jclalor

Gingrich wanted ‘open marriage’ with both wife and mistress

Yup, I understand that. So, if you were on a ski trip to Lake Tahoe, and one of your party became sick, you would return to CA.?

No. Would I call a doctor in NYC and say, "What do I do?" No. Would I say, "Hey. Dr. Krauthammer. I think I may have strep. Can you call in a script for me for a Z-pack?" Krauthammer would say, "I can't. I'm not licensed there. And if you think I'm going to give a diagnosis and write you a prescription without an in person exam, you're high."

At least that's what an ethical doctor would do.

I have no problem with a guy writing his opinion based on his experience and training. But holding ones self out as a psychiatrist giving that opinion is a bit different.

See Kelpdiver post 149. You got owned.

Lemme just say this is going to be the absolute most awesome thread to revisit if somehow Newt gets the Republican nomination. ;)

Holy shit. I'm having nightmares now.
[:/]
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

If Newt was a clergyman convicted of molesting young boys it would not matter. As long at the Republicans think he can beat Obama, he will be nominated.

Same for any candidate. They would nominate Hitler if they thought he could win - that is how fucked up the system actually is.....

Then why the hell would you write "return to California" if you were there in the first place?

I, myself, prefer to educate an opponent. Your post hoc reasoning is atrocious.

Simple. You live in west CA.
At Heavenly ski resort, you can ride trails that take you from Nevada to CA. In fact, there's a large wooden sign, that sometimes has balloons attached, welcoming you to CA. When you backtracked on Krauthammers expertise, I knew I had you. Hell, I almost sent you a C&P of the Rules of Evidence on expert witnesses to jog your memory. Kelpdiver was the only one to stay kool, and see the pitfall. I was sure that BV had caught it too.
Admit it. You got angry, and wanted to knock me off my high horse. Man up. Great fun, though.B|

Please lock the thread - it's been, what? 3 or 4 pages of just 5 or 6 people standing in a circle poking each other with pointy sticks?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

And what difference does it make?

The difference is that it's an irrelevant distraction to the topic you were trying to talk about and have now been steered away from.

Apparently if BoogeyMan can get you to fall into a semantic trap totally unconnected to the issue his metaphor is purporting to illustrate then it means he was right all along.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Then why the hell would you write "return to California" if you were there in the first place?

I, myself, prefer to educate an opponent. Your post hoc reasoning is atrocious.

it seems this was some sort of super duper cunning trap. He makes a mistake and if you don't point it out, you're the one that gets owned.

Probably the same logic Newt uses around his stance on the sanctity of marriage.

Hi Paul,

This thread just officially got a lot more hilarious.

And now with Newt's win in South Carolina, the entire Republican nominating process is getting even more hilarious.

:S

JerryBaumchen
A former Republican for 40+ yrs - I didn't leave them, they left me.

Nothing will ever be as humorous as watching the lefties get all stirred up about a community organizer preaching Hope and Change. They fell for it hoo, line and sinker. Then he went on to do exactly what community organizer do best, suck money from the government and spend, spend,spend. It has been like watching a child on a shopping spree in a candy store.

I wonder how many of the people raggin' on Newt have a spotless marital record...hypocrites.

You'd think that those who can't stick to their commitments would understand...I mean, this should be their guy, right?
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

I wonder how many of the people raggin' on Newt have a spotless marital record...

I'm guessing very few people "raggin' on Newt" are attempting to run for the Presidency and have tried to use "family values" as a divisive issue to influence voters.

While I think it's none of my business what the man does in his personal life . . . that is a valid difference between say, him and most of the people on the planet.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

I wonder how many of the people raggin' on Newt have a spotless marital record...hypocrites.

INCORRECT.
Newt's personal life is not the issue. The issue is that his personal life is at variance with the platform he runs on, which makes him the hypocrite.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

INCORRECT.
Newt's personal life is not the issue. The issue is that his personal life is at variance with the platform he runs on, which makes him the hypocrite.

OMG, an imperfect politician.:o

Oh, the humanity!
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

INCORRECT.

OMG, an imperfect politician.:o

Oh, the humanity!

And then they criticize Santorum for adhering to his family values platform.