dreamdancer

The Coming Accidental War with Iran

The part i find the most troubling...Obama lives by politics and everything he does is for political gain.

You mark my works..No war time president has ever lost an election ... Obama is a puppet . and i predict he will take this nation to war for his own political advantage.
I hope i am wrong ...[:/]

Did it help Iran much in the late 80's when they did this exact same thing?

first they beat our own dictator - saddam. and now they've beaten the us in iraq...

It must be a fascinating fantasy world you live in. Someday a shrink or fiction author may ask you about it.

Here in the real world, back in 1987 and 1988 Iran used mines and tried to block the strait during the Iran-Iraq war. The US military destroyed all opposing forces that didn't turn tail and run, and then forced a cease-fire between Iran and Iraq. Operation Praying Mantis

Do you really think anything present day Iran uses to block the strait wouldn't be destroyed by the fifth fleet?
Russia doesn't think so - Russian military official: Iranian Navy no match for US battle group

we armed saddam so he was our dictator. he attacked iran for us - and lost. iran now have the upper hand in iraq...

You saying it doesn't make it so. Back up your claims with sources. Hell, anyone can say you moved to Thailand to do things that we're banned from joking/talking about on dz.com. Unless they have a source, it's all just hot air and make-believe, isn't it?

We armed Saddam? We armed half the freaking world, if not more. Does that mean everyone out there is "our boy"? I wouldn't say so. And if Saddam was so much our boy that he attacked Iran for us, then why the hell did he attack Kuwait and force the US military to attack to remove his army? See Desert Storm.

What makes you say Iran now has the upper hand in Iraq?

he attacked kuwait because he'd lost the war with iran and thought he'd get kuwait as a consolation prize. iran has the upper hand in iraq as the us got rid of their enemies there...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

You mark my works..No war time president has ever lost an election ... Obama is a puppet . and i predict he will take this nation to war for his own political advantage.

You might want to review 1992's election. And 2008 - McCain was Bush III during a war, didn't work out for him either.

Chris Rock said it best....I WOULD SHOOT YOUR ASS.....if i could fucking afford it!

Need I say more?
Look I would love to liberate Iran....trust me I would....but well we will have to tax the top 1% and you know that shit just aint going to float!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Wherever there is injustice, you will find us.
Wherever there is suffering, we'll be there!
Line!
Wherever liberty is threatened! You will find...

Hey! In modern days, it should read as fllws:

Wherever there is oil, we'll find it.
Wherever we find oil, we'll be there.... or:

Pay others (f. e. dictators) to pick it up for us, if needed by a war.

Igniting another fire in this area - as it has been done before - surely would help the US to shove a foot into the door.

Liberty is threatened where?

dudeist skydiver # 3105

Bah, the truth is the U.S. gets very little of their energy needs from the Persian Gulf and through the straights. Not sure why we whould be the ones making sure the shipping lanes are clear. Let Japan and China take care of it, that's where most of the oil goes (yes, I understand that it is a global market and we will pay more even if our supply isn't directly from there). Or let the exporting nations in the Gulf take care of it.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

Well, if you can't think of a single such place in the world, then you are definitely out of touch with current events.

Surely not. Your reply is BS.

What's "your" job again of intervening somewhere else in the world? Outside the US soil?

Common refrain: "Why isn't the US doing more for (insert name of latest country suffering from famine/earthquake/tsunami here)?"

Make up your minds.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Well, if you can't think of a single such place in the world, then you are definitely out of touch with current events.

Surely not. Your reply is BS.

What's "your" job again of intervening somewhere else in the world? Outside the US soil?

Common refrain: "Why isn't the US doing more for (insert name of latest country suffering from famine/earthquake/tsunami here)?"

Make up your minds.

You have to say that/think that way.

I don't have to.

And in regards of help for tsunami etc. ... make up your mind. Do you really think the US is the only Big Spender??

:|

dudeist skydiver # 3105

and closer...

