Airman1270

How is "racist" defined?

You are mixing animal, human, race, and culture justifying your standpoint.

You're a pretty smart guy, I am sure you can figure out my point.

I am given to reading between lines. If you have a point, feel free to make it.

'extreme cases' like the the prison system that violently oppresses blacks.

Perhaps...what exactly do you consider to be racist about the prison system?

First examine its outcome. Which is a racist outcome.

Ok, blacks make up about 50% of the prison population...How exactly is that racist?

Please, present an actual argument so we can have a civilized conversation or learn how to troll...
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Ok, blacks make up about 50% of the prison population...How exactly is that racist?

Please, present an actual argument so we can have a civilized conversation or learn how to troll...

And 10% of the background Population.

I'm asking you to present an argument as to why you believe that indicates racism, otherwise someone could just come along and say those numbers simply mean that blacks are more violent than whites.

I'm asking you to present an argument as to why you believe that indicates racism, otherwise someone could just come along and say those numbers simply mean that blacks are more violent than whites.

And that hypothetical Person would have just exposed their racist outlook.

Perhaps, but the interesting thing to me is that you, like the racist, apparently lack the ability to articulate your thoughts and provide an argument to support your claims...in others words, it's meaningless babble.

Perhaps, but the interesting thing to me is that you, like the racist, apparently lack the ability to articulate your thoughts and provide an argument to support your claims...in others words, it's meaningless babble.

Do you agree or disagree that blacks are more violent than whites - this is the only explanation so far you've put Forward for the prison numbers.

otherwise someone could just come along and say those numbers simply mean that blacks are more violent than whites.

Without further facts, that would be a racist statement. You would have to look at incident and conviction rates before you could get even close to making such a statement. You would have to equalize for social and economic status etc.

Dismissing all that by just claiming that blacks are more violent because they make up a disproportionate block in the prion population would indeed be racist.

Do you agree or disagree that blacks are more violent than whites -

I don't think the numbers we've been talking about suggest that, and in the past I've provided an argument to support my claim against those who do...you cannot or will not.

this is the only explanation so far you've put Forward for the prison numbers.

I'm simply trying to entice you to provide a supporting argument...I'm not going to make it for you, then start arguing back and forth with myself.

I think this is an interesting topic and wanted to hear why you think the numbers are racist...Is that so freaking hard for you to do? Jeeze...

Do you agree or disagree that blacks are more violent than whites -

I don't think the numbers we've been talking about suggest that, and in the past I've provided an argument to support my claim against those who do...you cannot or will not.

this is the only explanation so far you've put Forward for the prison numbers.

I'm simply trying to entice you to provide a supporting argument...I'm not going to make it for you, then start arguing back and forth with myself.

I think this is an interesting topic and wanted to hear why you think the numbers are racist...Is that so freaking hard for you to do? Jeeze...

If blacks are no more violent than whites then the logical conclusion is that the prison system is Racist. I say 2 plus 2 is 4 and you appear to think otherwise.

If blacks are no more violent than whites then the logical conclusion is that the prison system is Racist.

How?

In the same way that 2 plus 2 equals 4. Numbers are like that.

The majority of blacks live highly concentrated in highly populated big cities with more police, therefore more arrests on the dominant racial population for that area.

If Detroit consisted of 1 million poor whites and a few blacks, what race do you think would dominate their jail system?

I don't think commenting or asking questions about racism makes a person a racist. There are differences in groups of people that we have lumped into a category we've tagged as race. No amount of political correctness will make that go away.

Racism to me is when a person treats someone unfairly based on those differences. Sure, "fairly" is a very subjective term, but it is far more accurate than "differently" because there are differences.

Put it this way; if a person is an asshole to everybody, they probably are not racist. If they exhibit a pattern of being nasty and saying nasty things to or about certain specific groups, then they probably are racist, or sexist, or homophobic, or some other -ist or -ic.

Unfortunately, jn tough times, those groups least able to defend themselves become the boogeymen.

There are already words for that. Its called being prodigious or discriminatory which we all are. We discriminate against low jump number people with the USPA regulations technically.

If blacks are no more violent than whites then the logical conclusion is that the prison system is Racist.

How?

In the same way that 2 plus 2 equals 4. Numbers are like that.

The majority of blacks live highly concentrated in highly populated big cities with more police, therefore more arrests on the dominant racial population for that area.

If Detroit consisted of 1 million poor whites and a few blacks, what race do you think would dominate their jail system?

You're saying that one 2 can be made by adding 0.5, 0.7, 0.3 and 0.5. The final Equation is the same though - 2 plus 2.

