JohnRich

OMG! There's a gun store in my town!

News:

A gun shop in Merchantville raises questions

"I was completely startled when I saw a sign saying 'firearms and ammunition,' " says DiSalvo, who has lived in the borough for 10 years and is the mother of two grown children. "I thought, 'Why is there a gun store here?'"

Firearms pervade our culture; they make some people feel secure and others afraid. Many people have no interest in owning (much less firing) one. And we'd rather not live near a commercial establishment that supplies folks who do...
Full story: Philly.com

Freedom is funny like that. Freedom does not include a guarantee that you will never be offended. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Because freedom means everyone is free to do things that you may not like, it pretty much guarantees that you WILL be offended. Learn to get used to it. Because the alternative, where things you don't like get banned, also means that things other people don't like get banned. And when everyone is banning everything, then there's no more freedom, including your own.

Hi John,
Funny you should mention that!! "Gun Stores!" In my/your/our neighborhood!! Well. let's see, first off, there are the "Gun Stores!,"like Jims in Fayetteville and Gander Mt. of course don't forget the "Gun Show" where the anti's think you can buy any gun with no NIC, then on the other end of the scale, lets go down to the local hardware store here in good old Roseboro and low and behold tossed in among the nuts, bolts, lumber, feed and seed are "GUNS!!" I should also mention up the road at "Wallyworld" in sportinggoods are, you gussed it, guns!! WTF is the big deal?? I'd suggest that whoever is doin the gripin' needs to get a life!! Gun stores are a dime a dozen and I'm lookin' for the guy supplyin' the dimes!!

BTW Gun Control is like trying to control drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to own cars!! .....Oh brother spare me!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out

That's fine, of course. You can demand that Muslims respect the feelings of Americans at the same time that you're aghast that someone might demand that gun stores respect the feelings of Americans. You do the double standard thing quite well.

No double standard. In the case of the NYC mosque, there were tens of thousands of Americans offended by it. Maybe millions. In the case of this gun store, there's just one single lonely gun-o-phobe. And you consider these equal situations?

Do you think that a single offended individual should be just cause to shut down a business or force it to relocate?

Should a single pro-lifer be allowed to force closure of a planned parenthood office? Should a single "occupy" big-business protestor be allowed to force Wal-mart to close? Should a single relative of a skydiving accident victim be allowed to shut down skydiving centers?

>And to billvon: If that's the best quote that you can find from me showing what you
>alleged to be an "attack" by me against muslims, then I want to thank you for
>disproving your own assertion.

You'll have to take that up with JohnRich. Looks like you two disagree.

That's fine, of course. You can demand that Muslims respect the feelings of Americans at the same time that you're aghast that someone might demand that gun stores respect the feelings of Americans. You do the double standard thing quite well.

Again
Change the word to "denier" and we get that, which you try and take the high road on billvon
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

There's a new sex toys store in our town. Actually, it's an old sex toys store, which I just recently found, . . . by accident.

I'm aghast, . . . that nobody told me it was there years ago.

I'll need to go for a closer inspection before I file a complaint.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

is that a store that sells old sex toys

or an old store that sells sex toys

because you that might matter to you

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

No double standard. In the case of the NYC mosque, there were tens of thousands of Americans offended by it.

Or holding the NRA national convention in Denver right after Columbine. Many were offended by that.

I wonder what your stance was on that subject...

No double standard. In the case of the NYC mosque, there were tens of thousands of Americans offended by it.

Or holding the NRA national convention in Denver right after Columbine. Many were offended by that.

I think there was a thread on it. Recall the NRA took a lot of actions to try to be sensitive in the execution of the convention. I bet a dollar you can look up JR's comments.

Though I'd say, in that case, a better analogy for Columbine would be to question having a national bullying convention, or a teen mental health convention over the NRA.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2234351;search_string=columbine%20nra;#2234351

There you go.
Performance Designs Factory Team

Notice the sneaky reference they make to fried chicken. Coincidence? I don't think so.

Did you notice the book that's being advertised right next to the article? "Fallen" by Karen Slaughter. Is this a subliminal suggestion? Are they trying to incite people to go on a killing spree so the gun store can be shut down?

Do you really believe ad servers work by having humans read articles rather than simply searching for keywords that automatically place them?

So you are saying they are targeting me and implanting murderous subliminal messages?

YIKES !!!!!

Somebody stop me..................

Is there a "sign up" post for the subliminal message?

So you are saying they are targeting me and implanting murderous subliminal messages?

YIKES !!!!!

Somebody stop me..................

Stay low & don't bunch up, you'll be fine...BTW update your will lately? ;)

I'm thinking about handcuffing myself to the couch.
------------------------------------------------------
So you own handcuffs huh...guess your next stop will be at this very store to buy your own weapon of choice.

Another bad analogy.

That NRA convention had been scheduled there for at least a year in advance, long before the Columbine shootings. Thus, there was no insensitiveness. It wasn't done because of Columbine - it was done before there was a Columbine. And you can't just pack up and move the location of a national convention on the spur of the moment, with tens of thousands of people involved, much planning, hotel and airline reservations, and so on.

If, in a similar manner, the NYC mosque had already been under construction at the time of the 9-11 attacks, without promoting it with language of muslim conquest, then that would have removed all doubt as to the motives of the muslims building it. In that case it would have been obvious that it wasn't being done to poke a stick in the eye of Americans grieving from a muslim terrorist attack.

And this gun store was just quietly doing business in a commercial strip, with all the proper city licenses. In fact the story even says it had already been there for a year before this lady even noticed it. So that's not exactly an in-your-face style. And there's no mention of any mass murder committed with a gun in the town, that would make them especially sensitive to gun sales. Nope, just one lone gun-o-phobe acting with irrational alarm.

What an arse. Honestly, some people are so irrational when it comes to firearms.

You have to consider that the store is in New Jersey.

In New Jersey, firearms are viewed pretty much the way Harley Davidsons used to be - the only people who have them are cops and outlaws.

BSBD,

Winsor

That NRA convention had been scheduled there for at least a year in advance, long before the Columbine shootings. Thus, there was no insensitiveness. It wasn't done because of Columbine - it was done before there was a Columbine. And you can't just pack up and move the location of a national convention on the spur of the moment, with tens of thousands of people involved, much planning, hotel and airline reservations, and so on.

If, in a similar manner, the NYC mosque had already been under construction at the time of the 9-11 attacks, without promoting it with language of muslim conquest, then that would have removed all doubt as to the motives of the muslims building it. In that case it would have been obvious that it wasn't being done to poke a stick in the eye of Americans grieving from a muslim terrorist attack.

And this gun store was just quietly doing business in a commercial strip, with all the proper city licenses. In fact the story even says it had already been there for a year before this lady even noticed it. So that's not exactly an in-your-face style. And there's no mention of any mass murder committed with a gun in the town, that would make them especially sensitive to gun sales. Nope, just one lone gun-o-phobe acting with irrational alarm.

If that response doesn't button up some lips, you'd be better off just ignoring the come-backs.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

No double standard. In the case of the NYC mosque, there were tens of thousands of Americans offended by it. Maybe millions. In the case of this gun store, there's just one single lonely gun-o-phobe. And you consider these equal situations?

Oh, so 1 person doesn't have the right to not be offended, but 10,000 people do? I wonder where the cut-off is?

Should a single pro-lifer be allowed to force closure of a planned parenthood office?

How many pro-lifers should be able to close a planned parenthood office?

Should a single "occupy" big-business protestor be allowed to force Wal-mart to close?

How many 'occupy' protestors should be allowed to force Wal*Mart to close?

Should a single relative of a skydiving accident victim be allowed to shut down skydiving centers?

How many relatives should be allowed to shut down a DZ?
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>In the case of the NYC mosque, there were tens of thousands of Americans offended by it.

Yeah, well, freedom is funny like that. Freedom does not include a guarantee that you will never be offended. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Because freedom means everyone is free to do things that you may not like, it pretty much guarantees that you WILL be offended. Learn to get used to it. Because the alternative, where things you don't like get banned, also means that things other people don't like get banned. And when everyone is banning everything, then there's no more freedom, including your own.

>In the case of the NYC mosque, there were tens of thousands of Americans offended by it.

Yeah, well, freedom is funny like that. Freedom does not include a guarantee that you will never be offended. In fact, it's quite the opposite. Because freedom means everyone is free to do things that you may not like, it pretty much guarantees that you WILL be offended. Learn to get used to it. Because the alternative, where things you don't like get banned, also means that things other people don't like get banned. And when everyone is banning everything, then there's no more freedom, including your own.

It is also funny how this religion chooses to build their stuff is on or near sites where they have just perpetrated a major coup. (in their minds)

I guess when states went to shall issue the weapons companies build stores to thumb their noses at the gun-o-phobes.

Really, sir, you could do better
Abraham Lincoln

It is also funny how this religion chooses to build their stuff is on or near sites where they have just perpetrated a major coup. (in their minds)

I guess when states went to shall issue the weapons companies build stores to thumb their noses at the gun-o-phobes.

Yeah Bill, I can't believe you could even make a statement like that.....wooosh :)
Time flies like an arrow....fruit flies like a banana

Yeah Bill, I can't believe you could even make a statement like that.....wooosh :)

Woosh?:D:D

Ya, its here but it is not over my head:D
Abraham Lincoln