gher

Tebow

Your challenges and ridicule only make us stonger.

You're confusing "Christianity" with Nietzsche, which is a pretty big mistake.

You don't know much about christianity do you?

2 Corinthians 12:10
For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
Cross references:2 Corinthians 12:10 : [2Cor 5:15]; See Matt. 5:11, 122 Corinthians 12:10 : Rom. 5:32 Corinthians 12:10 : [2Cor 13:4]
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

The guy is just great for the faith . . .

Not to put too fine a point on it though . . . the name of the game is FOOTBALL.

So while some people may find his faith refreshing, the only thing most peole care about is whether or not he actually delivers the game. He's done a bit of that, but to place him on some sort of a pedestal simply because of his faith is silly.

What's silly is you're reading "football" when Coreece is talking about "faith".
Duh.

The more people...hold up his faith as a shining example of anything, ....

Well, sir. Like it or not, his faith drives his behavior which IS a shining example to us all. Some get it, some don't. Sorry for you.

...the more they cause other people to ridicule his behaviour.

Oh...It's the "people's" fault those "other people" ridicule his behavior?
Wrong.

If they're going to put him on a pedestal, they need to be prepared to accept other people will want to knock him off it.

Well, recognizing the natural tendencies of some people, yeah, you're right, they will want to knock him down. Too bad they don't recognize that shining example of behavior that his faith and upbringing has given him.

Your postings seem to say that having a crook in the slot is better than having a religious person there. Maybe a crackhead or a rapist, maybe? I disagree.... strongly.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Your postings seem to say that having a crook in the slot is better than having a religious person there. Maybe a crackhead or a rapist, maybe? I disagree.... strongly.

Not at all. Do you think "normal" people are crooks, crakeheads and rapists? Probably not.

Normal people aren't complete saints or sinners, but a bit of both. The world is not black and white but 6 billion shades of grey.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

His form of prayer, that whole taking a knee and putting his fist to his head is unusual so people noticed.

If he had simply stood on the sidelines, bowed his head and said a prayer, nobody would care, but he was making a show of it. If you want to say other people pray on the sidelines, you'd be right, but show me anybody that takes a knee and puts their fist to their head . . . that's the show.

Yep. We're used to the showboats, the crooks and the arrogance....that's the norm.

He's responsible for his own ridiclue, at least in part due to it.

Wrong

HEY FUNDIES! Why are you so silent after your little Pimp Tebow got his ass handed to him?? The Jeebus make him screw the pooch in Foxborough tonight?

There are two types of people in your above message; those who believe in Jesus, and those who have an extreme hatred for all those that believe in Jesus.

Of the two, I'll take the Jesus lovers any day. Hate is very unbecoming.

The Bronco's loss in a football game does no more to validate your disbelief in Jesus, than a win would have done to validate theirs.

Your rant has, however, certainly exhibited your irrational hate of religious folks. Too bad for you.

John...good stuff, big guy.
:)

christians aren't concerned with that...rejection is to be expected.

Groovy . . . then quit yer bitchin'. ;)

That big, loud *WHOOSH* that went over your head?
THAT was the sound of irony.

Geez, Quade...you don't sound rational tonight.

Not at all. Do you think "normal" people are crooks, crakeheads and rapists? Probably not.

Normal people aren't complete saints or sinners, but a bit of both. The world is not black and white but 6 billion shades of grey.

You say that and you may be right. Define your colors. Which ones are "normal"?

Oh, for the Brits: "colours".

My niece is a cheerleader for the Ravens, so my sister and her ex get free tickets to the games. They just saw the one on Sunday.

I know her ex would kill to get the Super Bowl, since he cares about football for some reason or another.

At any rate, I consider the possibility to be rather unlikely; given Tebow's performance, it seems even God can't beat the Patriots.

There is a bell curve of human behavior and experience called "normal."

Anytime society sees something that falls outside the middle three quintiles, it will be ridiculed. It doesn't say anything about the "character" of the people inside or outside of the middle three quintiles.

It's about being "normal."

Society? Or you?
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

Again
You apear to be one who wishes to difine what normal is

....or should be???
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

HEY FUNDIES! Why are you so silent after your little Pimp Tebow got his ass handed to him?? The Jeebus make him screw the pooch in Foxborough tonight?