...I think this is an interesting topic and wanted to hear why you think the numbers are racist...Is that so freaking hard for you to do? Jeeze...

If blacks are no more violent than whites then the logical conclusion is that the prison system is Racist. I say 2 plus 2 is 4 and you appear to think otherwise.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Is it okay to ask: Why are these folks in prison? Forget for a moment the race stuff. Why are they there in the first place? What did they do? Serious bad stuff or just violate stupid new PC laws?

If we have a bunch of folks in prison who are harmless & pose no threat to anyone, that's a different topic. But, (ASSuming we're dealing with real bad guys who hurt people & take their stuff) If 1) everyone in prison is a scumbag, but 2) the attendace rate is disproportionately black, does that mean that 3) black people, are, by nature, more prone to doing bad stuff? Or 4) Do police assign disproportionate focus to black citizens?

Cheers,
Jon

3) black people, are, by nature, more prone to doing bad stuff? Or 4) Do police assign disproportionate focus to black citizens?

Cheers,
Jon

We can safely assume that blacks are, by Nature, no more prone to doing bad stuff than whites. What is your conclusion from this fact.

We can safely assume that blacks are, by Nature, no more prone to doing bad stuff than whites.

Assumptions aren't worth a thing. I can also safely assume that whites are, by nature, no more prone to doing a bit of serial killing than blacks, but I would be wrong. Your typical serial killer is a white male. I doubt it's because of their white skin, but the statistics are crystal clear about it.

I don't think there's evidence that blacks are more prone to doing bad stuff than whites, btw. I do think it's stupid to assume things because it's the PC thing to do. I think the main reason there's more blacks in prison in the US because of socio-economic stuff, not because of racism or genetics.

If I imitate a white guy it's satire. But if I imitate a black guy some will call it racism. Right now there are people reading this who want to call me a racist simply for posing the question. Why?

What would you call Redd Fox's & Richard Pryor's standup "comedy" routines? Pryor helped coin the acronyms "Honky & Cracker" Personally I didn't care for either comediene, if that's what they really were. I'm not a hater, never have been, but I don't care for white or black people making jokes about any race, or creed, yet they do it anyhow. Let a white man call a black man the "N" word and all hell would break loose. Let a black man call another black man the "N" word, or "DOG" and it's okay. Something else the black race seems to do is dishonor their females by utilizing words suce as: Bitch, Ho, Slut, and the first of every month "My Baby's Momma" Why? My wife is hispanic and if I were to call her any of those names, she has promised to kill me, I've never been one to question her judgement. I've endured my share of racism and racial slurs simply because I didn't marry a white woman, but can you really help who you fall in love with? I think not. What I do know is it really hurts when someone calls you a spic lover because of who your wife is.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Let a black man call another black man the "N" word, or "DOG" and it's okay.

Not necessarily. It's all context. If I walked up to you and said, "What's up, asshole," you'd probably be offended. If your best friend said it, you'd probably laugh. I very much doubt any random black guy can walk up to another black guy and call him the "N" word and not get punched. Same thing.

- Dan G

otherwise someone could just come along and say those numbers simply mean that blacks are more violent than whites.

Without further facts, that would be a racist statement. You would have to look at incident and conviction rates before you could get even close to making such a statement. You would have to equalize for social and economic status etc.

Dismissing all that by just claiming that blacks are more violent because they make up a disproportionate block in the prion population would indeed be racist.

Without further facts, If you call that person racist - then you are assuming he's assigning causation to the statement. that assumption might, or might not be true. He might have done his homework as you suggest. The fact the default accusation is "he's a racist" rather than asking "why is he making that claim" is pretty sad, really.

As you state. he might be inferring correlation, not causation. Such as the urban loading by demongraphics, income, or family aspects you note

The arrest rates might not be racist - but the claims that the correlated item are racist based, or a result of old time racist activities might very well be.

it's always deeper than just guys like wslc enjoying his name calling - it's even sadder and lazier, when asked "what's your basis for that accusation" to get a response "2+2=4" is obstructive and doesn't help the cause at all - there might be a really good discussion in there that was just dismissed - I'd say that the high incarceration rate is a symptom, but taking each case 1 at a time, one would really have to question if each single case was corrupt and unfair

if we would take each person one at a time- assess them based on their character and actions - avoiding the cosmetic crap people seemed so obsessed with - it would be a better world by far

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

That's just how you look at it. To me flaunting SS runes is obviously racist, I'm smart enough to understand that it's different for others, but if I see people pose with an SS rune flag, my first reaction is "They must be racist".

...until you notice that there are at least 3 ethnicities represented in that photo? ;)
See the upside, and always wear your parachute! -- Christopher Titus

Shut Up & Jump!