mpohl

The Rich are Different -- Social Class as Culture

>They are not helping the poor and needy in America!

Are you?

>No, it needs to be an African, Haitian, or Bangladeshi child!!! Even better, a BLIND
>African, Haitian, or Bangladeshi child!!! But even that might not be good enough. Let
>them help the BLIND, ORPHANED African, Haitian, or Bangladeshi child!!! Cynical?
>Maybe! But that's how charities work including the Gates Foundation.

The Gates Foundation has contributed $250 million in grants to build small schools in poor areas of the US. Again, what have you done?

Well, if we had a proper tax rate in place, like 90% (incl. inheritance) for everyone above $100M, no loopholes, it'll all be a more cohesive society!

What I have done??? Probably more than you ever will!

Again, what have you done?

It's never about what he can do. Or what we all can do. It's always about what someone else should be made to do.

Well, if we had a proper tax rate in place, like 90% (incl. inheritance) for everyone above $100M, no loopholes, it'll all be a more cohesive society!

That won't even cover the deficit, and once you take that, what are you going to do for *next* year?

What I have done??? Probably more than you ever will!

Like fleeing the country so you're no longer paying taxes?
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

>What I have done?

Yes. What have you done? It's a simple question. You claim that the rich "are not helping the poor and needy in America" but they give millions. I think you're a better target for your own ire, since you can't even give a single example of what you have done for the poor in the US.

SO cohesiveness is your goal? Nothing says "cohesiveness" like equal misery for all.

My wife is hotter than your wife.

Yes, a cohesive society is a good goal.

If you can't walk around freely in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, any time, day or night, because of "class warfare" brought on by abject poverty and lack of opportunities.
We have enough wealth in this country! It just needs to distributed more evenly!

P.S.: Works great for the Scandinavian countries and most of Europe. Ever seen a high-speed train in the US??? Or a decent US-engineered (Ford, GM, Chrysler) car?

SO cohesiveness is your goal? Nothing says "cohesiveness" like equal misery for all.

'Rob the rich to feed the poor'.... they never mention what happens when there's no more rich to rob.
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Well, once all the rich have been robbed, they are no longer rich! And the poor, will be longer poor! But everybody will have enough and we'll all be better off...

Go pack your ball of crap! It's disgusting!:)

'Rob the rich to feed the poor'.... they never mention what happens when there's no more rich to rob.

Well, once all the rich have been robbed, they are no longer rich! And the poor, will be longer poor! But everybody will have enough and we'll all be better off...

Uh-huh...you must have missed the part where taking everything that 'the rich' have would pay this year's deficit...so who do you rob *next* year?
Mike
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

Do as you please. After all "Texas is like a whole 'nother country." Lived in Harris County, I understand.

Best wishes to you and Texas. I am done w/ this thread. Too many village idiots!

Uh-huh...you must have missed the part where taking everything that 'the rich' have would pay this year's deficit...so who do you rob *next* year?

Go pack your ball of crap! It's disgusting!:)

The problem with your idea, and it is not a new one of course, is that the rich are now motivated to hide their money even better, and the poor are motivated even less to work for their "earnings".

But if I understand your feud with "The Texan", this US Debt and Economy issue, isn't really your problem, is it?

Matt

An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

You finally show your true bearings as just another imperialist pig suckling dry the breasts of the working class that feed you!
I am ready to become a martyr in the pursuit of happiness for all! Not just the well-to-do. Go ahead and ban me, torturer!!!

P.S.: This is just too much fun.

Your one warning. Cut it out.

You finally show your true bearings as just another imperialist pig suckling dry the breasts of the working class that feed you!
I am ready to become a martyr in the pursuit of happiness for all! Not just the well-to-do. Go ahead and ban me, torturer!!!

Why don't you refocus on your thread a minute. You will lose the big dick contest here any way, it is the internet after all.

Your idea has flaws, big flaws, see them yet?

Matt

Bu-bye!:P

What you say is reflective of your knowledge...HOW ya say it is reflective of your experience. Airtwardo

Someone's going to be spanked! Hopefully, it will be me. Skymama

If you can't walk around freely in Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, any time, day or night, because of "class warfare" brought on by abject poverty and lack of opportunities.
We have enough wealth in this country! It just needs to distributed more evenly!

P.S.: Works great for the Scandinavian countries and most of Europe.

will everyone be equally unattractive as well?

BTW, I think Tiger Wood's ex wife is doing a lot better than others from her country.

My point is that it does not need to be that way. In a society w/o the superrich, everybody can live comfortably. If that means 90% taxes, so be it.

Heck, the US has not produced a car that it can sell outside of its own borders (GM, Ford, Chrysler).
One of the most successful companies worldwide, Volkswagen, "People's Car", has now taken steps to restrict availability of their workers by e-mail beyond working hours!!

IMAGINE!!!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16314901

P.S.: Black-Eyed Peas. War Song! That's how the world and even some in the US, see us! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Y6DNfBgiY

Why don't you refocus on your thread a minute. You will lose the big dick contest here any way, it is the internet after all.

Matt

My point is that it does not need to be that way. In a society w/o the superrich, everybody can live comfortably. If that means 90% taxes, so be it.

Heck, the US has not produced a car that it can sell outside of its own borders (GM, Ford, Chrysler).
One of the most successful companies worldwide, Volkswagen, "People's Car", has now taken steps to restrict availability of their workers by e-mail beyond working hours!!

IMAGINE!!!!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-16314901

P.S.: Black-Eyed Peas. War Song! That's how the world and even some in the US, see us! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Y6DNfBgiY

Matt

Is there an example of this society?

But you idea, again not new, wont work here. The rich will move their money and the poor will sit back and wait for their mail money (no offense intended to those receiving residuals).

Matt

>You finally show your true bearings as just another imperialist pig suckling dry the
>breasts of the working class that feed you!

Cool. Always wanted to be an imperialist pig.

>I am ready to become a martyr in the pursuit of happiness for all!

But apparently not willing to help them. Interesting.