dreamdancer

Occupy 101

get those jackboots on...

Yesterday, the Oakland Police deployed hundreds of officers in riot gear so as to prevent Occupy Oakland from putting a building, vacant for 6 years with no plans for use, from being occupied and “re-purposed” as a community center. The Occupy Oakland GA passed a proposal calling for the space to be turned into a social center, convergence center and headquarters of the Occupy Oakland movement.

The police actions tonight cost the city of Oakland hundreds of thousands of dollars, and they repeatedly violated their own crowd control guidelines and protesters civil rights.

With all the problems in our city, should preventing activists from putting a vacant building to better use be their highest priority? Was it worth the hundreds of thousands of dollars they spent?

http://dissenter.firedoglake.com/2012/01/29/city-of-oaklands-increasing-hostility-toward-occupy-movement/

Why not put up something important like the *jackboots* at work in Syria?

He'd rather post news articles about a bunch of law breaking' lazy, dead-beat, low-life SOB's trying to leech off our society and steal a free ride at other's expense. SSDD...

Chuck

tell me what you really think.

Jack

No Moderater has ever asked me to do shit.

Actually, it was addressed to your alter-ego BoogeyMan HERE, just before "he" disappeared from SC, which was immediately before "you" created "your" account. But, if you want to go on thinking we're idiots, that's up to you.

get those jackboots on...

Yesterday, the Oakland Police deployed hundreds of officers in riot gear so as to prevent Occupy Oakland from putting a building, vacant for 6 years with no plans for use, from being occupied and “re-purposed” as a community center. The Occupy Oakland GA passed a proposal calling for the space to be turned into a social center, convergence center and headquarters of the Occupy Oakland movement.

The police actions tonight cost the city of Oakland hundreds of thousands of dollars, and they repeatedly violated their own crowd control guidelines and protesters civil rights.

With all the problems in our city, should preventing activists from putting a vacant building to better use be their highest priority? Was it worth the hundreds of thousands of dollars they spent?

http://dissenter.firedoglake.com/2012/01/29/city-of-oaklands-increasing-hostility-toward-occupy-movement/

Why not put up something important like the *jackboots* at work in Syria?

He'd rather post news articles about a bunch of law breaking' lazy, dead-beat, low-life SOB's trying to leech off our society and steal a free ride at other's expense. SSDD...

Chuck

tell me what you really think.

Jack

I did!

Chuck

The law's intent was to help ranchers and others who had tended vacant land for years, so they could eventually gain legal ownership of the property. That's done by filing a document called an adverse possession affidavit with the county clerk.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/12/04/3568832/squatters-claim-more-than-8-million.html

How many of those ranchers committed breaking and entering, destruction of property, or other crimes before improving the land and claiming it? Did you miss the part where is was vacant land, and the potential owners improved it through hard work before claiming it?

These anarchists are criminals and dirtbags. They are taking the fruits of other's labor and claiming it for themselves. They don't want a fair share, they want a controlling share with no effort expended. They are thieves, bullies, liars, and worse. Their move further and further into the criminal realm is their own choice. It has nothing to do with pressure from the government. It is a result of their flawed philosophy and over developed sense of entitlement. They are bringing a heavier hand down on themselves. Fools and beggars, but without the sense of respect necessary to ask rather than demand.
witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

The law's intent was to help ranchers and others who had tended vacant land for years, so they could eventually gain legal ownership of the property. That's done by filing a document called an adverse possession affidavit with the county clerk.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/12/04/3568832/squatters-claim-more-than-8-million.html

How many of those ranchers committed breaking and entering, destruction of property, or other crimes before improving the land and claiming it? Did you miss the part where is was vacant land, and the potential owners improved it through hard work before claiming it?

These anarchists are criminals and dirtbags. They are taking the fruits of other's labor and claiming it for themselves. They don't want a fair share, they want a controlling share with no effort expended. They are thieves, bullies, liars, and worse. Their move further and further into the criminal realm is their own choice. It has nothing to do with pressure from the government. It is a result of their flawed philosophy and over developed sense of entitlement. They are bringing a heavier hand down on themselves. Fools and beggars, but without the sense of respect necessary to ask rather than demand.

Damned good response! #1!!!

Chuck

The problem is that these people think they have greater rights that everyone else. Yes. They think they have greater rights. They think their rights usurp those of property owners.

