jclalor

US Feds Spend $666,000 on Prayer study to Cure Aids

Outside of the 666 part, there was nothing funny about spending that much money on Hocus pocus bullshit.

With $666,000 in federal research money, scientists examined whether distant prayer could heal AIDS. It could not.

[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-alternative-medicine-20111211,0,568012.story[/url]

What a shocker.

I have a new study I'll be applying for grant money for:

"Will buying a new Sabre II, fishing spear, Savage .17 HMR, and Streetfighter 1100 S make me a happier person?"

Perhaps not, but there are unanswered questions out there and someone has to be on the front lines, asking them. I volunteer
Find your peace, though the world around you burns

Is there no demographic that Obama won't pander to?

From the article:

A small, little-known branch of the National Institutes of Health, NCCAM was launched a dozen years ago to study alternative treatments used by the public but not accepted by mainstream medicine.

Looks like it may have been started by Clinton, and funding was maintained by Bush. I don't think we can blame this entirely on Obama's pandering.

- Dan G

From the article:

A small, little-known branch of the National Institutes of Health, NCCAM was launched a dozen years ago to study alternative treatments used by the public but not accepted by mainstream medicine.

Looks like it may have been started by Clinton, and funding was maintained by Bush. I don't think we can blame this entirely on Obama's pandering.

When it comes to stupid spending like this, very few , if any presidents could be blamed
"America will never be destroyed from the outside,
if we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we destroyed ourselves."
Abraham Lincoln

From the article:

When it comes to stupid spending like this, very few , if any presidents could be blamed

Wouldn't it be more like congressmen with high hopes of getting votes?

Chuck

From the article:

Chuck

That is what I think
Abraham Lincoln

From the article:

Chuck

That is what I think

They get crap like this as 'riders' on big bills and we the tax-payers foot the bill.
I live in a rural area with a growing 'green-ie' population. One of the ladies bragged and advertised throughout the county that she got a grant for 'free dumpsters' that would be in certain locations for certain time periods. I called her on the 'free' part. I informed her that we as taxpayers were paying for them. :S I threw in also that her 'grant' was just one little reason this country is in a money bind.

Chuck

From the article:

Chuck

That is what I think

They get crap like this as 'riders' on big bills and we the tax-payers foot the bill.
I live in a rural area with a growing 'green-ie' population. One of the ladies bragged and advertised throughout the county that she got a grant for 'free dumpsters' that would be in certain locations for certain time periods. I called her on the 'free' part. I informed her that we as taxpayers were paying for them. :S I threw in also that her 'grant' was just one little reason this country is in a money bind.

Chuck

Seen this site yet?

http://www.dirtyspendingsecrets.com/?utm_source=DirtySpending&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=AD4&utm_campaign=2011_Brand&gclid=CLrL67__za0CFY0BQAodEifZmg
Abraham Lincoln

From the article:

Chuck

That is what I think

Chuck

Seen this site yet?

http://www.dirtyspendingsecrets.com/?utm_source=DirtySpending&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=AD4&utm_campaign=2011_Brand&gclid=CLrL67__za0CFY0BQAodEifZmg

WOW! >:(

My question is... how do we stop it? Seems like noone wants a line-item veto. So, how do we put an end to frivilous, pork-barrel spending?

Chuck

My question is... how do we stop it? Seems like noone wants a line-item veto. So, how do we put an end to frivilous, pork-barrel spending?

Chuck

Elect politicians that will actually exercise it?

Kinda hard to pull the pigs away from the feeding trough, though.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Chuck

Livin' high on the hog on our dime! Ass-holes!!!

Chuck

Chuck

Exactly. Once I read "Throw Them All Out" it all came together

Gotta stay long enough to get on committees so you can know what is coming and exercise the fact that they (congress critters) are not bound under the insider trading laws

Bastards
Abraham Lincoln

Outside of the 666 part, there was nothing funny about spending that much money on Hocus pocus bullshit.

With $666,000 in federal research money, scientists examined whether distant prayer could heal AIDS. It could not.

[url]http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-alternative-medicine-20111211,0,568012.story[/url]

What a shocker.

What is shocking? The Federal Government wastes our tax dollars. What's new?
Look for the shiny things of God revealed by the Holy Spirit. They only last for an instant but it is a Holy Instant. Let your soul absorb them.

*** With $666,000 in federal research money, scientists examined whether distant prayer could heal AIDS. It could not.

What a shocker.

What is shocking? The Federal Government wastes our tax dollars. What's new?

So we are in agreement, finally.

Not to worry.

It's a piss in the ocean compared to something like military procurements.

Omitting the big stuff from the list while listing the chicken feed is just playing politics.

I also noticed that jclalor carefully omitted the Alaskan "Bridge to nowhere" pork from the item he quoted. Maybe that's because the "Bridge to nowhere" was GOP inspired.

Now, how about a list of expensive military projects that the Pentagon didn't want but were forced on it by GOP politicians?

How about including the large portion of the DOE budget that goes for weapons, and the "black" budget too?

jclalor's list of waste includes a chicken feed item, but not much expensive waste that is dear to the hearts of liberals.

Not to worry.

Not to worry.

It's a piss in the ocean compared to something like military procurements.

Omitting the big stuff from the list while listing the chicken feed is just playing politics.

I also noticed that jclalor carefully omitted the Alaskan "Bridge to nowhere" pork from the item he quoted. Maybe that's because the "Bridge to nowhere" was GOP inspired.

Now, how about a list of expensive military projects that the Pentagon didn't want but were forced on it by GOP politicians?

How about including the large portion of the DOE budget that goes for weapons, and the "black" budget too?

jclalor's list of waste includes a chicken feed item, but not much expensive waste that is dear to the hearts of liberals.

Not to worry.

Rest assured, that if one dime of taxpayer money was spent studying if Muslim prayer cured trichinosis, there would be a great whaling and gnashing of teeth from you guys.

The point of the thread was not the dollar amount, but the fact that money was spent by the US Government on a magical cure in 2012.

No. It's what they do. I've been OK with it for a long time, but I'm getting tired of waiting for my turn. When are they going to pander to me?

I need some pandering.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley