mikempb

CHRISTIAN APOLOGETICS

No...

But Atheists telling us how to be faithful is like a fat person telling us how to be skinny while eating deep fried twinkies.

The metaphor's getting a bit strained there, but it just about works... except that atheists aren't telling you how to be faithful (unless you're counting "don't be". Beowulf was only commenting on what the word faith means.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

>But Atheists telling us how to be faithful is like a fat person telling us how
>to be skinny while eating deep fried twinkies.

Well, to make it more parallel, it's like a skinny person telling you how to be fat while fasting. (Obviously the faithful already "know how to eat" to use that analogy.)

atheists aren't telling you how to be faithful

Ya I considered that...edited the post a few times to change the wording...doesn't really matter, it's all the same bullish, but certainly more accurate than your limp analogy.
Your secrets are the true reflection of who you really are...

>But Atheists telling us how to be faithful is like a fat person telling us how
>to be skinny while eating deep fried twinkies.

Well, to make it more parallel, it's like a skinny person telling you how to be fat while fasting. (Obviously the faithful already "know how to eat" to use that analogy.)

Ok, let me know when you start taking whuffo skydiving advice.

maybe we can get this post back on track

I say we just move from apologetics st8 to polemics:

Atheists will never understand faith until they grow enough balls to take the leap...to risk everything by going against everything you've known, everything that is natural....to risk everything to the point of being ridiculed, hated and despised the rest of your miserable life, if you are wrong.

Atheists will never understand faith until they grow enough balls to take the leap...to risk everything by going against everything you've known, everything that is natural....to risk everything to the point of being ridiculed, hated and despised the rest of your miserable life, if you are wrong.

Right! Because in a world where about 90% of the population believes in God, it's the religious faithful who are ostracized for their beliefs and not the atheists.

Oh come on. Get off your righteous high horse when it comes to acceptance and persecution.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

Right! Because in a world where about 90% of the population believes in God, it's the religious faithful who are ostracized for their beliefs and not the atheists.

Oh come on. Get off your righteous high horse when it comes to acceptance and persecution.

I'm sorry...I'm not trying to be ambiguos here, but it seems that two, maybe 3 different posters here have drawn a different conclusion on 2 different posts of mine...

Quade, I'm not talking about religious persecution...

I kept it rather general because I really don't feel like casting my pearls before swine...

http://pics.livejournal.com/ms_ntropy/pic/0019aqsc

( I really dont know why I take vacations quite honestly, whew! glad I'm home!!)
Let me say that when I started this post it wasnt to say why Im right and athiests are wrong. It is discussing apologetics because everywhere else in here there are plenty of that. Athiests are more than welcome in here otherwise its a few guys agreeing with each other. Ive had some post toward me that I didnt have an answer to and you can be sure Im going to look into them quite a bit more... I really dont want to change a mind of someone who doesnt want it changed, I want to argue my point have it argued back to me and if (when ) we dont agree, accept it.

Ok so cosmological , moral, and a touch or so of teleological ( design ) has been thrown in, not completley covered but I wanted to bring up the ACCURACY of the bible esp. the new testament
so first I'd like to point out that most of it has been written very early after jesus' death, any objections so far??

>Atheists will never understand faith until they grow enough balls to take the leap.

And many religious will never consider atheism until they find the courage to face death.

Ya, as if dying without having to face the consequences of your actions is so courageous...I bet any coward would just love that.