grimmie

Nazi's, guns and evolution...

The "conventional wisdom" has been that Santorum won't get much traction in New Hampshire because he's too much of a religious nut, and that therefore Santorum's money is better spent saturating South Carolina. Yet his donations are rolling in now, thanks to his 2nd place showing in IA. With that, along with this (story), maybe it's worth Santorum's while to invest some serious time & money in NH.

The gist of the article:

"A Republican state lawmaker in New Hampshire who introduced legislation to stop the teaching of evolution in schools has claimed that the theory of evolution lead to the Columbine massacre. "

And gays caused Katrina! And the ACLU and pro-choice people caused 9/11. I wonder what the round-earthers have caused? Probably that tidal wave.

The gist of the article:

"A Republican state lawmaker in New Hampshire who introduced legislation to stop the teaching of evolution in schools has claimed that the theory of evolution lead to the Columbine massacre. "

And gays caused Katrina! And the ACLU and pro-choice people caused 9/11. I wonder what the round-earthers have caused? Probably that tidal wave.

Women showing cleavage caused earthquakes.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Wow.

This is one of our US Senators. Nearly the highest office in our land.

Un-fucking-believable.

And makes me very appreciative that the public does not get to vote for Supreme Court Justices.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

>Could you imagine if Obama had said this?

FOX News would launch two new satellites so they could do 24/7 coverage of EVOLUTIONGATE 2012!

>Why isn't this national news. And why is this idiot still in office?

40% of Americans still believe God created people in their present form around 10,000 years ago. That's a lot of people who are OK with such antics.

And now this...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/04/new-hampshire-legislature-curriculum-objection-law_n_1184476.html?ref=mostpopular

Republicans won't rest until we are a theocracy. We slam other nations for their religious intolerance and teachings. We're getting closer to resembling the nations we are told to despise...:S[:/]

>And now this...

"Under this bill, a parent could find 'objectionable' how a teacher instructs on the basics of algebra. In each of those cases, the school district would have to develop an alternative educational plan for the student."

This will be fun.

>And now this...

"Under this bill, a parent could find 'objectionable' how a teacher instructs on the basics of algebra. In each of those cases, the school district would have to develop an alternative educational plan for the student."

This will be fun.

I can see some nutter suing because of "bra" being in the name.
I guess that should fall under sex edumakashun.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

This is one of our US Senators

Well no, it is a State senator.

Going by the article, they'll let any idiot have that job.

OK, so just a rung or 2 down the ladder. Still pretty sad such a high office holder has such extreme designs.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

>

40% of Americans still believe God created people in their present form around 10,000 years ago. That's a lot of people who are OK with such antics.

I'm not sure if that can be substantiated, but if that's accurate, you guys need to do something about your education system. Are there really that many illiterate people there?

>I can see some nutter suing because of "bra" being in the name.

Maybe have an "algebro" option for the guys.

:D:D
I have a feeling that they'd still sign up for the "bra" class. I know I would.

you guys need to do something about your education system. Are there really that many illiterate people there?

No, not really. We send them all to Canada.

"The Louisiana law, passed in 2008, allows for the teaching of any concept that challenges a scientific theory in order to promote thinking by students. "

I see noting wrong with this approach.
I see nothing wrong with teaching Creationism right along side of Evolutionism.

"OK, students...here's Creationist theory and where it comes from and here's Evolution theory and where it comes from."

What's the big deal?
Oh wait...we have wackos on both sides of the issue telling us the the other side is wrong and they are right.

I see noting wrong with this approach.
I see nothing wrong with teaching Creationism right along side of Evolutionism.

"OK, students...here's Creationist theory and where it comes from and here's Evolution theory and where it comes from."

What's the big deal?

The big deal is emobdied in your use of the term "right along side". The only place Creationism should be taught is in a religion class. Most certainly not in a science class. Now, some people will say that it's OK to teach it in Social Studies class, looking at the "comparative history" of the two approaches (or as you phrase it, "here's where X and Y each come from"). But that's bullshit; it's just another thinly-veiled way of teaching (read: enabling the indoctrination of) "creation science", even if the class is not called "science" (or "religion").

Creationism and evolution are not intellectual equivalents, any more than the biblical story of Moses and the burning bush and the science of combustion are equivalents. They're completely separate things, and should be taught as completely separate things.

>allows for the teaching of any concept that challenges a scientific theory in
>order to promote thinking by students.

==========================
OK class. We're going to teach you three alternative physics concepts today. The first one, the so-called dogmatic gravitational approach, states that gravitation is a universal force that acts on all matter in the universe, and whose attraction is given by the masses times a constant times one over the square of the distance.

The second is that the earth is flat and that all gravity acts straight down; it is the same everywhere.

The third is that God is pushing on our heads.

Tonight's homework will be to figure out how fast objects fall in various places. Use any of the above methods to figure it out - but support your work!

And yes, this will be on the final. So make sure you understand your chosen method, because you'll have to use it on the final exam.
==========================

What's the big deal?
Oh wait...we have wackos on both sides of the issue telling us the the other side is wrong and they are right.

Classic Pops. People who accept evolution and think creationism are wackos. Genius!:D:D:D
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

The big deal is emobdied in your use of the term "right along side". The only place Creationism should be taught is in a religion class. Most certainly not in a science class.

Well, the big battle here involves the two. It makes more sense to me to address them together as opposed to one here and the other over there...regardless of the definition of "science" or "religion". Whether that address is in a public school or in a church is a valid issue.

Now, some people will say that it's OK to teach it in Social Studies class, looking at the "comparative history" of the two approaches (or as you phrase it, "here's where X and Y each come from"). But that's bullshit; it's just another thinly-veiled way of teaching (read: enabling the indoctrination of) "creation science", even if the class is not called "science" (or "religion").

So, in reality, you're opposed to teaching anything related to religion in schools. No problem there from me. That would be preferable, IMO. I would make exception for parochial schools.

The problem I'm having is, as you indicate of yourself, two different opinions blindly standing up screaming at each other "You're wrong! You're wrong!"

Creationism and evolution are not intellectual equivalents,

Apples and oranges...exactly! So why the big pants-in-a-wad rhetoric of one vs the other from everyone?

any more than the biblical story of Moses and the burning bush and the science of combustion are equivalents.

How do you know God didn't use pyro?
:D:D:P

They're completely separate things, and should be taught as completely separate things.

Tell that to the nutters who equate them to the point of vein-popping argumentation and physical violence.

>I can see some nutter suing because of "bra" being in the name.

Maybe have an "algebro" option for the guys.

There you go, making fun of black people.

...or green people.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...