Marinus

Baby dies after ritual circumcission

Think all you want, deny all you want...it doesn't matter. It's none of your business.

Should we also allow you to chop off your child's hands so he doesn't get carpal tunnel? Where do you draw the line on on what is society's business and what isn't?

Also, you're still arguing about the risks of circumcision vs an appendectomy, but you haven't addressed the future risks of having a foreskin vs having an appendix. (Also, appendectomies are done laparoscopically these days, i.e. minimally invasive)

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

Think all you want, deny all you want...it doesn't matter. It's none of your business.

Some folks think a woman's choice for an abortion is none of yours.
Some think it's their duty to protect your children from your wish to mutilate them.
Some only see one side to an issue, others see both sides.
But what do I know?

Should we also allow you to chop off your child's hands so he doesn't get carpal tunnel?

You keep bringing up asinine comparisons. A circumcision does not eliminate the function of the penis.

Also, you're still arguing about the risks of circumcision vs an appendectomy,

Many parents accept doctors' opinions based on science and various studies about the health benefits of circumcision and believe the simple procedure is worth it...

you haven't addressed the future risks of having a foreskin vs having an appendix.

So what...if an appendectomy was a simple 10 minute procedure and involved minimal risk to a newborn, maybe I'd consider it...

Would you be so hellbent on terminating the rights of parents to choose an appendectomy for their newborn?
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Some folks think a woman's choice for an abortion is none of yours.
Some think it's their duty to protect your children from your wish to mutilate them.
Some only see one side to an issue, others see both sides.

...and some folks think a mother's right to discard her baby in the trash is acceptable while her right to discard some useless skin cells for health reasons is an abomination.

>and some folks think a mother's right to discard her baby in the trash is acceptable
>while her right to discard some useless skin cells for health reasons is an
>abomination.

That is a dichotomy. BOTH should be the mother's choice.

>and some folks think a mother's right to discard her baby in the trash is acceptable
>abomination.

That is a dichotomy.

No, it's f'd in the head thinking.

...and some folks think a mother's right to discard her baby in the trash is acceptable while her right to discard some useless skin cells for health reasons is an abomination.

An abortion is someone excising tissue from her own body, a circumcision is amputating part of someone else's body.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

>abomination.

That is a dichotomy.

No, it's f'd in the head thinking.

Says the person who thinks that what he does to his child's genitals is nobody else's business.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

a circumcision is amputating part of someone else's body.

So is cutting the baby's nails. I am assuming you would be opposed to that as well?

Hair and nails grow back, foreskins don't, not to mention the rather glaring discrepancy in nerve endings. A painful procedure that results in irreparable damage or a painless procedure that produces temporary results, the difference is substantial.

Blues,
Dave
(drink Mountain Dew)

+1

It was a choice I made for my son. Not only his health, but his future partner's health.

Did you also remove his appendix at birth? Because that has a much higher chance of killing him some day.

Blues,
Dave

I know, right? I'm sure the 3 hour surgery would be less invasive and more tolerable for a newborn to handle than a 10 minute snip n' clip...come on.

Since no newborn is capable of comment, your supposition is totally meaningless (as usual).

If it's such a great idea and the patient victim won't mind at all, why not wait until the patient victim can make up his own mind?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If it's such a great idea and the patient/victim won't mind at all, why not wait until the patient/victim can make up his own mind?

By the time a male can make an informed decision about circumcision the usual reaction to the offer to be partly unmanned would be "hell no!" No rational thinking male would chop off part of his dick for some small medical benefits that might be imaginary to begin with. Non ritual circumcision would go practically extinct within a generation if the decision was left to the owner of the foreskin.

meh, circumcision arguments are identical to religion and abortion arguments. Nothing ever gets resolved and people feel they are right filled with righteous indignation for those who do not agree with them.

It's no skin off my nose...I mean penis.

- Dan G

If it's such a great idea and the patient/victim won't mind at all, why not wait until the patient/victim can make up his own mind?

By the time a male can make an informed decision about circumcision the usual reaction to the offer to be partly unmanned would be "hell no!" No rational thinking male would chop off part of his dick for some small medical benefits that might be imaginary to begin with. Non ritual circumcision would go practically extinct within a generation if the decision was left to the owner of the foreskin.

Indeed - I am not aware of a great rush by uncircumcised men to have the surgery.

Having a foreskin is NOT a disease. Unnecessary surgery clearly violates the dictum "first do no harm".

By the time a male can make an informed decision about circumcision the usual reaction to the offer to be partly unmanned would be "hell no!"

Yep, and then you're stuck living with that disgusting mess of flagellous penis jowls and stank-ass fromunda cheese, aka Mr. Scmegma Von Stanksworth.

By the time a male can make an informed decision about circumcision the usual reaction to the offer to be partly unmanned would be "hell no!"

Yep, and then you're stuck living with that disgusting mess of flagellous penis jowls and stank-ass fromunda cheese, aka Mr. Scmegma Von Stanksworth.

WRONG AGAIN - because the INFORMED ADULT can decide for himself if he wants it. The only person "stuck" is the one who was ritually and involuntarily mutilated as an infant.

WRONG AGAIN - because the INFORMED ADULT can decide for himself if he wants it.

Meh...you put a cold knife to a man's penis and he's gonna choose Mr. Schmega. Even I would, and I absolutley love my sleek Penis.

I'm glad my parents elected to make the decision for me...but I suppose it would've been better for them to neglect my hygiene, my teeth, haircuts, and never have my finger and toe nails clipped so I can walk around like a beast because it's natural...You never know, being a clean civilized human rather than a disgusting rancid animal may have gone against my wishes.

If the foreskin is normally developed and someone has access to water for washing hygiene is not an issue at all. This is just a stupid old wives tale made up by people to justify their dick chopping habits. Hygiene is only an issue if there's something wrong with the foreskin and if that's the case things are fixed. That's what normal people do you see: we only start slicing away at the penis if there's a good reason for it.

So we can assume you have had all your teeth pulled in order to avoid that disgusting plaque, gum disease, and tooth decay? Or did you just learn the techniques of dental care?
"There are only three things of value: younger women, faster airplanes, and bigger crocodiles" - Arthur Jones.

WRONG AGAIN - because the INFORMED ADULT can decide for himself if he wants it.

Meh...you put a cold knife to a man's penis and he's gonna choose Mr. Schmega. Even I would, and I absolutley love my sleek Penis.

You might like it even better if a bunch of pleasurable nerve endings hadn't been removed without your consent. You will never know, of course, because that OPTION was denied you when you were mutilated.

The problems of having a healthy foreskin don't really exist outside of the psyche of the male chopped and their wives with penis envy. There's no problems with diseases, hygiene, penile function etc. Prophylactic circumcision is most probably an outdated procedure based on outdated pseudo-science. And even if there's benefits they don't outweigh the damage done even a little bit. For example: I don't have to buy a gun every 3 months to compensate for the fact half my dick is missing. So don't bother to spread you civilized American ways to this side of the pond. :P

So we can assume you have had all your teeth pulled in order to avoid that disgusting plaque, gum disease, and tooth decay? Or did you just learn the techniques of dental care?

Removing excess skin from the penis does not negate the function of the penis as these continued assinine analogies suggest.

But to answer your question, no...my parents were responsible and cared for my oral and physical hygeine which also included removing certain teeth for health reasons as well...

I'm really traumatized, I think I'm gonna bitch out my parents tonight for amputating my teeth...