okalb

Remove "In God We Trust" from US currency

The one thing I have a problem with is 'tithing'. You hear these preachers and televangelists begging for money. You give and you'll be rich! In the end, that preacher/ televangelist is driving a Rolls Royce and the donaters are on food stamps. Pat Robertson is always having stories on his show how some down and outer found a dollar and donated it to some church and BINGO! Almost over night, he's in the chips living the high life'. It's all legal and tax free! What a crock! The government really needs to tap into this.

Don't even get me started!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwRGjuCfCH0

Having been raised Catholic, I firmly believe in God. I don't believe in 'organized' churches. I don't believe that by giving my hard-earned money to some con artist preacher is going to reserve me a place in heaven. I can give you a whole bunch of reasons why I believe in God but I won't waste the band-width.

Chuck

We added a little splash of red and blue and now, the background color is a tannish color! As for their size... does it matter? :D

Chuck

Some times size IS important ..... the same size thing may make it awkward for the visually impaired

What about those with small hands?

Chuck

It's only the atheists, who are scared shit-less that they might be wrong, who push this kind of unnecessary nonsense. That's why the Athe-shits are so demanding of "proof" of God.

actually that's where you are 100% wrong.
I'm a staunch atheist and I'm here to tell you if when i die I am actually wrong. then I would expect a loving care GOD of the so called chistian understanding, to accept me with open arms.
Because I live a life that i consider to be moral and just.
I would not expect, your loving and caring GOD to deny me simply be cause I didn't bow down and suffer at an effigy of him or any of he followers.

Hah... You impeached your own statement. Brilliant. You display a knowledge that belies your atheism.:S

Everyone needs a plan "B". :D

LOL...... Guess so. A professed "atheist", but a closet "believer". That's gotta be a published first, even on SC.B|

Are you saying you're a doubting Thomas? :D:D

The one thing I have a problem with is 'tithing'. You hear these preachers and televangelists begging for money. You give and you'll be rich! In the end, that preacher/ televangelist is driving a Rolls Royce and the donaters are on food stamps. Pat Robertson is always having stories on his show how some down and outer found a dollar and donated it to some church and BINGO! Almost over night, he's in the chips living the high life'. It's all legal and tax free! What a crock! The government really needs to tap into this.

Chuck

Mr. Chuck.....
Me? A Doubting Thomas? Weeeelllllll.......! Since the original " Doubting Thomas" was an Apostle, and looked Jesus in the face, I'd say that's not so bad a thing to be called. Thx.
BTW...... From another thread... By "rassling" cattle, do you mean to say you have been a Rodeo participant/contestant?

I certainly did not mean my comment negatively. Bad shot at humor. [:/]
I've never entered a rodeo as a contestant but sometimes, someone will throw a bad loop, while working calves in the pens and only catch one leg. When I'd go to flank the calf, it would 'slip' the loop on the one leg and the rodeo is ON!:D
Hell! Maybe I should've gon 'pro'. :D:D

Chuck

We added a little splash of red and blue and now, the background color is a tannish color! As for their size... does it matter? :D

Chuck

Some times size IS important ..... the same size thing may make it awkward for the visually impaired

What about those with small hands?

Chuck

:$:)

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Did not take it as a dig.
As far as "rasslin" cattle..... I'll be over here, watching at a safe distance.

Good!
Those suckers can kick! I got the scars to prove it! :D It's good work... if you can get it.

Chuck

Yup...... That wuz me running past you headed for the freakin' fence.:D:D:D:D:D

Did not take it as a dig.
As far as "rasslin" cattle..... I'll be over here, watching at a safe distance.

Good!
Those suckers can kick! I got the scars to prove it! :D It's good work... if you can get it.

Chuck

Yup...... That wuz me running past you headed for the freakin' fence.:D:D:D:D:D

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Chuck

Currency should be discontinued as a means of exchange in the US. A lot of problems would be solved with an electronic monetary system. Anyway, I bet God cares more about what is in our hearts than what is on our money.

He knows when you are sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he...

Oh, that's Santa Claus?

Disregard.

What a crock! The government really needs to tap into this.

They already do!

"Look at all the cool stuff we can do! All YOU have to do is pay your taxes....and then pay some more taxes. Oh, did I mention taxes? We'll have pie in the sky!"
:D:D[:/]
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

What a crock! The government really needs to tap into this.

They already do!

"Look at all the cool stuff we can do! All YOU have to do is pay your taxes....and then pay some more taxes. Oh, did I mention taxes? We'll have pie in the sky!"
:D:D[:/]

...and FREE Bubble-up? :o

Chuck

And even for those who claim to believe in that deity, that cannot actually agree on what exists, what the belief structure is, and to what degree the word of said deity has any meaning.

This indicates that your real problem is with the practitioners, not religion.

In other words. It offends common sense people to have a deity on our money.

Wrong. Only the emotionally radical ones and "radical" rarely allows common dense to prevail.

If there was proof beyond some reasonable doubt....maybe.

:D:D:D
You're killin' me dood.
*whoosh*

It might offend you to see all the corruption that you point out - money, entertainment, hedonism....but all you have seen apparently is the bad stuff.

Oh, the irony.
:S

I have more faith in humanity - we put men on the moon, cured diseases, found vaccines, brought food to the poor and fought world wars to destroy enemies that killed millions of people.

Well, your opinion is yours. Have at it. I'm flabbergasted that you are so proud of the wars.

Your "faith" is failing and it will continue to fail as more an more people join the planet. It will continue to fail as long as self-centered people ruse the simplicity of live ad let live. It will continue to fail as long as the busy-bodies self-righteously try to force others to live according to their misguided "common sense".
Good luck.

All is not lost - with or without 'your god' on our money.

So why the anti-religion tantrums?

keep it off my money and out of our government.

:S:S:S
Guess what? I have a stash of YOUR money. And I'm spending it like a wild man!
Doesn't that make just sick?

I hope you don't bust a blood vessel worrying about all your trivialities. Really. I do.

try not to put words in my mouth - i have a problem with religion in general, but thanks for your opinion of what I think.

Wrong. Only the emotionally radical ones and "radical" rarely allows common dense to prevail.

IYO

You're killin' me dood.
*whoosh*

no I'm not kidding - did you think I was kidding? People every day expect and demand and refuse to act without concrete definite and absolute SCIENTIFIC PROOF of global warming or climate change and if it is not there, it must be bullshit. So I am not asking for that re: 'god' - I am simply asking for any meager trace of proof that it might exist.

Well, your opinion is yours. Have at it. I'm flabbergasted that you are so proud of the wars.

At least I realize that some wars are warranted and some are not. maybe even that most are not. But some are.

Your "faith" is failing and it will continue to fail as more an more people join the planet. It will continue to fail as long as self-centered people ruse the simplicity of live ad let live. It will continue to fail as long as the busy-bodies self-righteously try to force others to live according to their misguided "common sense".
Good luck.

WTF?? have fun with that - I cannot understand your banter.....

It's not a tantrum. read the Constitution, I am allowed to publicly display my disagreement with anything. and I have a problem with organized religion penetrating my government. It's fucking evil and it promotes evil. IMO.

I hope you don't bust a blood vessel worrying about all your trivialities. Really. I do.

you obviously have no concept about how much or how little I am excited about this. I signed a petition and I typed a few words into a computer.

You would have the world believe I was on fire or something.

Your perception, not mine - sorry I cannot change that,

Insofar as "In God We trust" on our money - thats crosses the line of religion in government and get it the fuck off the fucking money. comprendez?

It's only the atheists, who are scared shit-less that they might be wrong, who push this kind of unnecessary nonsense. That's why the Athe-shits are so demanding of "proof" of God.

I'm a staunch atheist and I'm here to tell you if when i die I am actually wrong. then I would expect a loving care GOD of the so called chistian understanding, to accept me with open arms.
I would not expect, your loving and caring GOD to deny me simply be cause I didn't bow down and suffer at an effigy of him or any of he followers.

Hah... You impeached your own statement. Brilliant. You display a knowledge that belies your atheism.:S

there is NO knowledge in FAITH, it's all about "HOPE". not knowledge and fact.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I am simply asking for any meager trace of proof that it might exist.

