dreamdancer

Bradley Manning Hearing Ends with No Clear Sign of Harm Done to US

This, the long version, seems to take the wind out of the sails of those who used the short version to scream "Murder".

I see plenty of weapons in their hands, plus shaving been there and seeing that the enemy hid in civilian groups and wore civilian clothing understand the battle field. It sucks that the reporters got killed, but I do not see it as an act of "Murder" in out State side sense.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

who told you they didn't?

You did. Post 158. And you quote:

Yes we do. And when it fails, as it did and has, we have people like Bradley Manning to correct it. And we have people like me that support those types of maneuvers by insiders when they see wrong happening and no one is doing anything about it.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

At the end of it all, Manning broke the laws he was subject to under the UCMJ. All the warm fuzzy feelings he may have from other pussy Anarchists will be of no comfort when he spends 25+ years at Leavenworth or Florence ADMAX.

And Monday Morning keyboard quarterbacks like Douchedrinker will move onto their next Cause Célèbre du Jour. And when he supports (consequence-free) others like he now does for Manning, he'll strut and fret his hour upon the stage, And shall be heard no more: it is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing.

(Apologies to Wm. Shakespeare)

At the end of it all, Manning broke the laws he was subject to under the UCMJ. All the warm fuzzy feelings he may have from other pussy Anarchists will be of no comfort when he spends 25+ years at Leavenworth or Florence ADMAX.

And Monday Morning keyboard quarterbacks like Douchedrinker will move onto their next Cause Célèbre du Jour. And when he supports (consequence-free) others like he now does for Manning, he'll strut and fret his hour upon the stage, And shall be heard no more: it is a tale Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing.

#1 Absolutely!

Chuck

I seriously doubt that those who supports Manning's actions will be honorable enough to support him throughout his life sentence. It's easy to have opinions. Opinions are cheap. Being a Man/Woman, however, is backing it up with action and taking some risks. Anything less is just noise. Fanboy crap.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln

The one thing good that came out of this is how vulnerable and easy our web based data is to access. Manning wasn't even a "spy" and look what he was able to do!

Since he was convicted of the Violating the UCMJ and in the passing of Classified Documents, what does it mean for his accomplices?

Matt

I seriously doubt that those who supports Manning's actions will be honorable enough to support him throughout his life sentence. It's easy to have opinions. Opinions are cheap. Being a Man/Woman, however, is backing it up with action and taking some risks. Anything less is just noise. Fanboy crap.

+2 "Anarchists will be of no comfort when he spends 25+ years at Leavenworth or Florence ADMAX."

The one thing good that came out of this is how vulnerable and easy our web based data is to access. Manning wasn't even a "spy" and look what he was able to do!

Since he was convicted of the Violating the UCMJ and in the passing of Classified Documents, what does it mean for his accomplices?

Matt

He wasn't a "spy" in the definition of theater, but he was Military Intelligence. His job description involves using collected information to put together intel packages or collecting intel himself. This requirement demands some serious clearance levels and puts a wide reaching spread for "need to know" among many facets. It was easy for him because of this. Other MOS, NEC, ect. . . may not require as much need to know, but same level of clearance.

For his accomplices, if they are civillian, I believe they have to show espionage to get any charges.

Matt

He wasn't a "spy" in the definition of theater, but he was Military Intelligence. His job description involves using collected information to put together intel packages or collecting intel himself. This requirement demands some serious clearance levels and puts a wide reaching spread for "need to know" among many facets. It was easy for him because of this. Other MOS, NEC, ect. . . may not require as much need to know, but same level of clearance.

For his accomplices, if they are civillian, I believe they have to show espionage to get any charges.

I'm sure there are specific, accepted legal definitions of "spy", "espionage", etc. But I would think that a spy is someone who works for say, "A", and whose job it is to gather intelligence from "B". He can do this by directly stealing documents, files, etc. himself, or by intercepting communications, etc. This guy might be considered an honorable patriot by "A". Sometimes he can convince someone who has been placed in a position of trust by "B" to commit a treasonous act and steal the info for him. This second guy is considered a traitor by "B" and might be considered an untrustworthy POS by "A", too. They already know that his sworn allegiance is for sale.

Matt

I'm sure there are specific, accepted legal definitions of "spy", "espionage", etc. But I would think that a spy is someone who works for say, "A", and whose job it is to gather intelligence from "B". He can do this by directly stealing documents, files, etc. himself, or by intercepting communications, etc. This guy might be considered an honorable patriot by "A". Sometimes he can convince someone who has been placed in a position of trust by "B" to commit a treasonous act and steal the info for him. This second guy is considered a traitor by "B" and might be considered an untrustworthy POS by "A", too. They already know that his sworn allegiance is for sale.

I don't believe espionage was an attempt here. Just an idiot whose "fight" was ill placed and intentions irresponsible and dangerous. He's definitely no John Walker, but his damage is costly diplomatically, financially and operationally.

Matt

I don't believe espionage was an attempt here. Just an idiot whose "fight" was ill placed and intentions irresponsible and dangerous. He's definitely no John Walker, but his damage is costly diplomatically, financially and operationally.

no damage has been shown to be done to the us - read the title of the thread. after manning they will go after assange of course...
stay away from moving propellers - they bite
blue skies from thai sky adventures
good solid response-provoking keyboarding

Matt

no damage has been shown to be done to the us - read the title of the thread. after manning they will go after assange of course...[/reply

D'ya really think they'll go after them? :P
I've lost count of the number of times you've said that.

Chuck

Since he was convicted of the Violating the UCMJ and in the passing of Classified Documents...

He's only been charged, and had the equivalent of a preliminary hearing thus far. Trial is still in the future.

Ooops! I thought he had moved beyond the article 32 (?) hearing, stupid misleading thread title!

Matt

no damage has been shown to be done to the us - read the title of the thread. after manning they will go after assange of course

The thread title itself is wrong, buddy.

no damage has been shown to be done to the us - read the title of the thread. after manning they will go after assange of course...

You putting a statement into a thread title doesn't make that statement true.

US Sources Exposed...

An encrypted WikiLeaks file containing 251,000 unredacted U.S. State Department cables is now widely available online, along with the passphrase to open it. The release of the documents in raw form, including the names of U.S. informants around the globe, has raised concerns that dozens of people could now be in danger.

witty subliminal message
Guard your honor, let your reputation fall where it will, and outlast the bastards.
1*

...from the link...

WikiLeaks blames the Guardian for disclosing the password in a book it published earlier this year about its WikiLeaks collaboration. WikiLeaks called the Guardian‘s action “gross negligence or malice.” “The Guardian disclosure is a violation of the confidentiality agreement between WikiLeaks and Alan Rusbridger, editor-in-chief of the Guardian, signed July 30, 2010,” the group said in a lengthy statement.

...from that link...

A Guardian journalist has, in a previously undetected act of gross negligence or malice, and in violation a signed security agreement with the Guardian's editor-in-chief Alan Rusbridger, disclosed top secret decryption passwords to the entire, unredacted, WikiLeaks Cablegate archive. We have already spoken to the State Department and commenced pre-litigation action. We will issue a formal statement in due course.

WIKILEAKS

Well, that takes a lot of fucking gall.

'raised concerns' isn't a clear sign of harm done to the us...

Where did you go to law school? How did you become an expert on Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, and general Jurisprudence, much less the military variant of all of the above?

Careful.....Andy9o8 is kinda touchy about the sexuality issue on this traitor. Check out Andy9o8's emotional prior posts complaining about a newspaper article that mentioned Manning's tranny-ism.
Oh...sorry, wrong poster.:$:$:$