grimmie

Nazi's, guns and evolution...

>I can see some nutter suing because of "bra" being in the name.

Maybe have an "algebro" option for the guys.

There you go, making fun of black people.

...or green people.

or boobies.
:)
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

The problem I'm having is, as you indicate of yourself, two different opinions blindly standing up screaming at each other "You're wrong! You're wrong!"

The problem is, you seem to think evolution and creationism are simply two opinions on the same footing.

Classic Pops!:D:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>

40% of Americans still believe God created people in their present form around 10,000 years ago. That's a lot of people who are OK with such antics.

I'm not sure if that can be substantiated, but if that's accurate, you guys need to do something about your education system. Are there really that many illiterate people there?

Most are literate. They just unplug their brain 80% of the time.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

>Could you imagine if Obama had said this?

FOX News would launch two new satellites so they could do 24/7 coverage of EVOLUTIONGATE 2012!

>Why isn't this national news. And why is this idiot still in office?

40% of Americans still believe God created people in their present form around 10,000 years ago. That's a lot of people who are OK with such antics.

Make that 5772 years. Plus "seven days," of course.

Then again, it could be that a narrative was used to justify the "zero" of the calendar, and perhaps the Mayans just picked an arbitrary maximum. Kind of like "640K ought to be enough for anybody."

>I see nothing wrong with teaching Creationism right along side of Evolutionism.

I liked Scientific American's approach to this -

Allow creationism to be taught in any school. Then make that list of schools available to science, engineering and medical schools, to ensure we don't get doctors who don't think bacteria can evolve resistance to antibiotics, or scientists who think that fossils are tricks planted by God.

The creationist kids will still have the fields of law, entertainment and food service available to them. That way everybody's happy.

"The Louisiana law, passed in 2008, allows for the teaching of any concept that challenges a scientific theory in order to promote thinking by students. "

I see noting wrong with this approach.

+1, I think that's a great idea

I see nothing wrong with teaching Creationism right along side of Evolutionism.

Well, it would probably be a very short class considering the creation story is only like a page and a half...

"Ok class, today we're gonna learn about creationism...God did it....Class dismissed."

I think it would be acceptable for most people to just leave creationism in religion class...but the problem I see with that is having some liberal atheist teaching Christianity.

Here's an idea...how about we learn about God and scripture at church?

Too many churches today are too preoccupied making people feel all warm and fuzzy - preaching prosperity and how God can help you score more touchdowns. The leaders are basically just motivational speakers tickling your ears and telling you what you wanna hear just so you feel good about yourself and keep comming back with your checkbook.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

>I see nothing wrong with teaching Creationism right along side of Evolutionism.

Allow creationism to be taught in any school. Then make that list of schools available to science, engineering and medical schools, to ensure we don't get doctors who don't think bacteria can evolve resistance to antibiotics, or scientists who think that fossils are tricks planted by God.

The creationist kids will still have the fields of law, entertainment and food service available to them. That way everybody's happy.

Hmmmm...I wonder how parochial school kids make out in college science fields.

Creation vs Evolution is such a divisive issue.
If you only teach one, then you're gonna wind up with a programmed tool instead of an educated, thinking human. I suppose maybe that is just what each side is really shooting for.

I'm in favor of giving the students something to think about, something to contrast and compare, as opposed to being brainwashed into either camp.

Suppose physics majors were only taught Newtonian physics...they will be at a great disadvantage when they hit the real world.

Suppose Political Science majors were only taught democracy. Again, they are going to have a hard time dealing with the real world.

Suppose History majors were only taught American history? Again....

If you could get the little gangstas to attend church as much as, or as little as, they do school you might have something.

Too many churches today are too preoccupied making people feel all warm and fuzzy.... just motivational speakers tickling your ears and telling you what you wanna hear just so you feel good about yourself and keep coming back with your checkbook.

Can't argue with that.

If you could get the little gangstas to attend church as much as, or as little as, they do school you might have something.

Well, not in Detroit!;)

The church system here is a mess...worse than the public schools!

Edit:
Fuck, everything here in Detroit is a God damned mess...and I don't mean that in vain.

Edit:
Fuck, everything here in Detroit is a God damned mess...and I don't mean that in vain.

Well, I can fix that!
I'll send you a U-haul.

With all due respect to Sam Kinison:
MOVE YOU STUPID FUCK! YOU LIVE IN A HELLHOLE!

:D:D:D
A little before your time but there ya' go.

MOVE YOU STUPID FUCK! YOU LIVE IN A HELLHOLE!

LaughLaughLaugh
A little before your time but there ya' go.

Hell no that's not before my time...in fact, that's my favorite comedic segment of all time!

But no...I love Detroit. I do...The peals of Detroit are one more thing I don't cast before swine.:P

>Hmmmm...I wonder how parochial school kids make out in college science fields.

I went to a catholic school but was fortunate to have an excellent lay biology teacher who said "we're learning about evolution here because it's science; you'll learn about creationism in bible studies." A good approach, I think, but not one that works well in public schools.

>If you only teach one, then you're gonna wind up with a programmed tool
>instead of an educated, thinking human.

Only one? There are dozens of creation myths! Why would you restrict students to just the Christian one? Wouldn't that result in a programmed tool instead of an educated, thinking human as well?

Again, a good solution there if your really want to teach creationism is to teach science in science class and religion in religion class. Hit on the top ten creation myths and let the kids discuss them. Problem solved.

>Suppose History majors were only taught American history?

