okalb

Remove "In God We Trust" from US currency

>It's only the atheists, who are scared shit-less that they might be wrong, who
>push this kind of unnecessary nonsense.

And it's only the religious nuts, who are afraid there is really no God, who need constant suggestions that there is. The people who are confident in their beliefs don't need any reminders.

>It's only the atheists, who are scared shit-less that they might be wrong, who
>push this kind of unnecessary nonsense.

And it's only the religious nuts, who are afraid there is really no God, who need constant suggestions that there is. The people who are confident in their beliefs don't need any reminders.

So, you're saying that there are nuts on both side of the question? Those who need proof, and those who want reinforcement.

Interesting perspective.
Especially given that the bible thumpers insisted it go on there in the first place.
:S
I prefer to ignore the same type of unnecessary nonsense from that make believe world they live in.

Then continue to ignore. Why involve yourself in a discipline that you do not participate in? When folks visit foreign lands, rarely do they actually read, or even give two shits about the design of currency. Just that it is spend-able.
If you want to buy a loaf of bread, then concern yourself with the loaf. Not the bread........

They routinely redesign the currency anyway, to keep the counterfeiters at bay. So if it's decided to take it out, then take it out on the next redesign.

This. No special replacement is necessary, just do it through attrition, thereby gradually making the pieces with "In God We Trust" on them worth more than their face value.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

They routinely redesign the currency anyway, to keep the counterfeiters at bay. So if it's decided to take it out, then take it out on the next redesign.

This. No special replacement is necessary, just do it through attrition, thereby gradually making the pieces with "In God We Trust" on them worth more than their face value.

Blues,
Dave

this, but while we're at it then -

replace it with "in spending cuts we trust"

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

You really want to start a fight now don't you?!?!?!
:D:D:D

how about "I get by with a little help from my friends"

or just "get some"

Edit: I'm not sticking true to my libertarian and agnostic roots. Here's my final answer:

We need to charge it out as advertising space to increase direct revenue. "Drink Pepsi" and such

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

It should be banned, and all money bearing the motto should be de-circulated. The motto was adopted in clear violation of the Establishment Clause of the Constitution. Federal court decisions have been split, but those that have ruled otherwise have been intellectually dishonest. And it should be done now. Attrition is for pussies. Will it cost money to do it that way? Hell, yeah. Well, tough shit; the right wing fuckers should have thought of that first. We should impose a tax to get the job done. We'll pay for the tax by de-commissioning one of the aircraft carrier battle groups that we don't really need. Freedom of religion also means freedom FROM religion. And freedom isn't free!

Yeah, baby.

that's a sweet sweet rant

(I wonder who will take you seriously and write an angry response?) (and yes, this post of mine will be present, yet someone will do it anyway - the beauty of SC)

Interesting perspective.
Especially given that the bible thumpers insisted it go on there in the first place.
:S
I prefer to ignore the same type of unnecessary nonsense from that make believe world they live in.

I thought the "In God We Trust" was put on money to distinguish us from the Soviet Union's atheistic outlook at the start of the cold war? Am I right or wrong?
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

>So, you're saying that there are nuts on both side of the question?

No! Only the other side are nuts!

(Sorry, just had to make that reply Speaker's Corner compatible. There are definitely nuts on _all_ sides of the issue.)

Well spoken. It seems an education at MIT duz have some value. I mean, after all, who doesn't have a Masters?