Notice how dreamdancer pointed to “unused buildings.” Hey, somebody owns that property but isn’t using it. Now, most people think that a property owner has a right to that property. Not an occupier. They collectively decide that their right to use the property is superior to the right of the owner NOT to use it.

I’ve decided that the next time I hear of an occupy protest, I’m going to scope it out. When some occupier parks the car to go over and protest, I’ll say to myself, “Self. That car isn’t being used right now. I don’t think it’s fair that the car is not being used. Cars aren’t meant to be parked. They are meant to be driven! Thus, I’m going to use that unused car.”

Or what about the twenty bucks the occupier has. “That cash is for buying things. That occupier isn’t using it or her credit cards. That’s not right. The money and credit should be used. I’ll take the money and unused credit and use it!”

Being a good hearted person, the occupier will understand that I’m merely using things she has chosen not to use. They wouldn’t object, would they?

In fact, the police have batons. Batons aren’t issued just to stay in the holster. They are meant to be used. Tear gas canisters are supposed to be used. So the police, in deference to the occupiers thinking that stuff should be used, simply used batons and tear gas!

My wife is hotter than your wife.

+1

I compare them to cockroaches. They'll show-up anywhere and you can't get rid of them. There should be a bounty on them.

Chuck

those jackboots are a good fit. you can strut in them with pride...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

I compare them to cockroaches. They'll show-up anywhere and you can't get rid of them. There should be a bounty on them.

Chuck

You're way off the mark there bub! Since when, can't I protect my home and property against a bunch of low-life leeching scum? In this country, I have the right to keep and bear arms and the right to protect what's mine. If, you don't like that, it's too damned bad. Anyone who supports these 'occupiers' is on the same level and they aren't 'entitled' to a damned thing.

Chuck

Chuck

You're way off the mark there bub! Since when, can't I protect my home and property against a bunch of low-life leeching scum? In this country, I have the right to keep and bear arms and the right to protect what's mine. If, you don't like that, it's too damned bad. Anyone who supports these 'occupiers' is on the same level and they aren't 'entitled' to a damned thing.

Chuck

so you're calling me a cockroach too...

(all that hate billvon - lap it up)
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

Chuck

Chuck

Where, in any of my posts, did I call you, personally, a 'cockroach'? You and your twisting words to start a bunch of shit is getting real old. I find what you post, inflamatory and inciteful. So, slow-down there dood!

Chuck

Chuck

Chuck

Where, in any of my posts, did I call you, personally, a 'cockroach'? You and your twisting words to start a bunch of shit is getting real old. I find what you post, inflamatory and inciteful. So, slow-down there dood!

Chuck

True, that is what he does and how he acts, the upside is normal and cooler heads tend to prevail and have a good discussion about the topic, no matter how off base he is when it starts.

The Oakland issue is odd. The OWS/Oak folks say the buildings are abandoned, yet in doing minimal research so far the ones claimed as abandoned are not, they are open for rent or sale.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Chuck

Chuck

Chuck

True, that is what he does and how he acts, the upside is normal and cooler heads tend to prevail and have a good discussion about the topic, no matter how off base he is when it starts.

The Oakland issue is odd. The OWS/Oak folks say the buildings are abandoned, yet in doing minimal research so far the ones claimed as abandoned are not, they are open for rent or sale.

Matt

Anytime someone stands-up to him, he screams 'PA' to the mods. Yet, I have yet to see anyone 'PA' him. :S

Interesting. As you said, these buildings are owned by someone. Right now, they are vacant but that doesn't change the fact that the 'occupiers' are trespassing. I don't believe, the police can arrest the occupiers for trespassing until, the rightful owner files a complaint. Which is exactly what I think they should do. Every time someone steps foot on that property who doesn't belong there. Then, the police can do something.

Chuck

>the ones claimed as abandoned are not, they are open for rent or sale.

That's probably what they are claiming. "Well, they're not rented, so they're abandoned."

So, does that just leave them 'up for grabs'? Is there a law that says that because a building is not occupied that anyone can just take it over?

Chuck

>So, does that just leave them 'up for grabs'?

Of course not. But they see an empty building and think "hey, look, it's abandoned and nobody wants it!"

I see what you're saying. Bottom line, they take it over and they are subject to arrest for trespassing. What amazes me is, these 'occupiers' are allowed to continue.

Chuck