In a move that could intensify a brewing Gulf showdown, US President Barack Obama on Saturday signed into law tough new sanctions targeting Iran's central bank and financial sector.

Twenty percent of the world's oil passes through the Strait of Hormuz, making it the "most important chokepoint" globally, according to the US Energy Information Administration.

Iran's navy was to test a number of missiles Sunday, targeting aerial drones, Mousavi told state television. It was also to launch torpedoes from submarines.

The exercises were taking place in waters to the east of the Strait of Hormuz, in the Gulf of Oman and the Gulf of Aden.

Iran said the scale of the manoeuvres were unprecedented in terms of the number of navy units taking part and the area involved: 2,000 square kilometres (770 square miles).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/iran/8986944/Iran-tests-missile-during-navy-war-games.html
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

>Obama is a puppet . and i predict he will take this nation to war for his own political advantage.

You've managed to contradict yourself within 14 words. Not the fastest flipflop on SC but a damn good effort.

Is there any subject that you are not an expert of???? Or any subject where the world would be a better place w/o your valued input?

Let's come up w/ a list of 2-3 things where the world does not need your input! Maybe Iran, foreign countries outside of TX, gun issues and rights.

Of course, you could well contribute to topics such as animal husbandry, rattler recipes, and incest.

So no chance of physically making it unnavigable a la Suez crisis.

It would be difficult but not completely impossible to physically block the straight; some mines and a couple of Silkworm batteries at the 50km choke point and you've got a pretty effective blockade.

With the largest supertankers having drafts of 20m or more, it wouldn't take too many being sunk to put a serious crimp in the amount of traffic that could pass.

Is there any subject that you are not an expert of???? Or any subject where the world would be a better place w/o your valued input?

Let's come up w/ a list of 2-3 things where the world does not need your input! Maybe Iran, foreign countries outside of TX, gun issues and rights.

Of course, you could well contribute to topics such as animal husbandry, rattler recipes, and incest.

It would be difficult but not completely impossible to physically block the straight; some mines and a couple of Silkworm batteries at the 50km choke point and you've got a pretty effective blockade.

With the largest supertankers having drafts of 20m or more, it wouldn't take too many being sunk to put a serious crimp in the amount of traffic that could pass.

Since you can't debate the man, attack the man. Calling him an expert in incest? low man, real low.[:/]

You're not worth the effort. You may have had a valid argument in the beginning of this thread but you have shown your not capable of adult behavior and actual debate.:|

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

The part i find the most troubling...Obama lives by politics and everything he does is for political gain.

"everything he does is for political gain"
you guys are absolutely naive & delusional lol. :D

Cheers
Shc

He has as much right to post here as anyone. And unlike your personal attacks, he had facts.

It's interesting how the liberal moderators ignore accusations of bestiality and incest when they're directed at a conservative member.

"everything he does is for political gain"
you guys are absolutely naive & delusional lol. :D

Cheers
Shc

It seems true, it is his job (being a Politician), if he doesn't do things to keep his job then he is unemployed.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Really, is it possible for americans to talk about ANYTHING without it coming back to a bitch fight between their political parties? It is truly pathetic.
When an author is too meticulous about his style, you may presume that his mind is frivolous and his content flimsy.
Lucius Annaeus Seneca

Im 50/50 Iran is flaunting and testing us every day. Its not like we have a right to make rules for them, we dont with India, Pakistan and other nuke countries. But they are clearly not on the same page as the rest of the world. Do I think WE should do something? No but I think someone nearby, that they can effect should. Maybe Israel should just drop a bomb or two, well maybe "Israel" ie: the U.S. like the last time "Israel" bombed them. We have all found out through history, that war is good for the economy, we will all be better off, except for the soldiers that go over there. And we will end up placing and supporting someone that will love us, until we cant help them anymore and turn on us, just like almost everyone the first poster mentioned as dead and an enemy of the us. The one thing that has changed, now we can bomb them with drones, so do I support a drone attack, well no! But wtf, why not, it will earn ratings for our elected officials. BTW im being 100% sarcastic, or not.

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!