rushmc

A disgusting political move

The House of Representatives is expected to vote on Wednesday on the Obama administration's request to raise the country's legal debt limit to $16.394 trillion.

However, unless the lower chamber and the Senate are able to shore up enough votes to block the White House request, the debt limit will be increased by $1.2 trillion next Friday and a repeat of last year's debt ceiling debacle will be averted.

Holy Fuck,,,I thought Canadian politicians were bad, Obama is unbelievable!!!!

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

>How high should it be allowed to go?

You're right.

Remember when all the Tea Party politicians were promising to cut spending if they were elected? Looks like they failed pretty miserably. No wonder congressional approval is hovering around 13%.

Yes, it sucks how the GOP is holding the country to ransom.

It sucks how the Dems couldn't have passed a limit increase in the 2 years they had control of all 3 branches, and sucks even worse that they use such blatant ploys as the one you just spewed as political points.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You're right.

Remember when all the Tea Party politicians were promising to cut spending if they were elected? Looks like they failed pretty miserably. No wonder congressional approval is hovering around 13%.

60-some Representatives are supposed to be able to block legislature? Pretty lame try, Bill.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

You're right.

You're being purposefully obtuse to some other end. The Executive branch of government is where the buck stops on this issue.

Yeah I read the entire article, it's a facet of USA politics I wasn't aware of till last year, 16.3 Trillion is mindboggling, truthfully I haven't paid much attention to world markets and politics, I only started paying attention in September of 2007 when this most recent recession wiped me out financially.[:/]:o:|

"The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it." - Michelangelo

You're right.

You're being purposeful obtuse to some other end. The Executive branch of government is where the buck stops on this issue.

No, actually, it's very much a shared responsibility between Congress and the President. By Constitution, Congress has the power of the purse-strings, and passes appropriations bills. By Federal statute, the President is required to submit a proposed budget (which is to say, a proposed appropriations bill) to Congress annually. After he does, Congress then marks it up, fights with each other, fights with the President, goes on MSNBC, goes on Fox"News", and ultimately passes a Congressionally-revised budget bill, which goes back to the President for signature or veto. Then we're all fucked till the next year. Bend over and cough.

You're right.

You're being purposeful obtuse to some other end. The Executive branch of government is where the buck stops on this issue.

No, actually, it's very much a shared responsibility between Congress and the President. By Constitution, Congress has the power of the purse-strings, and passes appropriations bills. By Federal statute, the President is required to submit a proposed budget (which is to say, a proposed appropriations bill) to Congress annually. After he does, Congress then marks it up, fights with each other, fights with the President, goes on MSNBC, goes on Fox"News", and ultimately passes a Congressionally-revised budget bill, which goes back to the President for signature or veto. Then we're all fucked till the next year. Bend over and cough.

Uhhhhhhhhhh......... Thank you for your input, counselor.

Pay the girl at the front desk on your way out.

The ugly one or the pret.... never mind.

They're all pretty; Shah moonlights as my office manager.

How much did all the boob jobs cost you?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Pay the girl at the front desk on your way out.

The ugly one or the pret.... never mind.

They're all pretty; Shah moonlights as my office manager.

How much did all the boob jobs cost you?

:D was Shah included in on that?
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

Was it equally disgusting the 4 times it happened under Bush's administration?

Yes, it was!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

How high should it be allowed to go?

http://news.yahoo.com/treasury-dips-pension-funds-avoid-debt-limit-202850021.html

Treasury dips into pension funds to avoid debt

How do you figure? To me it sounds like the GOP is protecting the little guys retirement in this case. Or do you not care about him because federal employees don't have collective bargaining rights?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it supposed to be government paychecks that brought back the economy?:ph34r:
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

How high should it be allowed to go?

http://news.yahoo.com/treasury-dips-pension-funds-avoid-debt-limit-202850021.html

Treasury dips into pension funds to avoid debt

How do you figure? To me it sounds like the GOP is protecting the little guys retirement in this case. Or do you not care about him because federal employees don't have collective bargaining rights?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it supposed to be government paychecks that brought back the economy?:ph34r:

Seems to have worked for GM, Chrysler, and the big banks:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Obama is unbelievable!!!!

Did you read the complete article? This device, a temporary suspension of payments into the G-Fund, has been done six times over the past 20 years.

And that makes it right?
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.