I knew that if we left you alone for long enough you Yanks would finally come up with your own language.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I knew that if we left you alone for long enough you Yanks would finally come up with your own language.

:D:D:D
We know words. We don't know meanings yet.
:D:D:D

I'm not a religious person, but I love Tim Tebow. He is pure class. During one of the Broncos regular season games, a receiver dropped a pass. The guy felt bad and was bumming out on the bench. Tebow went up to him and talked to him, full of positive energy, and told him he would catch the game-winning pass. The Broncos came back, and the guy caught the game-winner in the end zone. In an interview during the playoffs, Tebow said that winning the Super Bowl was not everything, but that the season had been an amazing journey win or lose, and that he felt very blessed to be where he was regardless of whether they won the Super Bowl. I could not care less about the guy's religious beliefs. But he seems like a fundamentally good person. I can't remember anyone else in the NFL ever saying that winning wasn't everything, that it was the journey that was important. How can you not like a guy like that regardless of whether you believe in a god?

BTW, I'm sure you could find the two Tebow quotes on youtube or something, I just didn't bother to look for it.

+1

It amazes me that people can have such hatred for what appears to be just an all round nice and upstanding guy.

I don't really understand the whole hoopla around Tim Tebow. Overall I don't think he is a very good quarterback. It's really been the running back McGahee that has carried the team. If Tim can improve his throwing and run less he will be around longer. If he keeps running the ball a lot he will end up getting hurt and playing less.

It's about being "normal."

There are three concepts of normal.
1. Statistical, measures of central tendency
2. Moral, culturally relative
3. Concept of self
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

From Matthew 5:45

"He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust."

I thought he was on the side with the best artillery.

During the Gulf War, the Iraqi's had Russian 152mm howitzers. Regarded as the very best in the world.
"Another Kallend misconception..."

You need to learn some military history.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Normal people aren't starting QBs for NFL teams either.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

From Matthew 5:45

"He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust."

I thought he was on the side with the best artillery.

During the Gulf War, the Iraqi's had Russian 152mm howitzers. Regarded as the very best in the world.
"Another Kallend misconception..."

You need to learn some military history.

Correct the statement, then......... As a professional educator, that's right in your field.

Tebow seems like a good guy and good athlete.

The public that puts him up on a pedestal for his 'pose' and those that ridicule him for the same are really ignorant and should just focus on the game - what a serious waste of time when they can't seem to find their role models on a more personal basis.

As for his gesture - it's pretty much up to the refs since there is already a rule about 'excessive celebration'.

I've always found celebrating scoring to be unprofessional - seems a real professional shouldn't be so surprised about succeeding once in a while. It's pretty juvenile

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I'm not a religious person, but I love Tim Tebow. He is pure class. During one of the Broncos regular season games, a receiver dropped a pass. The guy felt bad and was bumming out on the bench. Tebow went up to him and talked to him, full of positive energy, and told him he would catch the game-winning pass. The Broncos came back, and the guy caught the game-winner in the end zone. In an interview during the playoffs, Tebow said that winning the Super Bowl was not everything, but that the season had been an amazing journey win or lose, and that he felt very blessed to be where he was regardless of whether they won the Super Bowl. I could not care less about the guy's religious beliefs. But he seems like a fundamentally good person. I can't remember anyone else in the NFL ever saying that winning wasn't everything, that it was the journey that was important. How can you not like a guy like that regardless of whether you believe in a god?

BTW, I'm sure you could find the two Tebow quotes on youtube or something, I just didn't bother to look for it.

+1

It amazes me that people can have such hatred for what appears to be just an all round nice and upstanding guy.

+2

The guy may be a football player, but he is also human, which means he has a life off the field. Because he's been playing good, that life gets publicized. So what if he wants to try to be a good person off the field?

And if you bag on him for it, what does that say about you?
"There is an art, it says, or, rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
Life, the Universe, and Everything

Normal people aren't starting QBs for NFL teams either.

Right! So before doing anything, they're already on the far ends of the bell curve. We generally accept that ONE exceptional thing with our heros, politicians, celebrities that allows them to be in the potition they have. Add in another thing and it's just too much.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver