nigel99

Dumb fuking c*nts

Actually I was responding to someone who specified Christianity. I DO NOT believe all religions are fear based, it's mainly Christianity and Catholics that pass the most judgment and condemn others to hell, from my experience.

So do you think that all Christians and Catholics are fear-mongerers, money-hungry, self-righteous, egotistical and close-minded?

“Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabra of the mountebanks calling themselves the priests of Jesus.”
― Thomas Jefferson

Actually I was responding to someone who specified Christianity. I DO NOT believe all religions are fear based, it's mainly Christianity and Catholics that pass the most judgment and condemn others to hell, from my experience.

So do you think that all Christians and Catholics are fear-mongerers, money-hungry, self-righteous, egotistical and close-minded?

Used to be. It took a bit for them to learn that this wasn't the correct way.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crusades
Please don't dent the planet.

Destinations by Roxanne

FEAR, that is how religions work. They sell you on the fear of death and "Hell".

I never really quite understood that particular bash...non-believers couldn't careless about hell. They don't believe in it nor do they fear it, so why would they be sold on it? Seems you'd have better luck selling Volcano insurance in Rhode Island...
Volcano Insurance:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjcuIFrVLAY:D

Fear of hell was never the motivating factor for most christians I've known...It primarily seemed to stem from various reasons for an appreciation of God and a heartfelt desire to know him and understand that sense of spirituality many people have.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I see a lot of hate being spewed here in this forum by the anti-religious people, but I don't see the same coming from the religious folks.

John, first of all I regret my thread title. The abuse of someone's death really riled me. I apologise to all as I honestly don't like to swear and offend.

Secondly, I think that for the large part it is frustration with religion, rather than hatred. I know on a personal level I find it harder and harder to keep a straight face, and not make a comment when someone promotes a religious viewpoint. I also feel that we are wrong as I think that some people need religion to help them cope with the big bad world.

By way of an example think about how you generally feel about other religions? Don't you get frustrated that they are misguided, and how could they be so silly to believe in Allah, Buddha or whatever?

I gotta say nice post

I have been here too

Thanks for clearing thinks up and

:$glad I did not respond when I first read your OP
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

I have to wonder about Christian groups who present the Gospel as a means of avoiding future suffering. The real power of the Gospel enables and empowers so that we can live life to the fullest.

And for some of us 'Russell's teapot' keeps us plenty warm enough...

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

I have to wonder about Christian groups who present the Gospel as a means of avoiding future suffering. The real power of the Gospel enables and empowers so that we can live life to the fullest.

I think it is mostly a Baptist tradition.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Used to be. It took a bit for them to learn that this wasn't the correct way. Re: Crusades

So then you admit that the Christians of today should not be characterized the same as Christians of 600 years ago. It's a shame that others here haven't updated their view from more recent history.

Used to be. It took a bit for them to learn that this wasn't the correct way. Re: Crusades

So then you admit that the Christians of today should not be characterized the same as Christians of 600 years ago. It's a shame that others here haven't updated their view from more recent history.

I think they are worse today.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The enforcement of their dogma has changed dramatically; but the dogma itself has changed very little. In other words - they no longer burn people at the stake, but they still hold most of the same beliefs and positions. It appears to take them what, about 500 years to apologize for some of their past atrocities - and they are barely apologies at that.

And the literal interpretations of some of the really outrageous stuff in The Bible - give me a break. If a person had no previous exposure to the history of religious activity and someone came up and told those stories as if they were factual; they'd be someone to be avoided.

So basically, they are still selling the same Neolithic myths, but are no longer allowed to legally kill those who question them.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

The enforcement of their dogma has changed dramatically; but the dogma itself has changed very little. In other words - they no longer burn people at the stake, but they still hold most of the same beliefs and positions. It appears to take them what, about 500 years to apologize for some of their past atrocities - and they are barely apologies at that.

And the literal interpretations of some of the really outrageous stuff in The Bible - give me a break. If a person had no previous exposure to the history of religious activity and someone came up and told those stories as if they were factual; they'd be someone to be avoided.

So basically, they are still selling the same Neolithic myths, but are no longer allowed to legally kill those who question them.

This will open a can of worms. You are equating Christianity and Roman Catholicism. They are not the same worship path. Martin Luther broke away and started the Protestant Reformation.

Check out my signature block.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

I see in your profile you are interested in, "the meaning of life, the reason for existence." How are you coming along with that?

It appears to take them what, about 500 years to apologize for some of their past atrocities - and they are barely apologies at that.

What are you looking for here?
Are you expecting people living today to apologize for the antics of people who lived all those years ago...simply because they shared the same basic religion?

Should the non-religious be apologizing for the bozo leaders of some of the anti-religion communist/fascist proponents of years past?

If a person had no previous exposure to the history of religious activity and someone came up and told those stories as if they were factual; they'd be someone to be avoided.

Which is quite often why the naysayers are spouting such vehemence. Quite often they know not what they are talking about....just riding the bandwagon of the current fad.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

>Are you expecting people living today to apologize for the antics of people who
>lived all those years ago...simply because they shared the same basic religion?

Good ones do, although it sometimes takes years, decades - or even centuries. The Pope apologized for killing Bruno Giordano about 400 years after they executed him for heresy.

I see in your profile you are interested in, "the meaning of life, the reason for existence." How are you coming along with that?

I got it figured out. But since it's a matter of faith, and strictly personal, I don't recruit.

It's not something that can be known - not in the way we can know the age of the Sun or the motions of planets. Therefore, any explanations that do not violate existing evidence are valid. If they are testable, then they might be a theory. If not testable, then they are just an opinion. It's early, I'm rambling, and I will stop.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I got it figured out. But since it's a matter of faith, and strictly personal, I don't recruit.

It's not something that can be known - not in the way we can know the age of the Sun or the motions of planets. Therefore, any explanations that do not violate existing evidence are valid. If they are testable, then they might be a theory. If not testable, then they are just an opinion. It's early, I'm rambling, and I will stop.

I understand, I've been there.

Skill is conected to spirit - life is conected to our hearts and how we love - Christ told the Aposiles to go out and preach in my name - -that was before the judis moment and the pain - --he asked something close to the same just before leaving earth. belief is a lot in what you see -- people see others jump from the sky now days - Jesus was from another world - teaching about time and the laws and truth - he loved people - he worshiped them --he was not religous himself -- he had a hard time speaking to many people because the lack of language - in that place and in that time-- funny if space travil became as commin as skydiving - would others still preach hate about a man - that old -- that super anti-Gould -- would they just forget about his name - or freak out if they found it agian on another -planet-- I think all he would ever say is shut up and jump:)``````````````weather you think he has been hanging around in secret all this time protect by Isreal and Americas Government- the only open real tie to extra world life viewed as some sort of downed Superman - a funny past time topic- only old to people that don't totaly worship Lex Luther

Having something never beats doing (>|<)
Iam building things - Iam working on my mind- I am going to change this world - its what I came here 4- - -