Simple...Until science unlocks all the answers of the universe, people will always believe that God somehow initiated them...simply put, this complex shit just doesn't happen by itself...

I think all this hostility toward God by atheists is simply just a projection of frustration due to the limits of science.

If they were soooo confident, they wouldn't bitch so much...

I have a problem with organized religion penetrating my government. It's fucking evil and it promotes evil. IMO.

I agree...actually, I say it's fact. Your problem is that you're just too overzealous and have no clue how to fight it. So just continue in the vanity of your entertaining verbal ejaculation while the rest of us fight the evil religions of the world through the proper protocol...internal affairs.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

there is NO knowledge in FAITH, it's all about "HOPE". not knowledge and fact.

LOL..... The more you post, the more you attack your professed atheism. Keep it up, you doing fine.:D:D:D

try not to put words in my mouth -

What I saw. Sorry you misinterpreted.

no I'm not kidding - did you think I was kidding? People every day expect and demand and refuse to act without concrete definite and absolute SCIENTIFIC PROOF of global warming or climate change and if it is not there, it must be bullshit. So I am not asking for that re: 'god' - I am simply asking for any meager trace of proof that it might exist.

I was hoping you were kidding, yes. You, like others want physical proof of a non-physical entity. It ain't a-gonna happen and it's, let's just say, 'unreasonable' to ask for the impossible. You fail to understand that and your requirement for 'poof' is pointless. Do you not see the 'common sense' of that? Hence, the *whoosh*.

At least I realize that some wars are warranted and some are not. maybe even that most are not. But some are.

IYO

WTF?? have fun with that - I cannot understand your banter.....

Have fun telling others how to live their life. You just may get some push-back on that.

...and I have a problem with organized religion penetrating my government. It's fucking evil and it promotes evil. IMO.

This indicates (to ME, *sheesh*) that your real problem is with the practitioners, not religion.

You would have the world believe I was on fire or something.

It's not my job to have the world believe, or disbelieve anything. Sorry you misinterpreted.

Insofar as "In God We trust" on our money - thats crosses the line of religion in government and get it the fuck off the fucking money. comprendez?

:D:D:D
Burst a vessel, TK. I had no clue that you owned the money. Maybe Canadian money would better suit your purposes?

Does it just grind your shorts that other people believe different things than you and live their lives differently than what YOU want? It must be a very aggravating life you lead.

How about this?
-Leave the triviality of the money alone an find something worthwhile to rant about. Political crooks would be a good target, IMO.

-Allow others to live their life without you bashing them at every turn.

-Be secure in what YOU believe and leave others to their beliefs.

My God, man. You've picked a large battle to fight. There are sooooo many different religions for you to fight against. I worry about you health....mental AND physical.

I'm done.
I've presented you with optional points of view. You reject them. Fine. Stick to your guns come hell or high water, my man.
G'day.

My God, man. You've picked a large battle to fight. There are sooooo many different religions for you to fight against. I worry about you health....mental AND physical.

Ain't no rest for the wicked...:P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKtsdZs9LJo&ob=av3e

Well, now a couple hours passed and I was sittin' at my house
The day was windin' down and comin' to an end
And so I turned on the TV and flipped it over to the news
And what I saw I almost couldn't comprehend

I saw a preacher man in cuffs, he'd taken money from the church
He stuffed his bank account with righteous dollar bills

Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

Jeez Louise. Don't we have bigger fish to fry?

If this is some private party moron with nothing better to do, they need to simply be ignored.

If there is any government effort going into it, those people need to be given some real work to do.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Athiest is another name for BORG - as witch-craft is cool as long as it gets me there - take In GOD WE TRUST - off that dollar - and you will have a civil war on your hands - all over again - people are sick of teck lies and false truths about health - I saw a regene protien in the army - and that stuff is real- People need a place to report - gather - grow - seek - build - structure their minds - and challenge - phylisophicly - and respectfuly - use something other then the tiding spirit of Crist and the name of GOD - and then watch Dead people walk all over the face of the Earth.

Having something never beats doing (>|<)
Iam building things - Iam working on my mind- I am going to change this world - its what I came here 4- - -