RonD1120

Wyoming Doomsday Legislation

I guess I'm not the only one who is reading the handwriting on the wall.

http://trib.com/news/state-and-regional/govt-and-politics/wyoming-house-advances-doomsday-bill/article_af6e1b2b-0ca4-553f-85e9-92c0f58c00bd.html
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Good thing Wyoming is rolling in so much money they have a bunch they need to just get rid of, that they can waste it on this. Must be some kind of paradise, what with the best education system in the country, no potholes that need filling, no unmet needs of their citizens. One wonders why it's the least densely populated state in the lower 48, more antelope than people in most parts.

Don

Good thing Wyoming is rolling in so much money they have a bunch they need to just get rid of, that they can waste it on this. Must be some kind of paradise, what with the best education system in the country, no potholes that need filling, no unmet needs of their citizens. One wonders why it's the least densely populated state in the lower 48, more antelope than people in most parts.

Don

The last two paragraphs in the article state:

"University of Wyoming political science professor Jim King said the potential for a complete unraveling of the U.S. government and economy is “astronomically remote” in the foreseeable future.

But King noted that the federal government set up a Continuity of Government Commission in 2002, of which former U.S. Sen. Al Simpson, R-Wyo., was co-chairman. However, King said he didn’t know of any states that had established a similar board."

I would like to see GA get on board. My family and I are establishing our doomsday enclave in that state.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Jim King

Sounds spookily like "Kim Jong Il", don't it?
Coincidence? Don't bet your life on it.

I must be really slow this morning. Yours is the second message where I failed to catch the drift.

http://www.uwyo.edu/pols/people/king.html

Political Science Department
Dr. James King

Department Head, Professor · American Politics, Presidency & Congress
Ph.D. - University of Missouri
Office Hours: TW 9-11:30 · Curriculum Vitae
Research Interests

Jim King joined the UW political science faculty in 1992 and previously taught at the University of Memphis. In addition to "American and Wyoming Government," he regularly offers elective classes on American politics, including "U.S. Presidency" and "Seminar in American Political Institutions." During election years he is frequently interviewed by national and state media outlets about Wyoming politics.

Jim's interest in American politics extends from the classroom to his research, which focuses on various aspects of the presidency and American state politics. Current research focuses on the effects of congressional candidates attacking the president or endorsing the president's policies during midterm election campaigns and on transitions between presidential administrations. He is a co-author of The Equality State: Government and Politics in Wyoming, and the author/co-author of articles published in The Journal of Politics, Social Science Quarterly, Presidential Studies Quarterly, Legislative Studies Quarterly, White House Studies, State Politics and Policy Quarterly, Publius and other scholarly journals.

Little Known Facts About Jim

A native of Michigan, he is married to Barbara Azaria King and has two sons, Alex and Justin. Recreation activities vary with the seasons and include golf, hiking, cross country skiing, and snowshoeing.

Your apocalyptic views are not novel, they have been at the forefront of Judeo-Christian writings and beliefs for thousands of years. Every generation has spoke that we are now living in 'The worst of times" and God will soon deliver us from all the wickedness and evil in the world.

It really is getting old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Coming_of_Christ

>Every generation has spoke that we are now living in 'The worst of times" and God will
>soon deliver us from all the wickedness and evil in the world. It really is getting old.

But this time the world is totally super wicked. I mean, forget killing tens of millions in global wars, torturing people in the name of God, plagues that killed 50% of the entire world's population. Ignore all the famines that killed millions before modern farming and irrigation systems helped put an end to that. Forget all the tyrannies that have been overthrown and replaced with better governments. They're letting GAYS GET MARRIED!

Your apocalyptic views are not novel, they have been at the forefront of Judeo-Christian writings and beliefs for thousands of years. Every generation has spoke that we are now living in 'The worst of times" and God will soon deliver us from all the wickedness and evil in the world.

It really is getting old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Coming_of_Christ

I really want to give you a smart ass reply but, I am not able.

My pessimism is based more on the inadequacy of our government than on my faith and belief in the Second Advent. Many pieces of the mosaic must be placed before Christ returns.

Turning the U.S.A. into a continuation of what is going on in Greece and Spain is my first concern.

>Every generation has spoke that we are now living in 'The worst of times" and God will
>soon deliver us from all the wickedness and evil in the world. It really is getting old.

But this time the world is totally super wicked. I mean, forget killing tens of millions in global wars, torturing people in the name of God, plagues that killed 50% of the entire world's population. Ignore all the famines that killed millions before modern farming and irrigation systems helped put an end to that. Forget all the tyrannies that have been overthrown and replaced with better governments. They're letting GAYS GET MARRIED!

:o:D:D:D:D:D:D

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

My pessimism is based more on the inadequacy of our government than on my faith and belief in the Second Advent. Many pieces of the mosaic must be placed before Christ returns.

I tend to think of these as the best of times.

