertalan that really troubled the neighborhood, particularly Zimmerman. Shellie was home most days, taking online courses towards certification as a registered nurse.

On Aug. 3, Bertalan was at home with her infant son while her husband, Michael, was at work. She watched from a downstairs window, she said, as two black men repeatedly rang her doorbell and then entered through a sliding door at the back of the house. She ran upstairs, locked herself inside the boy’s bedroom, and called a police dispatcher, whispering frantically.

“I said, ’What am I supposed to do? I hear them coming up the stairs!’” she told Reuters. Bertalan tried to coo her crying child into silence and armed herself with a pair of rusty scissors.

Police arrived just as the burglars - who had been trying to disconnect the couple’s television - fled out a back door. Shellie Zimmerman saw a black male teen running through her backyard and reported it to police.

After police left Bertalan, George Zimmerman arrived at the front door in a shirt and tie, she said. He gave her his contact numbers on an index card and invited her to visit his wife if she ever felt unsafe. He returned later and gave her a stronger lock to bolster the sliding door that had been forced open.

“He was so mellow and calm, very helpful and very, very sweet,” she said last week. “We didn’t really know George at first, but after the break-in we talked to him on a daily basis. People were freaked out. It wasn’t just George calling police ... we were calling police at least once a week.”
If some old guy can do it then obviously it can't be very extreme. Otherwise he'd already be dead.
Bruce McConkey 'I thought we were gonna die, and I couldn't think of anyone

You clearly do not know the meaning of the word advice.
But, I'm not surprised.
Enjoy your little make believe world.
I'm just thankful the real one isn't like that.

pe@ce

You stick to Zimmerman's paranoid world where every black kid is a suspect. He should have followed the good advice he was freely given. But no, his paranoia got the better of him. That black kid was just too suspicious, what with his skittles and all, not to chase down.

The advice he was given was very good advice. He shouldn't have disobeyed. Instead he profiled Trayvon and armed, followed him.

I guess Trayvon would be alive today if he just called the police himself Vs taking matters into his own hands. Such a tragic event, his death was avoidable if he had only ran from trouble Vs getting into it.