nigel99

Dumb fuking c*nts

1. Nobody was present at the Biblical Creation 6,000 years ago

Bwhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

+1 to your thread title

Is that on their website? I should have been clear it is the "view sample clip" that I have seen.
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.

Sorry but this REALLY pissed me off! The link to the youtube vid was posted in one of the skydiving threads.

http://www.finalfrontier.tv/

"Gospel" based people, using a skydiving fatality video to sell their poison.

The only thing that redeemed this was a youtube comment "If Jesus loved me he would swallow":D

I would have bet good money that this was a Shah thread based on the title.

One of the founders of the CSA, Phil Evans, knew this jumper. The incident occurred in the late 80's. We discussed the eternal aspects much the same as the trailer portrayed.

It looks like they have produced a worthwhile film.

Kudos.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

One of the founders of the CSA, Phil Evans, knew this jumper. The incident occurred in the late 80's. We discussed the eternal aspects much the same as the trailer portrayed.

Kudos.

So because a founder of the csa knew this jumper makes it ok to exploit his death for their bullshit propaganda? Good to see you have a firm grasp on ethics [:/]

Kudos.

So because a founder of the csa knew this jumper makes it ok to exploit his death for their bullshit propaganda? Good to see you have a firm grasp on ethics [:/]

Your comment makes no sense, other than being anti-Christian.

Tragic examples are used regularly to make sales presentations e.g., life insurance industry.

This film presents life assurance.
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

Kudos.

The views may be interesting, but I found it in extremely poor taste to exploit some guys death to sell your ideology.

I think it is entirely true that people spend to much of their life worrying about the 'gadgets' or trappings and miss the big picture. Personally my view is very different to yours though - I feel that I lost about 10 years of my life to Jesus, and I am sure that you feel that now I am 'lost' without him.

Kudos.

Tragic examples are used regularly to make sales presentations e.g., life insurance industry.

I thought it was a good and respectful clip

OTH, I am always surprised by the anger of those who choose not to believe

And I am not even close to a true believer

Anyway, I thought your response was appropriate
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Kudos.

That's funny, I've never seen a sales presentation using actual footage of someone's death. Especially the footage they filmed themselves and would have no way of endorsing this sort of bullshit. Perhaps you can provide some examples of similar tragedy exploited by life insurance companies?

That's funny, I've never seen a sales presentation using actual footage of someone's death. Especially the footage they filmed themselves and would have no way of endorsing this sort of bullshit. Perhaps you can provide some examples of similar tragedy exploited by life insurance companies?

How about this one? It was on TV a while back.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faces_of_Death

Death scenes for entertainment only.

Faces of death promoted an exploration of our own mortality. It wasn't made to promote some bullshit religion. Why don't you try and dig up something relevant to your analogy and find some life insurance commercials and sales presentations?

You won't be able to find any, because no company that wanted to stay in business would do something in such poor taste. Its a shame you can't realize that.

FEAR, that is how religions work. They sell you on the fear of death and "Hell". Without the fear of hell and the promise of everlasting life, how many people could you sell on religion? Huge tax exempt, money making machines, that keep people trapped with fear. They are the most self righteous egotistical closed minded people I have ever come across. They honestly believe that every other religion is wrong and will perish and they will be with god [:/]
P.S. If hell is a place without christians, then it is my heaven.

Well -- Some people call me GIA - others call me AC --- but I am pritty sure that the name Jesus is mine --my Father leads me and my mind when it comes to sexual things - but in truth alot of us are not from this planit --- the commint in my name points to GIA - GIA and Jesus are connected- but crossing the line can mean death for some souls - spirit is spirit - IF you have a problem with what I said you can come and find me if it means that much to you - in the mean time my last name is crist - have happy dreams - - be safe jumpin ---onex

Having something never beats doing (>|<)
Iam building things - Iam working on my mind- I am going to change this world - its what I came here 4- - -

Regarless of what they are selling, use of that video shows extremely poor judgement - and taste.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

I would not have guessed FoD would ever be shown on TV. Must be some obscure cable channel? BTW, I read somewhere very little of those are real (like only 2 or 3 scenes), the rest is just good effects (for their time).

But anyway - I think there is a big difference between some over-the-top macabre psuedo-silly terror flick designed to get people trembling on the edge of their seat, versus something produced to spread the word of Christianity - or is there?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

How utterly disgusting. This just shows how desperate these idiots are getting in attempting to recruit into their fairy story club now.

Face it freaks : religion is on the way out. you can keep your eternal damnation for those of us "sinners" who don't swallow your load of jesus juice. I hope the family of this guy sue's the stupid asses off of these small minded sheep. whatever will they try next? I hate to think.

Selling fairy tales with a snuff video is the classiest thing i've seen in ages from these christain lunatics.

I wouldn't call them Christians if thats the case -- don't use my name like that -- its stupid of you - and it is a warning-- look over your shoulder- You don't have skill -- ask someone the next time your at the airport jumping--

Having something never beats doing (>|<)
Iam building things - Iam working on my mind- I am going to change this world - its what I came here 4- - -

FEAR, that is how religions work. They sell you on the fear of death and "Hell". Without the fear of hell and the promise of everlasting life, how many people could you sell on religion? Huge tax exempt, money making machines, that keep people trapped with fear. They are the most self righteous egotistical closed minded people I have ever come across. They honestly believe that every other religion is wrong and will perish and they will be with god [:/]

What's worse:

1) Someone who uses a death video to make a mesage for religion? or;

2) Someone who brands all people of all religions as fear-mongerers, money-hungry, self-righteous, egotistical and close-minded?

I see a lot of hate being spewed here in this forum by the anti-religious people, but I don't see the same coming from the religious folks.

trying to work out whether your high on acid or jesus... but either way your not making much sense. Oh and yep I got skills.... I been proxy flying and lived... have you ? I don't ever look over my shoulder as I don't have a GOD, therefore I am not held to the same MAD rules as you jebus worshippers. I just fly , and go home. simple, why complicate life ?

I see a lot of hate being spewed here in this forum by the anti-religious people, but I don't see the same coming from the religious folks.

John, first of all I regret my thread title. The abuse of someone's death really riled me. I apologise to all as I honestly don't like to swear and offend.

Secondly, I think that for the large part it is frustration with religion, rather than hatred. I know on a personal level I find it harder and harder to keep a straight face, and not make a comment when someone promotes a religious viewpoint. I also feel that we are wrong as I think that some people need religion to help them cope with the big bad world.

By way of an example think about how you generally feel about other religions? Don't you get frustrated that they are misguided, and how could they be so silly to believe in Allah, Buddha or whatever?