Should history majors be taught that the Holocaust didn't happen? Some people believe that you know. How about that Bush demolished the Twin Towers with nanothermite? That we never landed on the Moon? That flouridation was a communist plot to kill Americans? That Obama was born in Kenya? That the Haiti earthquake was caused by a secret US weapon?

And again, people believe all that stuff. Does that mean that if you don't teach those things in a history class, you are producing programmed tools instead of educated, thinking humans as well?

Or might you be better off teaching those in a "famous conspiracy theories" class, rather than in history?

Should history majors be taught that the Holocaust didn't happen?

To my surprise, I've known american teenagers who didn't even know who Hitler was...What benefit is it to these promising future biological scientists to learn anything?

Let's face it....we're fucked, and it's because of all the liberal bullshit teachers...

Thanks for this Grimmie. . . but how quickly the crowd has digressed. . Let's get back on topic kids and talk about the "criminal ideas" of atheism!

I swear. this guy makes me wanna go "atheist" on y'all!!
. . .
"I want the full portrait of evolution and the people who came up with the ideas to be presented. It's a worldview and it's godless. Atheism has been tried in various societies, and they've been pretty criminal domestically and internationally. The Soviet Union, Cuba, the Nazis, China today: they don't respect human rights," he said.

"As a general court we should be concerned with criminal ideas like this and how we are teaching it... Columbine, remember that? They were believers in evolution. That's evidence right there," he said.
~~We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly~~MLK

Let's face it....we're fucked, and it's because of all the liberal bullshit teachers...

Please define "liberal"?

Who do you suggest? Conservative Saints like Robertson? We are all fucked because of polarizing discourse and myopic views that create division, hatred and fear.
~~We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly~~MLK

Thanks for this Grimmie. . . but how quickly the crowd has digressed. . Let's get back on topic kids and talk about the "criminal ideas" of atheism!

I swear. this guy makes me wanna go "atheist" on y'all!!
. . .
"I want the full portrait of evolution and the people who came up with the ideas to be presented. It's a worldview and it's godless. Atheism has been tried in various societies, and they've been pretty criminal domestically and internationally. The Soviet Union, Cuba, the Nazis, China today: they don't respect human rights," he said.

"As a general court we should be concerned with criminal ideas like this and how we are teaching it... Columbine, remember that? They were believers in evolution. That's evidence right there," he said.

Seriously...I'm getting tired of all this bullshit.

America is a great country because we don't take shit too serious...that's all. Our christian forefathers new this. Live and let live...and they even left the concept open for future generations.

(Disclaimer)
Please people...I'm just spouting out random shit from my head...don't take it sooooo seriously that you let my comments hijack the thread for 3-5 pages of boring nonsensical bullshit...ok, Jakee, Quade....whoever?

>Creation vs Evolution (FIFY) is such a divisive issue.
If you only teach one, then you're gonna wind up with a programmed tool
>instead of an educated, thinking human.

Only one? There are dozens of creation myths! Why would you restrict students to just the Christian one? Wouldn't that result in a programmed tool instead of an educated, thinking human as well?

Since you failed at context, Ok...I'll be more clear for you.....
"If you only teach one, creation or evolution,.....

Again, a good solution there if your really want to teach creationism is to teach science in science class and religion in religion class. Hit on the top ten creation myths and let the kids discuss them. Problem solved.

Well, we can sure tell where you stand on the issue ....separate them and make the issue as divisive as possible. Got it.
OK...you prefer separate classes. I prefer same class to simplify the effort to contrast and compare and give them an opportunity to discuss together.

>Suppose History majors were only taught American history?

Should history majors be taught that the Holocaust didn't happen? ......................

*sigh*
No, Bill, I'm not going to be led off the deep end with you on your typical wild-ass extrapolations here. You can go fishing off the bridge if you like...I'll not be baiting your hooks.

Hmmmm...I wonder how parochial school kids make out in college science fields.

If you only teach one, then you're gonna wind up with a programmed tool instead of an educated, thinking human. I suppose maybe that is just what each side is really shooting for.

I'm in favor of giving the students something to think about, something to contrast and compare, as opposed to being brainwashed into either camp.

Suppose physics majors were only taught Newtonian physics...they will be at a great disadvantage when they hit the real world.

Suppose Political Science majors were only taught democracy. Again, they are going to have a hard time dealing with the real world.

Suppose History majors were only taught American history? Again....

Another example of very poor logic.

One is a part of science and the other isn't. Your post implies that Evolution and Creationism are equal.

If schools are going to teach Creationism it needs to be a part of a class on world religions and not in any way associated with science.

Should history majors be taught that the Holocaust didn't happen? Some people believe that you know. How about that Bush demolished the Twin Towers with nanothermite? That we never landed on the Moon? That flouridation was a communist plot to kill Americans? That Obama was born in Kenya? That the Haiti earthquake was caused by a secret US weapon?

Yes, those should all be taught in science class. There should also be a section in the ciriculum to help kids sift thru all the options for invisible friends.

But seriously, teaching creationism in science class as a serious option to evolution is like teaching alchemy in chemistry class. It is nothing short of the propogation of ignorance.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

Well, we can sure tell where you stand on the issue ....separate them and make the issue as divisive as possible. Got it.
OK...you prefer separate classes. I prefer same class to simplify the effort to contrast and compare and give them an opportunity to discuss together.

Which version of creation should be taught? There are so many and they are all equally as likely be valid.