jclalor

Romney ‘Not Concerned About the Very Poor’

Yep. In his defense, perhaps he saw a poll.

Huh. you lost me Bill. You did read the entire artical didn't you. Did you watch and listen to the entire video?

Or are you commenting on he saw a poll that is making him push for the middle class?
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

You can't make this stuff up.

Or you can read the entire artical....and you don't have to worry about making this stuff up.

Romney is spot on. The rich don't need help, the poor don't need more help. The middle class is getting killed.

Besides he's just preparing to defend his success. Certainly he's a bad person because he was successful.

Romney isn't successful; his daddy was, and his granddaddy even moreso.
Mitt has been groomed from birth by his family and religion to be the President; it's part of his LDS Patriarchal promise. He's inherited and been handed to.

If someone hands you a few million $$, is that personal success?

I'd be willing to try it out and see.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Or you can read the entire artical....and you don't have to worry about making this stuff up.

Romney is spot on. The rich don't need help, the poor don't need more help. The middle class is getting killed.

Besides he's just preparing to defend his success. Certainly he's a bad person because he was successful.

Mitt has been groomed from birth by his family and religion to be the President; it's part of his LDS Patriarchal promise. He's inherited and been handed to.

Archie Manning handed his 2 sons a football. Does that diminish their abilities?

Archie Manning handed his 2 sons a football. Does that diminish their abilities?

If someone handed me $5M and I turned it into $10M - then I'd call that a personal success.

If I turned it into $2M, then I'd call it something else - either a REALLY great few years and some outrageous parties and vacations (personal success) - or a financial fiasco (personal fail). Depends on what my goals were.....

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

>Or are you commenting on he saw a poll that is making him push for the middle class?

No, I'm commenting on him changing his mind.

Jan 13: "If you've been out of work for a long period of time, you know these numbers are not just statistics. These numbers are real people, and real suffering. . . I'm concerned about the poor in this country. We have to make sure the safety net is strong and able to help those who can't help themselves."

Feb 1: "“I’m not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there."

>Or are you commenting on he saw a poll that is making him push for the middle class?

No, I'm commenting on him changing his mind.

Jan 13: "If you've been out of work for a long period of time, you know these numbers are not just statistics. These numbers are real people, and real suffering. . . I'm concerned about the poor in this country. We have to make sure the safety net is strong and able to help those who can't help themselves."

Feb 1: "“I’m not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there."

It's very simple:

concerned
adjective
1. interested or affected
2. troubled or anxious
3. having a connection or involvement; participating

One can show an interest in someone without being troubled or anxious about them.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

\
Romney gave all his inherited money to charity
He did not need it as he was already rich when his dad passed
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

If someone handed me $5M and I turned it into $10M - then I'd call that a personal success.

Depends on the time frame. Outside of this last decade, the market averages say that you dump that 5M into the S&P500 and wait 7 years and you will have doubled it.

In any event, Romney seems to have made his money at Bain, not because he inherited it.

If someone hands you a few million $$, is that personal success

Oh what horse shit. The only difference is the zero's after waht he made. If his father handed all of his money to him and he made not one penny or lost it - he's a loser. Romeny didn't do that and if you read just a little - just a bit - you could educate yourself to that level.

Love or hate the guy he has been very successful but that didn't happen because of his father or grandfather. He was educated by successful men perhaps but many are and aren't successful.

I just don't understand just making up shit to put someone down. READ his history. HATE his politcal positions if you want but re-writing history to fit what some notion of unfair advantage is bs.
Kevin Keenan is my hero, a double FUP, he does so much with so little

If someone hands you a few million $$, is that personal success

Oh what horse shit. The only difference is the zero's after waht he made. If his father handed all of his money to him and he made not one penny or lost it - he's a loser. Romeny didn't do that and if you read just a little - just a bit - you could educate yourself to that level.

Love or hate the guy he has been very successful but that didn't happen because of his father or grandfather. He was educated by successful men perhaps but many are and aren't successful.

I just don't understand just making up shit to put someone down. READ his history. HATE his politcal positions if you want but re-writing history to fit what some notion of unfair advantage is bs.

+1
Abraham Lincoln

I have a cousin who is now age 66. He spent many sessions in the county jail, never ever worked other than short term menial jobs ( not very many ), did check fraud, DUI's..... I will leave off the rest. I don't wish him ill, but I don't really care, either. One way or the other. ( for the record, yes he is poor, but not starving or anything. for the record, the heartache he caused so many many people in the family is indescribable. )
For those people who are fans of the poor, it is not that I wouldn't buy anyone a meal who might really need it, I would. But I don't want to send them a check every month.

I have a cousin who is now age 66. He spent many sessions in the county jail, never ever worked other than short term menial jobs ( not very many ), did check fraud, DUI's..... I will leave off the rest. I don't wish him ill, but I don't really care, either. One way or the other. ( for the record, yes he is poor, but not starving or anything. for the record, the heartache he caused so many many people in the family is indescribable. )
For those people who are fans of the poor, it is not that I wouldn't buy anyone a meal who might really need it, I would. But I don't want to send them a check every month.

The say thing is , the quote you reply to here is out of context

He continued stating that the poor already had a safety net and if that net was broken he would find a way to fix it

I dont like Romeny much but the lies are bull shit
Abraham Lincoln

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lShAGXOFuQc

The BHO people will attempt to make much of this unfortunate political remark. However, Romney was right. The poor have been pandered to enough and the rich can take care of themselves.

It is the middle class that needs help. Economic recovery is for the middle class, willing to work, desire to work, so they can buy houses and durable goods.

BTW, Romney is not a Christian. He is a Mormon. You know that and you know the difference. :P
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

>I'm guessing the choices are Mitt and the imaginary one living inside your head.

The choices are between the Mitt who said "I'm concerned about the poor in this country. We have to make sure the safety net is strong and able to help those who can't help themselves" and the Mitt who said "I’m not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there."

One apparently is concerned about the poor and one isn't. Which one do you think is right?

>I'm guessing the choices are Mitt and the imaginary one living inside your head.

The choices are between the Mitt who said "I'm concerned about the poor in this country. We have to make sure the safety net is strong and able to help those who can't help themselves" and the Mitt who said "I’m not concerned about the very poor. We have a safety net there."

One apparently is concerned about the poor and one isn't. Which one do you think is right?

The one who is concerned about the poor in the sense that he has an interest in them...He wants to make sure the safety net is strong.

The same one who is not concerned about the poor in the sense of being anxious because the safety net IS strong.

concerned
adjective
1. interested or affected
2. troubled or anxious
3. having a connection or involvement; participating
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

... However, Romney was right. The poor have been pandered to enough and the rich can take care of themselves.

It is the middle class that needs help. Economic recovery is for the middle class, willing to work, desire to work, so they can buy houses and durable goods.

+1

Everyone here seems to be missing the point of Romney's remarks.

He said there are safety nets for the very poor, and we should shore up the holes in those nets.

The middle class should be the focus. Jobs for the middle class means more jobs for the very poor.

Everyone seems to forget that traditionally, the middle class is middle management for factories and such. Bringing factories and manufacturing back to America is bringing the middle class back to America. If the middle class has a job, that means that all the "little people" have jobs also.

focusing on the middle class IS focusing on all of America.
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything