kallend

Santorum on birth control

From Wikipedia

United States: In 2003, from data collected in those areas that sufficiently reported gestational age, it was found that 6.2% of abortions were conducted from 13 to 15 weeks, 4.2% from 16 to 20 weeks, and 1.4% at or after 21 weeks. Because the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's annual study on abortion statistics does not calculate the exact gestational age for abortions performed past the 20th week, there are no precise data for the number of abortions performed after viability. In 1997, the Guttmacher Institute estimated the number of abortions in the U.S. past 24 weeks to be 0.08%, or approximately 1,032 per year.

How many of those after 20 weeks were for either maternal health or for non-viable deformities? Those numbers aren't recorded. But I'll bet it's a significant chunk of them.

My personal feelings are that it should be available; until 16 weeks (which is definitely before viability) without special dispensation or whatever, and after that time it would require some form of review or something.

If men got pregnant, I wonder how the debate would go. Of course, that question belongs in the other thread.:)
Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

How many of those after 20 weeks were for either maternal health or for non-viable deformities? Those numbers aren't recorded. But I'll bet it's a significant chunk of them.

Given that the numbers listed only add up to 11.8%, there's a huge range that may or may not be due to maternal health, non-viable deformities or other reasons.

My personal feelings are that it should be available; until 16 weeks (which is definitely before viability) without special dispensation or whatever, and after that time it would require some form of review or something.

That seems reasonable - which means, of course, that it will *NEVER* be considered. :P
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Ahhhh - hypocrisy in the name of God. Awesome.

Using scripture like a drunk uses a lamp-post - for support instead of illlumination. Awesome.

Luke 6:37. Or how about, Thou Shalt not Kill.

Actually, the original language is 'Thou Shalt Not Murder'.

Wow, God spoke to Moses in ENGLISH!!! Just fancy that!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

If men got pregnant, I wonder how the debate would go. Of course, that question belongs in the other thread.:)
Wendy P.

Since Santorum is on record saying that sex is for procreative purposes (and therefore contraception is wrong), it would follow that women past menopause (and their husbands) should abstain from sex.

Wendy P.

Since Santorum is on record saying that sex is for procreative purposes (and therefore contraception is wrong), it would follow that women past menopause (and their husbands) should abstain from sex.

Which means he won't make love to his wife anymore.

What a dickless fucktard!
Onward and Upward!

Using scripture like a drunk uses a lamp-post - for support instead of illlumination. Awesome.

prolly sent a text...:ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

That's a good one!

Why didn't I think of that, damn-it?

The simplistic genius of old farts never ceases to amaze me...:P
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Actually, Thou shalt not murder is the literal translation

Makes a big difference
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Makes a big difference

Oh, so now you are a Hebrew expert too. :D I guess it matches your expertise in spelling.

REAL Hebrew experts do not make such a simplistic analysis as you death penalty enthusiasts.

Makes a big difference

Did a word exist in ancient Hebrew for kill, separate from the word for murder? Do you have a reference?

Yes, at least that's what some of the ancient Hebrew experts think:

http://people.ucalgary.ca/~elsegal/Shokel/001102_ThouShaltNotMurder.html

This came up in conversation with a friend over here who really is a Hebrew language expert and she gave me a similar explanation.

:D:D

Too easy.
Never try to eat more than you can lift

Makes a big difference

Did a word exist in ancient Hebrew for kill, separate from the word for murder? Do you have a reference?

Yes, at least that's what some of the ancient Hebrew experts think:

http://people.ucalgary.ca/~elsegal/Shokel/001102_ThouShaltNotMurder.html

This came up in conversation with a friend over here who really is a Hebrew language expert and she gave me a similar explanation.

You don't even need to be an expert. First semester Hebrew students learn what rasah means.
You stop breathing for a few minutes and everyone jumps to conclusions.

What is really amazing is that grown adults in the 21st century still argue about ancient folk tales from the bronze age as if they have any basis in reality.

Hey, it's in print. It has to be true.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."

What is really amazing is that grown adults in the 21st century still argue about ancient folk tales from the bronze age as if they have any basis in reality.

Hey, it's in print. It has to be true.

Exactly, if the bible is proof of god then the Lord of the Rings is proof that Hobbits lived in the Shire
Onward and Upward!

I know, right? I mean c'mon...thou shalt not kill? How ridiculous is that, eh?

Ya, maybe it would've been more effective if he used paper and spoke in the form of a man...but chances are if some dude came up to you and told you he's God, you wouldn't believe him, but a burning bush on the other hand may be a little more convincing!

Ya, maybe it would've been more effective if he used paper and spoke in the form of a man...but chances are if some dude came up to you and told you he's God, you wouldn't believe him, but a burning bush on the other hand may be a little more convincing!

A burning bush, no so dramatic. A talking burning bush, something P. T. Barnum would die to get his hands on.
"For you see, an airplane is an airplane. A landing area is a landing area. But a dropzone... a dropzone is the people."