Whenever the “end of the world” discussion comes up, I always ask my friends a simple question: if you could choose between having lived 200 years ago or today, what would you choose?

Even the most recalcitrant pessimists have to admit that living 200 years ago — when life expectancy was less than 40 years, and you couldn’t get anesthesia when you had a toothache or a kidney stone — was no fun. We live longer, and better, today.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/09/24/2421920/hard-facts-the-world-is-getting.html#storylink=cpy

Turning the U.S.A. into a continuation of what is going on in Greece and Spain is my first concern.

I believe all Western Democracy's are in deep trouble. In a democracy the wishes of the majority are supposed to be honored. But what happens when the majority has lost their sense of sanity and continue to demand special interest programs which are just not sustainable and end up bankrupting the society it is supposed to service? It does not matter if we are talking about a demographic that demands their government supplied "nanny state" where everything we need in life is given to us on a silver platter, or if another demographic is demanding massive military spending. Every where you look you see governments spending money that they do not have and who is responsible for this spending. Yes politicians need to take a lot of blame ever since they discovered spending equals votes equals power. But we the people are mainly to blame, because we the people are incapable of seeing we are living in societies that can not be sustained.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

to have the task force also examine conditions under which Wyoming would need to implement its own military draft, raise a standing army, and acquire strike aircraft and an aircraft carrier.

I'll bet the people at "The Onion" are banging their heads on their desks saying, "Why the hell didn't we think of that?"

Seriously, Wyoming needs an aircraft carrier? Where would they park it? Classic example of delusions-of-grandeur that a little [piss-ant] State like Wyoming thinks it's the next world superpower. Crap, you can't even see Russia from Wyoming.
It's all been said before, no sense repeating it here.

Whenever the “end of the world” discussion comes up, I always ask my friends a simple question: if you could choose between having lived 200 years ago or today, what would you choose?

Even the most recalcitrant pessimists have to admit that living 200 years ago — when life expectancy was less than 40 years, and you couldn’t get anesthesia when you had a toothache or a kidney stone — was no fun. We live longer, and better, today.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/09/24/2421920/hard-facts-the-world-is-getting.html#storylink=cpy

I guess it depends on who you ask.

I'm sure China won't use those shiny new ballistic missile submarines they have against us. They probably are to intimidate the Micronesia's.

I mean, it's not like they wiped out over 50 million of their own people this century... oh shoot, they did.

Well, they probably won't do it to us because they need our money...oh wait, they don't.

I'm sure everything will be fine. I'm going to put my head back in this sand hole here.

Seriously, Wyoming needs an aircraft carrier?

There are people in Wyoming? I used to think Montana was a pretty barren place, but that was before I set foot in Wyoming. Okay there are people in Cheyenne and Laramie (they might as well join Colorado) and the Northwest corner of the state around Yellowstone and the Tetons is to die for gorgeous. But other than that, there is more wildlife in Wyoming than humans. :o

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

...incapable of seeing we are living in societies that can not be sustained.

Selective listening and seeing along with an entitlement mentality, that's the way I define it.

actually I was just making a silly pun about King's name. Ah well, at least I crack myself up.

Ah, like I said, I am unusually slow today.

to have the task force also examine conditions under which Wyoming would need to implement its own military draft, raise a standing army, and acquire strike aircraft and an aircraft carrier.

I'll bet the people at "The Onion" are banging their heads on their desks saying, "Why the hell didn't we think of that?"

Seriously, Wyoming needs an aircraft carrier? Where would they park it? Classic example of delusions-of-grandeur that a little [piss-ant] State like Wyoming thinks it's the next world superpower. Crap, you can't even see Russia from Wyoming.

Yeah, that one was a red flag for me as well.

Perhaps...I just think this subject is rather broad. I guess it's all relatively subjective and is certainly a matter of perspective.

200 years ago people got along just fine with candles, but when we had the northeast blackout of 2003 it was like chaos over here in Detroit. We are certainly more vulnerable to catastrophe the more we continue to rely on technology and bureaucratic bullshit as they permeate every facet of our society.

I was gonna facetiously call it something like "social entropy," but it turns out there is already a theory on that.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Perhaps...I just think this subject is rather broad. I guess it's all relatively subjective and is certainly a matter of perspective.

200 years ago people got along just fine with candles, but when we had the northeast blackout of 2003 it was like chaos over here in Detroit. We are certainly more vulnerable to catastrophe the more we continue to rely on technology and bureaucratic bullshit as they permeate every facet of our society.

I was gonna facetiously call it something like "social entropy," but it turns out there is already a theory on that.

I think this is an accurate depiction of early European daily life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSQ6O6kbs

I think this is an accurate depiction of early European daily life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSQ6O6kbs

Ah yes, I see you've chosen to concede by way of humor...

Well, allow me to play!
Family Guy - Reliving His Youth:
http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi3567716121/
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...