skinnay

If little boys could get pregnant..

Where do you see the right to do drugs in the constitition?

Then I will ,at least, know where we are starting from

The constitution does not confer the right to do anything per se. It does define the right of the federal government to restrict some things. Other than that, you are assumed to have the right to do as you wish. For example, the constitution does not enumerate the right to drive a car, skydive, etc. How could it? There are a bazillion things people do, and many of them didn't exist when the constitution was written, how could the constitution be expected to list all the things that are allowed?

Don

The constitution enumerates the specific powers of the fed gov. All else is to be left to the states

Agreed.

So how do you get from that to the notion that we as "the people" must have specific "permission", explicitly written into the Constitution, to drive a car, skydive, or do drugs?

Don

That was not from me
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

So now that we understand that you believe that drug prohibition by the United States is unconstitutional let's move on to the next issue. Homosexual marriage ... marriage is not mentioned in the constitution and thus it should be a State Power. Agreed?

Yes
I do

I'm glad that we agree. Why do you continue to support and vote for the parties creating these unconstitutional laws? Is it because these laws didn't affect you ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

So now that we understand that you believe that drug prohibition by the United States is unconstitutional let's move on to the next issue. Homosexual marriage ... marriage is not mentioned in the constitution and thus it should be a State Power. Agreed?

Yes
I do

I'm glad that we agree. Why do you continue to support and vote for the parties creating these unconstitutional laws? Is it because these laws didn't affect you ...

I support no party

Unless there is a conservative party I do not know about
Abraham Lincoln

The constitution does not confer the right to do anything per se. It does define the right of the federal government to restrict some things. Other than that, you are assumed to have the right to do as you wish. For example, the constitution does not enumerate the right to drive a car, skydive, etc. How could it? There are a bazillion things people do, and many of them didn't exist when the constitution was written, how could the constitution be expected to list all the things that are allowed?

Don

The constitution enumerates the specific powers of the fed gov. All else is to be left to the states

Agreed.

So how do you get from that to the notion that we as "the people" must have specific "permission", explicitly written into the Constitution, to drive a car, skydive, or do drugs?

Don

That was not from me

In post # 127, you wrote "Where do you see the right to do drugs in the constitition?

Then I will ,at least, know where we are starting from"

It was from you.

Don

Don

Agreed.

Don

That was not from me

In post # 127, you wrote "Where do you see the right to do drugs in the constitition?

Then I will ,at least, know where we are starting from"

It was from you.

Don

I see where you get that

I was more pointing out that the constitution does not address drugs

Nor was it meant to
Abraham Lincoln

Promoting the "general welfare" is a Federal responsibility. Preventing drugs from coming into the country is definitely a Federal responsibility. To transfer that to the states is just plain dumb. Even if it were transfered to the states, they would never lealize drugs other than marijuana for very long.

Sorry, but the Ron Paulers aren't going to get drugs legalized and Ron Paul is never going to be President. Even if he was elected, he would be impeached even if he found the authority to legalize drugs.

If he found the authority to do it, it would be rather hard to impeach him for it. And as to the never gonna happen - may be true, but it's in spite of the Constitution, not because of it. As was asked earlier - why did we need an amendment to ban drinking, but without one it's perfectly fine to ban drug use?

How is the general welfare being served by the war on drugs? Not very well. Lot of money being spent, lot of citizens being jailed for acts of sin.

Promoting the "general welfare" is a Federal responsibility. Preventing drugs from coming into the country is definitely a Federal responsibility. To transfer that to the states is just plain dumb. Even if it were transfered to the states, they would never lealize drugs other than marijuana for very long.

Sorry, but the Ron Paulers aren't going to get drugs legalized and Ron Paul is never going to be President. Even if he was elected, he would be impeached even if he found the authority to legalize drugs.

If he found the authority to do it, it would be rather hard to impeach him for it. And as to the never gonna happen - may be true, but it's in spite of the Constitution, not because of it. As was asked earlier - why did we need an amendment to ban drinking, but without one it's perfectly fine to ban drug use?

How is the general welfare being served by the war on drugs? Not very well. Lot of money being spent, lot of citizens being jailed for acts of sin.

and another one who is unable to learn the lessons of the past. Perhaps you and Butters need to read up on China and the results of legalizing opium. No thank you, I'd rather not live in a society like that. But. I know, people today are so much smarter and so different. That could never happen again. :S

and another one who is unable to learn the lessons of the past. Perhaps you and Butters need to read up on China and the results of legalizing opium. No thank you, I'd rather not live in a society like that. But. I know, people today are so much smarter and so different. That could never happen again. :S

sre you really preaching about the dangers of ignoring the lessons of the past when my post made an explicit reference to the Prohibition fiasco? Dense?

There's no getting around that a large chunk of our prison population are people who were busted for possession. This prevents us from properly enforcing sentences against people who committed real crimes. And from a medical standpoint, it's impossible to justify this jailing for the pot users. In a world where alcohol is kosher, you have to be on crack to say that pot is bad.

sre you really preaching about the dangers of ignoring the lessons of the past when my post made an explicit reference to the Prohibition fiasco? Dense?

There's no getting around that a large chunk of our prison population are people who were busted for possession. This prevents us from properly enforcing sentences against people who committed real crimes. And from a medical standpoint, it's impossible to justify this jailing for the pot users. In a world where alcohol is kosher, you have to be on crack to say that pot is bad.

Perhaps is you concerned yourself more with what I said instead of looking for your next zinger, you wouldn't look so foolish.

Hint: I referenced Opium...duh.