okalb

Remove "In God We Trust" from US currency

It's only the atheists, who are scared shit-less that they might be wrong, who push this kind of unnecessary nonsense. That's why the Athe-shits are so demanding of "proof" of God.

actually that's where you are 100% wrong.
I'm a staunch atheist and I'm here to tell you if when i die I am actually wrong. then I would expect a loving care GOD of the so called chistian understanding, to accept me with open arms.
Because I live a life that i consider to be moral and just.
I would not expect, your loving and caring GOD to deny me simply be cause I didn't bow down and suffer at an effigy of him or any of he followers.

Hah... You impeached your own statement. Brilliant. You display a knowledge that belies your atheism.:S

Everyone needs a plan "B". :D

It offends common sense people to have a deity on our money. If there was proof beyond some reasonable doubt....maybe.

meh, most people including many atheists don't care...only the butt hurt analists give a shart that allows them something to cry about.

"In God We Trust" represents an historical truth of this country, like it or not...those words do not oppress nor force you to do anything.

Now I suppose you'd say something typical like, "what if we put 'Fuck God' on the money." Well then, that would just be a douche bag move out of malice against something that was never meant to hurt or offend anyone.

Have your beliefs. fine. keep it off my money and out of our government.

It's not your money...it can lose it's value at anytime rendering it a useless historical document with which I'm sure you'd gladly wipe your ass...if it pisses you off so much just use a fuckin' debit card, sheesh!:D
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

...most people including many atheists don't care....

back that up please.....

(Assuming they're atheist)
Billvon: Don't really care either way.
ianmdrennan: Don't care either way.
rehmwa:Who cares?

Normiss and the others really didn't seem to care so much either, tho they didn't explicitly say so...

"In God We Trust" represents an historical truth of this country, like it or not...those words do not oppress nor force you to do anything.

True dat. They were added in 1861 at the start of the Civil War.

Everything that already exists is part of our history, including the "under God" in the Pledge of Allegiance (1952). That also includes the no-prayer-in-public-schools decision, the wall between church and state (after all, the supreme court, in enforcing it, made it a part of history regardless).

You can't make history, only the future. Therefore it behooves us to speak of what we want the future to be like, and then figure out how to get there, rather than just relying on "the past."

If nothing else, the 30's didn't look anything like Norman Rockwell painted them -- it was the Depression, after all.

Wendy P.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

>Maybe we can have atheistic and theist currency...

Sure! "Give to God what is God's and give to Ceasar what is Caesar's" and all that. One would be legal tender for all secular debts public and private. The other would be redeemable by God on demand.

>Maybe we can have atheistic and theist currency...

Sure! "Give to God what is God's and give to Ceasar what is Caesar's" and all that. One would be legal tender for all secular debts public and private. The other would be redeemable by God on demand.

If he accepts Catholic indulgences (bribes for your dead loved ones to get into heaven) then I think he'll redeem anything!

It's only the atheists, who are scared shit-less that they might be wrong, who push this kind of unnecessary nonsense. That's why the Athe-shits are so demanding of "proof" of God.

I'm a staunch atheist and I'm here to tell you if when i die I am actually wrong. then I would expect a loving care GOD of the so called chistian understanding, to accept me with open arms.
I would not expect, your loving and caring GOD to deny me simply be cause I didn't bow down and suffer at an effigy of him or any of he followers.

Hah... You impeached your own statement. Brilliant. You display a knowledge that belies your atheism.:S

LOL...... Guess so. A professed "atheist", but a closet "believer". That's gotta be a published first, even on SC.B|

LOL...... Guess so. A professed "atheist", but a closet "believer". That's gotta be a published first, even on SC.B|

Are you saying you're a doubting Thomas? :D:D

The one thing I have a problem with is 'tithing'. You hear these preachers and televangelists begging for money. You give and you'll be rich! In the end, that preacher/ televangelist is driving a Rolls Royce and the donaters are on food stamps. Pat Robertson is always having stories on his show how some down and outer found a dollar and donated it to some church and BINGO! Almost over night, he's in the chips living the high life'. It's all legal and tax free! What a crock! The government really needs to tap into this.

Chuck

I still believe it's wasted advertising space that we could 'generate revenue' with

YOUR AD HERE

for the children

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

The one thing I have a problem with is 'tithing'. You hear these preachers and televangelists begging for money. You give and you'll be rich! In the end, that preacher/ televangelist is driving a Rolls Royce and the donaters are on food stamps. Pat Robertson is always having stories on his show how some down and outer found a dollar and donated it to some church and BINGO! Almost over night, he's in the chips living the high life'. It's all legal and tax free! What a crock! The government really needs to tap into this.

Don't even get me started!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwRGjuCfCH0

Theists can have God blasting out a lightning bolt...

:D

Would that god would be Thor or one of the hundreds of newer ones?
"Science, logic and reason will fly you to the moon. Religion will fly you into buildings."
"Because figuring things out is always better than making shit up."

How about the Great Babini!

...tho, I think he'd be no match for Adonai, creator of heaven and earth.

I suspect it depends on the delivery system:

is the bolt coming out of his eyes? a handheld blaster? his mouth? butt? a pointing finger? if so, which finger?

I really can't narrow it down without more info

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

We added a little splash of red and blue and now, the background color is a tannish color! As for their size... does it matter? :D

Chuck

Some times size IS important ..... the same size thing may make it awkward for the visually impaired

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

It should be changed to:

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs."

"from each according to his ability, to each as pandering dictates"?

or even

"all for Smee"

>How about "from each, to each?"

With a picture of Karl Marx! And something about "comrade." Not sure what.

Ok, a picture of Karl Marx, and something to do with Acts 11:29!

Deal?

Are you saying you're a doubting Thomas? :D:D

Chuck

Mr. Chuck.....
Me? A Doubting Thomas? Weeeelllllll.......! Since the original " Doubting Thomas" was an Apostle, and looked Jesus in the face, I'd say that's not so bad a thing to be called. Thx.
BTW...... From another thread... By "rassling" cattle, do you mean to say you have been a Rodeo participant/contestant?

I still believe it's wasted advertising space that we could 'generate revenue' with

YOUR AD HERE

for the children

Go Daddy.com... 'Drink Dr. Pepper... and the big corporaions could pay big bucks for the ad space. A picture of a Clydesdale would be much more and that could help the national debt! You're brilliant! B|

Chuck